Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411612 times)

Offline mercury

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1680 on: June 04, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
The time the McCanns left the Payne's apartment.

'Can you remember what sort of time that was roughly''

'Erm it was still very cold and, and dark, erm I think it was you know, between five and six.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm
Thanks PF, interesting

Offline misty

« Reply #1681 on: June 04, 2016, 12:42:34 AM »
I must have a blind spot about this sofa thing, can you tell me what its all about? Please?

It's all about a child hiding/having been hidden behind a sofa which was not referred to by any of the searchers as being moved & looked there.
 Cases where a child has fallen asleep in unusual places in a family home then reported as missing have been highlighted. Searchers/police failed to check thoroughly.
The issue now being raised is why pull the sofa away from the wall & push it back again? Or was it never moved?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1682 on: June 04, 2016, 12:47:15 AM »
Thanks PF, interesting

Dark according to Fiona not so according to the McCanns. Searching in bushes, ditches and holes is hard to do in the dark unless you know where to look.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1683 on: June 04, 2016, 12:50:23 AM »
It's all about a child hiding/having been hidden behind a sofa which was not referred to by any of the searchers as being moved & looked there.
 Cases where a child has fallen asleep in unusual places in a family home then reported as missing have been highlighted. Searchers/police failed to check thoroughly.
The issue now being raised is why pull the sofa away from the wall & push it back again? Or was it never moved?

The sofa wouldn't be up tight against the wall trapping a curtain if a child was behind it. Enough of fantasy luzland!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #1684 on: June 04, 2016, 12:58:37 AM »
The sofa wouldn't be up tight against the wall trapping a curtain if a child was behind it. Enough of fantasy luzland!

It's not my thesis, Pathfinder. I'm just explaining why we are discussing the sofa position, even though it still doesn't explain the "what happened next" bit.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1685 on: June 04, 2016, 02:09:46 AM »
(snip) ... one of the GNR officers told the witness that they had already searched for the girl in the wardrobes ... (snip)"
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post112.html#p112
If the GNR officer opened all 16 wardrobe doors, why are there 4 completely closed upper doors in one of the crime scene photos?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:14:34 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1686 on: June 04, 2016, 02:19:25 AM »
If the GNR officer opened all 16 wardrobe doors, why are there 4 completely closed upper doors in one of the crime scene photos?

I think it's more a question of how many doors were photographed open?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1687 on: June 04, 2016, 02:28:14 AM »
There are two possible hypotheses for the sofa during the search
Hypothesis 1: No-one searched behind the sofa.
Hypothesis 2: Someone searched behind the sofa - and then pushed it all the way back against the wall.
It's got to be one or the other - which one is it?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1688 on: June 04, 2016, 02:33:05 AM »
I think it's more a question of how many doors were photographed open?
IMO the lower 8 doors were opened by the GNRofficer, but not the upper 8.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:35:13 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1689 on: June 04, 2016, 02:41:57 AM »
There are two possible hypotheses for the sofa during the search
Hypothesis 1: No-one searched behind the sofa.
Hypothesis 2: Someone searched behind the sofa - and then pushed it all the way back against the wall.
It's got to be one or the other - which one is it?

It's very difficult to tell because of the angle at which the CS photo was taken.
The l/h curtain has been left hanging vertically rather than bunched up, suggesting sofa was away from the wall when the curtain was drawn back.
However, the 2nd sofa & the coffee table seem in perfect alignment with the wall sofa so.....any advance on that?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1690 on: June 04, 2016, 02:51:33 AM »
It's very difficult to tell because of the angle at which the CS photo was taken.
The l/h curtain has been left hanging vertically rather than bunched up, suggesting sofa was away from the wall when the curtain was drawn back.
However, the 2nd sofa & the coffee table seem in perfect alignment with the wall sofa so.....any advance on that?
The curtains behind the sofa - were they left closed all week, day and night?
Or were they opened every morning and then closed every evening?

Offline misty

« Reply #1691 on: June 04, 2016, 03:08:30 AM »

Difficult to say, depends on Kate's own habits & preferences. From a light-level aspect during the day, there was probably no need to open that particular set if the big patio curtains & the blinds behind the dining table were open.
Were the curtains in the children's room ever open by day?
Me - I like a light room, so open my main curtains first thing & just have the venetian reflecting the sun away as it moves across our big bay window. I know a few people who leave curtains/blinds closed all day.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1692 on: June 04, 2016, 04:11:24 AM »
Difficult to say, depends on Kate's own habits & preferences. From a light-level aspect during the day, there was probably no need to open that particular set if the big patio curtains & the blinds behind the dining table were open.
Were the curtains in the children's room ever open by day?
Me - I like a light room, so open my main curtains first thing & just have the venetian reflecting the sun away as it moves across our big bay window. I know a few people who leave curtains/blinds closed all day.

I don't have curtains or blinds.  But I don't think that Kate will much have thought about it, especially in bedrooms.  But does it really matter?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1693 on: June 04, 2016, 06:22:54 AM »
When we had shutters I used to raise them in the morning when I went in to get the children up. Then I could see to do that and to make the beds later. I used to get the children's clothes from their bedrooms too. I wonder if the chest of drawers in the children's room was used? That would have meant moving a cot away from it. It depends how dark it was with the shutters down. Ours were wooden, very heavy, and made the room very dark.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #1694 on: June 04, 2016, 08:40:16 AM »

Why would they bother closing them in the evening - they were hardly in the place ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future