Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411066 times)

stephen25000

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1725 on: June 04, 2016, 02:55:23 PM »
What are you talking about now,   moral high ground?     I pointed out that judging by what you post you have no sympathy what so ever with parents who have lost a child,   you are so convinced that the McCann's are guilty that you won't even contemplate the fact that they did search for their daughter.  You think they should have been out there searching all week just as the volunteers were and the police,  when that is ridiculous and I don't know any other parent of a child that has gone missing who have done that.

How do you know who I have sympathy for, or otherwise ?

I have sympathy for Madeleine, not the mccanns.

They brought this on themselves.

and they have played the poor me act for far too long., and that doesn't wash anymore.

If it had been me, I would have been out searching and NOT MAKING EXCUSES for not doing so.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1726 on: June 04, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »
How do you know who I have sympathy for, or otherwise ?

I have sympathy for Madeleine, not the mccanns.

They brought this on themselves.

and they have played the poor me act for far too long., and that doesn't wash anymore.

If it had been me, I would have been out searching and NOT MAKING EXCUSES for not doing so.

'Poor me act'   that is what you call parents grieving for their lost child?   I bet you wouldn't say that to any of the parents of children who are missing would you?

'They brought it on themselves'   yes,  something people really jump to say to these parents,   April Jones mother was on the verge of suicide because of spiteful taunts like that.

'If it had been me, I would have been out .........'   yeah yeah of course you would,  people really think they know what they would do if something like this happened to them,  but in reality they don't.   It made much better sense for the McCann's to be there for the police when they arrived instead of tearing around wildly in a foreign country.   It is what parents are advised to do.   

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1727 on: June 04, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
A press photo shoot not a search. They really look devastated. Beach is deserted - imagine what it's like at night &%+((£

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:07:55 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1728 on: June 04, 2016, 03:18:03 PM »
What are you talking about now,   moral high ground?     I pointed out that judging by what you post you have no sympathy what so ever with parents who have lost a child,   you are so convinced that the McCann's are guilty that you won't even contemplate the fact that they did search for their daughter.  You think they should have been out there searching all week just as the volunteers were and the police,  when that is ridiculous and I don't know any other parent of a child that has gone missing who have done that.

What did they do all week?

Friday;

PJ interviews all day.

Saturday;

Early meeting with trauma counsellor. Met UK FLO's. Gerry went to Tapas are at lunchtime. Met with Alex Woolfall.  Greeted 5 more relatives. Another media statement at sunset. Met Father Pacheco in the evening.

Sunday;

Everyone [family and friends] went to Mass. 2 more friends arrive. Told excess relatives to go home, leaving only Trishia, Sandy, Michael and Nicky.

Monday;

Meeting with Alex Woolfall and Andy Bowes. Family and friends joined the search around Luz, apart from their parents and Nora who walked down to the beach cafe. No-one to collect the twins at lunchtime, Kate and Gerry had to leave a meeting to do it. Got people back from search to care for twins. BBC appeal recorded by Kate. Father 'Ze' and 20 locals came at teatime to pray. Lost it with the FLO's later because they had no interpreter.

Tuesday;

Family and friends left. Kate went to beach with Fiona. Cherie Blair phoned her. Gerry had his 'vision' during prayer at the church [they had the keys by now].

Wednesday;

Galvanised by his 'vision' Gerry spends the day phoning people with a 'call to arms'. Kate went to church.

The British Ambassador and Consul visited most days, as did the FLO's.

[Mostly taken from Kate's book.]

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1729 on: June 04, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »
Does anyone think the McCanns didn't search because they knew what had happened to Maddie and knew she could not be found

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1730 on: June 04, 2016, 04:07:51 PM »
What did they do all week?

Friday;

PJ interviews all day.

Saturday;

Early meeting with trauma counsellor. Met UK FLO's. Gerry went to Tapas are at lunchtime. Met with Alex Woolfall.  Greeted 5 more relatives. Another media statement at sunset. Met Father Pacheco in the evening.

Sunday;

Everyone [family and friends] went to Mass. 2 more friends arrive. Told excess relatives to go home, leaving only Trishia, Sandy, Michael and Nicky.

Monday;

Meeting with Alex Woolfall and Andy Bowes. Family and friends joined the search around Luz, apart from their parents and Nora who walked down to the beach cafe. No-one to collect the twins at lunchtime, Kate and Gerry had to leave a meeting to do it. Got people back from search to care for twins. BBC appeal recorded by Kate. Father 'Ze' and 20 locals came at teatime to pray. Lost it with the FLO's later because they had no interpreter.

Tuesday;

Family and friends left. Kate went to beach with Fiona. Cherie Blair phoned her. Gerry had his 'vision' during prayer at the church [they had the keys by now].

Wednesday;

Galvanised by his 'vision' Gerry spends the day phoning people with a 'call to arms'. Kate went to church.

The British Ambassador and Consul visited most days, as did the FLO's.

[Mostly taken from Kate's book.]

From Jez Wilkin's statement :

'I last saw JERRY and KATE on SATURDAY 5th MAY 2007 at about 4 pm - 5 pm. We were sitting by the pool. I walked over to JERRY and wanted to let him know I was thinking about him. I shook his hand. He was quiet but wasn't crying. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. '

So a spot of sunbathing instead of searching on the Saturday following Madeleine's disappearance and something I've always found odd, no last minute questions to Jez to see if he's remembered anything.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1731 on: June 04, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »

'I last saw JERRY and KATE on SATURDAY 5th MAY 2007 at about 4 pm - 5 pm. We were sitting by the pool. I walked over to JERRY and wanted to let him know I was thinking about him. I shook his hand. He was quiet but wasn't crying. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. '

So a spot of sunbathing instead of searching on the Saturday following Madeleine's disappearance and something I've always found odd, no last minute questions to Jez to see if he's remembered anything.

strange isn't it....I don't find it all odd they were sitting around the pool

Alfie

« Reply #1732 on: June 04, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »

You (who are not involved in any way) find this odd, but Jez (who was there and wtnessed events himself) thought it brave.  That says it all to me.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1733 on: June 04, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
You (who are not involved in any way) find this odd, but Jez (who was there and wtnessed events himself) thought it brave.  That says it all to me.
what an excellent observation

Alfie

« Reply #1734 on: June 04, 2016, 05:26:35 PM »
what an excellent observation
Note Jez says "we were sitting by the pool" (not Kate and Gery) but Faithlilly has chosen to interpret this as "Kate and Gerry were sunbathing by the pool".  It's a perfect example of a biased mind twisting words to suit the agenda.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1735 on: June 04, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
Note Jez says "we were sitting by the pool" (not Kate and Gery) but Faithlilly has chosen to interpret this as "Kate and Gerry were sunbathing by the pool".  It's a perfect example of a biased mind twisting words to suit the agenda.

Perhaps it's not a good idea to speed read Alfie.

'. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. '
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1736 on: June 04, 2016, 06:14:03 PM »

Not sure Jez commented on not being asked anything. He thought the McCanns being by the pool brave I believe.

Alfie

« Reply #1737 on: June 04, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »
Perhaps it's not a good idea to speed read Alfie.

'. I thought it was brave of him and his wife to go to the pool. '
I did read it in full and very carefully before I commented.  Does "go to the pool" mean they were sat there sunbathing?  Why does Jez call it brave rather than odd for them to have been at the pool, in your opinion?

Alfie

« Reply #1738 on: June 04, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
Not sure Jez commented on not being asked anything. He thought the McCanns being by the pool brave I believe.
By the way you missed out the next sentence from Jez's statement:

"I said 'Hello' to KATE. I didn't know what to say in that situation. She looked really upset"

Sunbathing is a relaxing activity - it doesn't sound to me very much like they were sunbathing so why did you choose to describe them as engaging in a spot of sunbathing? 

Alfie

« Reply #1739 on: June 04, 2016, 06:29:43 PM »
Another perspective on the afternoon Faithlilly has described as the McCanns indulging in a spot of sunbathing from Jez's partner:

"We had not seen the McCanns since Thursday, when suddenly they appeared by the pool. The surreal limbo of the past two days suddenly snapped back into painful, awful realtime. It was a shock: the physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening - I felt it as a physical blow. Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves in to the angular manifestation of a silent scream. I thought I might cry and turned so that she wouldn't see. Gerry was upright, his lips now drawn into a thin, impenetrable line. Some people, including Jes, tried to offer comfort. Some gave them hugs. Some stared at their feet, words eluding them. We all wondered what to do. That was the last time we saw Gerry and Kate".