Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411266 times)

stephen25000

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1710 on: June 04, 2016, 11:00:22 AM »
IIRC  FL officers arrived on the 5th May?

Either one or both of the McCanns searched before the police arrived, after the police left and then again as soon as dawn broke - when they were seen by a GNR officer.

April Jones parents didn't search themselves.           -No criticism by sceptics
Sandy Davidsons mother didn't search herself        -  No criticism by sceptics
The McCanns did search themselves.                        - 9 years of unrelenting criticism by sceptics.

Bizarre logic  IMO.

How could the police search before they arrived , after being notified of Madeleine's disappearance ?

How long did the police search for that night ?

For how many days , weeks and months did the police and others continues to search  ?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1711 on: June 04, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
How could the police search before they arrived , after being notified of Madeleine's disappearance ?

How long did the police search for that night ?

For how many days , weeks and months did the police and others continues to search  ?

You appear to have missed the point Stephen.      My post was not about searching carried out by the police.  It referred to the seaching (or lack of it) by the parents of missing chidren on discovering that their child had disappeared.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1712 on: June 04, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »
IIRC  FL officers arrived on the 5th May?

Either one or both of the McCanns searched before the police arrived, after the police left and then again as soon as dawn broke - when they were seen by a GNR officer.

April Jones parents didn't search themselves.           -No criticism by sceptics
Sandy Davidsons mother didn't search herself        -  No criticism by sceptics
The McCanns did search themselves.                        - 9 years of unrelenting criticism by sceptics.

Bizarre logic  IMO.

Not to mention being despicably ridiculed by the former chief investigator into the investigation into Madeleine's case  ...

Gerry McCann & his wife's cousin Michael Wright, May 9, 2007, credits Vasco Célio/AFP/Getty Images

GA: There are photos, taken in the rocks down bellow in the water, were we can see searching, certainly he was not searching for his live daughter…

HC: Are you referring to Maddie’s father?

GA: To Gerald McCann. Maddie’s father.

HC: He was walking around here, in the rocks bellow?

GA: Yes, there are pictures of that.

HC: But in that case, he would have to have the firm belief that the girl was dead.

GA: I do not believe that he was looking for crabs nor searching for a live daughter.
According to Moita Flores, it would be important to return to this area, I believe so, even because there are people who continue to say today that the body might be around here, and continue to give information about places. It should be looked, the police should make searches, they should reopen the process and resume the investigations. There is much to be done still.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1713 on: June 04, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
So, strolling around a beach.

stephen25000

« Reply #1714 on: June 04, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
You appear to have missed the point Stephen.      My post was not about searching carried out by the police.  It referred to the seaching (or lack of it) by the parents of missing chidren on discovering that their child had disappeared.

I have not missed your point Benice.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1715 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:35 AM »
So, strolling around a beach.

Heh, all this searching is hard work - it really takes it out of you, you know  8(8-))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1716 on: June 04, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »

BTW, This a fact, not goading.

Mens sana in corpore sano
definition, a sound mind in a sound body

Madeleine's siblings are entitled to as normal a life as possible despite her disappearance.  That requires parents in as good a state of health and well being as possible to be able to provide it for them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #1717 on: June 04, 2016, 11:39:58 AM »
Mens sana in corpore sano
definition, a sound mind in a sound body

Madeleine's siblings are entitled to as normal a life as possible despite her disappearance.  That requires parents in as good a state of health and well being as possible to be able to provide it for them.

Is that reply incorporating a well known Latin phrase supposed to impress me ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1718 on: June 04, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
So April's dad 'wanted' to search but had a very good reason why he couldn't . Can we say the same for Gerry ?

Gerry did search,  April's dad didn't go out at all,   not that I am saying anything against April's dad,  all parents are different,   April's mum was afraid of what she might find,   you must remember that these are parents who are deeply shocked and traumatised at finding their child missing,   some can't function at all.   The McCann's were with the police most of the night.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1719 on: June 04, 2016, 12:08:24 PM »
Is that reply incorporating a well known Latin phrase supposed to impress me ?

No I doubt it would Stephen,  as you are unable to imagine what it must be like to lose a child.   

stephen25000

« Reply #1720 on: June 04, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »
No I doubt it would Stephen,  as you are unable to imagine what it must be like to lose a child.

A classic mantra reply.

You or the mccanns do not have the moral high ground.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1721 on: June 04, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
Gerry did search,  April's dad didn't go out at all,   not that I am saying anything against April's dad,  all parents are different,   April's mum was afraid of what she might find,   you must remember that these are parents who are deeply shocked and traumatised at finding their child missing,   some can't function at all.   The McCann's were with the police most of the night.

But we know the McCanns did 'function' up to a point. Gerry took part in the construction of the timeline written on Madeleine's sticker book, they both were not only functioning enough to be able to call and text friends and family but also to organise the calls on their mobile phones, deleting the ones they felt served no purpose. Further if they felt unable to search that night, at a time you would imagine when  it would have been most useful, what had changed by the morning when they did search for a short time ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1722 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:53 PM »
But we know the McCanns did 'function' up to a point. Gerry took part in the construction of the timeline written on Madeleine's sticker book, they both were not only functioning enough to be able to call and text friends and family but also to organise the calls on their mobile phones, deleting the ones they felt served no purpose. Further if they felt unable to search that night, at a time you would imagine when  it would have been most useful, what had changed by the morning when they did search for a short time ?

The McCann's were waiting for the police and then cooperating with the police,   then they lay down for a short time and then went searching.

They did search that night,  everywhere they had been on that holiday,  Madeleine wasn't found.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1723 on: June 04, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
A classic mantra reply.

You or the mccanns do not have the moral high ground.

What are you talking about now,   moral high ground?     I pointed out that judging by what you post you have no sympathy what so ever with parents who have lost a child,   you are so convinced that the McCann's are guilty that you won't even contemplate the fact that they did search for their daughter.  You think they should have been out there searching all week just as the volunteers were and the police,  when that is ridiculous and I don't know any other parent of a child that has gone missing who have done that.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1724 on: June 04, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
Not to mention being despicably ridiculed by the former chief investigator into the investigation into Madeleine's case  ...

Gerry McCann & his wife's cousin Michael Wright, May 9, 2007, credits Vasco Célio/AFP/Getty Images

GA: There are photos, taken in the rocks down bellow in the water, were we can see searching, certainly he was not searching for his live daughter…

HC: Are you referring to Maddie’s father?

GA: To Gerald McCann. Maddie’s father.

HC: He was walking around here, in the rocks bellow?

GA: Yes, there are pictures of that.

HC: But in that case, he would have to have the firm belief that the girl was dead.

GA: I do not believe that he was looking for crabs nor searching for a live daughter.
According to Moita Flores, it would be important to return to this area, I believe so, even because there are people who continue to say today that the body might be around here, and continue to give information about places. It should be looked, the police should make searches, they should reopen the process and resume the investigations. There is much to be done still.

I remember those comments from Amaral,   when he knew that they said it was unlikely that Madeleine could have been disposed of in the sea as it was low tide and they would have had to walk out to the sea to do that and even then her body would have been washed ashore.   Also it was proven that they couldn't have thrown Madeleine's body from a cliff either as it was said it would have been impossible for the body to have reached the sea they wouldn't have had the strength needed to do it.   Amaral just makes these comments without any thought of how they would have been accomplished,   and makes a casual walk on the beach by Gerry probably to have some quiet time away from everything look suspicious.