Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411119 times)

Offline Lace

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1695 on: June 04, 2016, 08:54:45 AM »
So Tia Sharp's father searched as did Sarah Payne's parents and, I believe, April Jones's dad. To be clear I am not judging the McCanns just illustrating that your claim about parents searching is simply untrue.
'
Sarah Payne's parents searched everywhere locally she could have gone,  then they rang the police and the police took over.

April Jones dad didn't search as far as I know.

You are trying to make out that the McCann's didn't bother searching when they did,   after they didn't find her anywhere in the vicinity they left it to the police to do an extended search which is what all parents do.

snippet about April's dad -   A close friend and former workmate said: ‘Paul is unable to work because of his eye problems. He wanted to go out and join the search for April on the night she went missing but it would have been difficult for him.’

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 09:32:53 AM by Lace »

stephen25000

« Reply #1696 on: June 04, 2016, 09:00:22 AM »
'
Sarah Payne's parents searched everywhere locally she could have gone,  then they rang the police and the police took over.

You are trying to make out that the McCann's didn't bother searching when they did,   after they didn't find her anywhere in the vicinity they left it to the police to do an extended search which is what all parents do.

They 'searched'  the following morning briefly.

Meanwhile hundreds of other people had searched throughout the night, and many continued to do so for weeks afterwards.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1697 on: June 04, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
They 'searched'  the following morning briefly.

Meanwhile hundreds of other people had searched throughout the night, and many continued to do so for weeks afterwards.

Many searched for Sarah Payne through the night too Stephen,  and weeks afterwards,   the McCann's were with the police most of the night and then they searched early morning.

What is it with you,    why pick out the McCann's when other parents have done the same?

What's with the inverted commas around searched?    They DID search.

stephen25000

« Reply #1698 on: June 04, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »
Many searched for Sarah Payne through the night too Stephen,  and weeks afterwards,   the McCann's were with the police most of the night and then they searched early morning.

What is it with you,    why pick out the McCann's when other parents have done the same?

What's with the inverted commas around searched?    They DID search.

That is a matter of opinion Lace, as to whether they actually searched.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1699 on: June 04, 2016, 09:56:43 AM »
That is a matter of opinion Lace, as to whether they actually searched.

Ignore all the witness statements then is it Stephen?   

stephen25000

« Reply #1700 on: June 04, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
Ignore all the witness statements then is it Stephen?   

It is dependent on what is meant by searching in the context of what the mccanns did.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1701 on: June 04, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
It is dependent on what is meant by searching in the context of what the mccanns did.

ive read it was dark and cold so that explains it

Offline Lace

« Reply #1702 on: June 04, 2016, 10:13:33 AM »

They searched Stephen,   but that will mean nothing to you,  you will always keep posting that they didn't,   so won't waste anymore of my time.

stephen25000

« Reply #1703 on: June 04, 2016, 10:17:40 AM »
ive read it was dark and cold so that explains it

So how come hundreds of other people could search through the cold and dark ?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1704 on: June 04, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »
'

snippet about April's dad -   A close friend and former workmate said: ‘Paul is unable to work because of his eye problems. He wanted to go out and join the search for April on the night she went missing but it would have been difficult for him.’

So April's dad 'wanted' to search but had a very good reason why he couldn't . Can we say the same for Gerry ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #1705 on: June 04, 2016, 10:19:25 AM »
They searched Stephen,   but that will mean nothing to you,  you will always keep posting that they didn't,   so won't waste anymore of my time.

It is very self evident who are the people who really searched for Madeleine, the night she disappeared and in the subsequent weeks.

If I am wasting your time, there is no need to reply to me.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1706 on: June 04, 2016, 10:21:04 AM »
'

Also:-
Sandy Davidson age 3 disappeared from the back garden of his grandparents home.   His mother Margaret told Lorraine Kelly in a TV doc.  that she couldn't physically take part in the search for her son because she was too afraid of what she might find.

I've never read a word of criticism of that mother for deciding not to search for her own child at all.  Neither have I read any of April's parents for not searching.     But then - their name isn't McCann is it.    Says it all really.

Just another stick to beat the McCanns with IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #1707 on: June 04, 2016, 10:25:38 AM »

BTW, This a fact, not goading.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1708 on: June 04, 2016, 10:36:30 AM »
Also:-
Sandy Davidson age 3 disappeared from the back garden of his grandparents home.   His mother Margaret told Lorraine Kelly in a TV doc.  that she couldn't physically take part in the search for her son because she was too afraid of what she might find.

I've never read a word of criticism of that mother for deciding not to search for her own child at all.  Neither have I read any of April's parents for not searching.     But then - their name isn't McCann is it.    Says it all really.

Just another stick to beat the McCanns with IMO.

When children disappear in the UK the police respond in a certain way. Searches are begun using police and volunteers. I have no doubt that at least one FLO is assigned to stay with the family in case anything is found. Basically, it's all in hand and the parents are organised, told what to do and supported.

In the McCann case their was no FLO. There was no information about what the police were doing. The parents thought no searches were taking place that night. The situation they were in was completely different.

In that case I would have expected the parents to search once the PJ left because they thought no-one else was.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #1709 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:10 AM »
When children disappear in the UK the police respond in a certain way. Searches are begun using police and volunteers. I have no doubt that at least one FLO is assigned to stay with the family in case anything is found. Basically, it's all in hand and the parents are organised, told what to do and supported.

In the McCann case their was no FLO. There was no information about what the police were doing. The parents thought no searches were taking place that night. The situation they were in was completely different.

In that case I would have expected the parents to search once the PJ left because they thought no-one else was.

IIRC  FL officers arrived on the 5th May?

Either one or both of the McCanns searched before the police arrived, after the police left and then again as soon as dawn broke - when they were seen by a GNR officer.

April Jones parents didn't search themselves.           -No criticism by sceptics
Sandy Davidsons mother didn't search herself        -  No criticism by sceptics
The McCanns did search themselves.                        - 9 years of unrelenting criticism by sceptics.

Bizarre logic  IMO.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal