Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411109 times)

Offline mercury

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1665 on: June 03, 2016, 02:32:37 AM »
What is wrong with pushung  the sofa back after searchng behnd it...unless you mean n the panic they shouldnt  care

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1666 on: June 03, 2016, 02:40:33 AM »
What is wrong with pushung  the sofa back after searchng behnd it...unless you mean n the panic they shouldnt  care
That's exactly what I mean Merc.
In the crime scene photos the sofa is all the way back against the wall.
In an urgent search why waste time, after searching behind it, to push it back against the wall?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1667 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:07 AM »
That's exactly what I mean Merc.
In the crime scene photos the sofa is all the way back against the wall.
In an urgent search why waste time, after searching behind it, to push it back against the wall?
Gerry said theyd moved the sofa to the wall cos the kids were throwng cards iiirc behnd it? So who said the sofa was away from the wall, Im gettng confused , night

Offline Admin

« Reply #1668 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:52 AM »
If police didn't open all 16 wardrobe doors in the apartment it was an incomplete search Merc.

At that moment one of the GNR officers told the witness that they had already searched for the girl in the wardrobes and other places in the apartment without having taken any care as to leaving their own traces or for destroying or adulterating any traces that might be of interest to the investigation.

After the arrival of the witness and his colleague Vitor Martins the scene was isolated and the inspection began, namely the collection of statements and inspection of the scene, the respective reports that were subsequently attached to the process documents.
Reads, ratifies and signs.
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post112.html#p112

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1669 on: June 03, 2016, 01:16:24 PM »
Gerry said theyd moved the sofa to the wall cos the kids were throwng cards iiirc behnd it? So who said the sofa was away from the wall, Im gettng confused , night

And didn't notice the trapped curtain. Must have been preoccupied at the time.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1670 on: June 03, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
-You have put words into my mouth
- I was not berating just giving comment n the "it was so cold and dark" reason suggested for why KM did not search
-I already gave one reason to Brietta how/why KM or anyone else could have looked "in the dark" there is no evidence she personally did, she never said she did n her statements to police, she never she did in years of repeated detailed interviews and documentaries worldwide, but when Madelene the book came out, she told how she sprinted up and down the road and looked in the car park
-A response is not required

Please could you give a link to where Kate said it was too cold and dark to search for Madeleine.

Madeleine was searched for in the surrounding area of the apartment, then the they were with the police.   Name parents who have gone out searching when the police are searching.    They wouldn't have known where to start looking and running up and down streets screaming your child is missing is not going to help anyone.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1671 on: June 03, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
Wandered? I thought Kate said she knew right away that Maddie was abducted- jemmied shutters -open window whooosh...
On  that note; we do not know what time Maddie was last seen by anyone, so the time scale could have  been just after parents left, which would mean a couple of hours Maddie was 'dissapeared' so searching the immediate area would have been fruitless, also, If she were abducted would the abductor hang about waiting to be caught? 
Hmmm not making any sense is it really.

Even if you believe your child has been abducted you would still go out and search the area wouldn't you?  How were the McCann's to know when she was taken? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #1672 on: June 03, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
Even if you believe your child has been abducted you would still go out and search the area wouldn't you?  How were the McCann's to know when she was taken?

Or if even.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1673 on: June 03, 2016, 03:38:16 PM »
Please could you give a link to where Kate said it was too cold and dark to search for Madeleine.

Madeleine was searched for in the surrounding area of the apartment, then the they were with the police.   Name parents who have gone out searching when the police are searching.    They wouldn't have known where to start looking and running up and down streets screaming your child is missing is not going to help anyone.

Well this gentleman did http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9470638/Tia-Sharp-Father-speaks-of-horror-at-being-yards-from-her-body-during-search.html. Came all the way from Nottingham I believe.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1674 on: June 03, 2016, 05:18:14 PM »
Well this gentleman did http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9470638/Tia-Sharp-Father-speaks-of-horror-at-being-yards-from-her-body-during-search.html. Came all the way from Nottingham I believe.

How long did he search for?  Also he would probably have been searching in places where Tia frequented,  just as the McCann's and friends did,   being a lot older than Madeleine Tia would have been to a lot more places than Madeleine would have on her holiday.   Also Tia's father was searching areas he was familiar with himself,  unlike the McCann's who were in a foreign country.  You really can't compare the two.   Imagine if Tia's father had found Tia,  what a horrible memory he would have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.   I don't like comparing families and saying they should have searched,   April's mother didn't search and Sarah Payne's parents after searching everywhere where Sarah could have gone left it to the Police.   I don't think anyone should judge parents in this way.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1675 on: June 03, 2016, 06:43:27 PM »
I did not think nor did I say they did not search through the night ... on another thread ... on the same subject ... I have used the same quote you did.

Goncalo Amaral became co-ordinator of Madeleine's case on the night she vanished ... he was informed of the disappearance while he was at dinner.

He was in charge of the investigation from that point.

Sorry, Brietta, I thought that's what you were saying below. I think you'll find the PJ are detectives and the GNR are like our uniformed police. It was their responsibility to search, not the PJ's.

Online Brietta

View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

« Reply #1624 on: June 02, 2016, 12:14:29 PM »
Quote from: pegasus on June 02, 2016, 02:22:40 AM
Soon after the alarm, the moon rose, and it was a full moon - ideal for searching.

"the moon was out later on" (source: MO Rog)

If the full moon was sufficient light to search by ... why didn't the PJ organise official search teams to conduct searches?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1676 on: June 03, 2016, 10:47:16 PM »
How long did he search for?  Also he would probably have been searching in places where Tia frequented,  just as the McCann's and friends did,   being a lot older than Madeleine Tia would have been to a lot more places than Madeleine would have on her holiday.   Also Tia's father was searching areas he was familiar with himself,  unlike the McCann's who were in a foreign country.  You really can't compare the two.   Imagine if Tia's father had found Tia,  what a horrible memory he would have to carry around with him for the rest of his life.   I don't like comparing families and saying they should have searched,   April's mother didn't search and Sarah Payne's parents after searching everywhere where Sarah could have gone left it to the Police.   I don't think anyone should judge parents in this way.

So Tia Sharp's father searched as did Sarah Payne's parents and, I believe, April Jones's dad. To be clear I am not judging the McCanns just illustrating that your claim about parents searching is simply untrue.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1677 on: June 03, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »

make your mind up, she searched or she didnt, she never ever mentioned searching anywhere as i said before until 2011 and that was in the car park backing the flat and up and down the main road

Here is your link, clearly suggesting it was too dark to search and also that no one else was! The. volunteers and MW staff and police were doing exactly that all night. She later made reference in later interviews the volunteers not being organised enough so maybe you can see that criticism of people who were trying to help or suggesting no one  helped  didnt help her!! Like Faithlilly Im not judging what was done on the dreadful night, its not a good thing though how it was portrayed in interviews and in the book Madeleine
------
Kate McCann: I can remember our friends shouting: "You need to close the borders!" and they were shouting: "Morocco, Algiers..." you know, I can remember all this going on and "Road blocks, you need road blocks". I mean it was our friends out there kind of saying this.

Gerry McCann: I was... errm... pretty adamant Kate should stay in the apartment in case Madeleine was found so we knew where to bring her right away.

Kate McCann: I was mainly in the bedroom and then I was just praying actually, I was just ringing everyone and getting them to pray and I felt so helpless. It was really cold. You know, I knew what pyjamas she had on and I just thought 'she's going to be freezing' and it was just dark and dark, and every minute seemed like an hour and, errm... obviously we were up all night and we just waited for that, errm... first bit of light at 6 o'clock.

Gerry McCann: And then we went out searching, two of us, at daylight.

Kate McCann: It was just deserted. And we were just searching. Through the undergrowth, through bushes.
http://www.mccannfiles.com/id453.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:56:31 PM by mercury »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1678 on: June 04, 2016, 12:14:04 AM »
The time the McCanns left the Payne's apartment.

'Can you remember what sort of time that was roughly''

'Erm it was still very cold and, and dark, erm I think it was you know, between five and six.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1679 on: June 04, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
And didn't notice the trapped curtain. Must have been preoccupied at the time.

I must have a blind spot about this sofa thing, can you tell me what its all about? Please?