Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411113 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1740 on: June 04, 2016, 06:31:34 PM »
posters should realise that the mccanns knew they were going to be in the limelight and it was important to have  a good tan

Alfie

« Reply #1741 on: June 04, 2016, 06:35:07 PM »
posters should realise that the mccanns knew they were going to be in the limelight and it was important to have  a good tan
LOL.

But seriously, we should be grateful to Faithlilly for providing us with a great example of biased spinning of the facts to suit the McCann-bashing agenda. 

stephen25000

« Reply #1742 on: June 04, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »
Another perspective on the afternoon Faithlilly has described as the McCanns indulging in a spot of sunbathing from Jez's partner:

"We had not seen the McCanns since Thursday, when suddenly they appeared by the pool. The surreal limbo of the past two days suddenly snapped back into painful, awful realtime. It was a shock: the physical transformation of these two human beings was sickening - I felt it as a physical blow. Kate's back and shoulders, her hands, her mouth had reshaped themselves in to the angular manifestation of a silent scream. I thought I might cry and turned so that she wouldn't see. Gerry was upright, his lips now drawn into a thin, impenetrable line. Some people, including Jes, tried to offer comfort. Some gave them hugs. Some stared at their feet, words eluding them. We all wondered what to do. That was the last time we saw Gerry and Kate".

They sounds like words from a novel.

Hardly day to day conversational talk, too descriptive.

It sounds orchestrated.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1743 on: June 04, 2016, 06:53:42 PM »

I have recently heard that one of the group who flew out was Kate's personal hairdresser....PAID FOR BY THE FUND..

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:07:36 PM by Eleanor »

Alfie

« Reply #1744 on: June 04, 2016, 07:00:32 PM »

They sounds like words from a novel.

Hardly day to day conversational talk, too descriptive.

It sounds orchestrated.
Why should it sound like "conversational talk"?  It was an article she wrote for the Guardian.  What are you suggesting by the word "orchestrated"?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1745 on: June 04, 2016, 11:04:25 PM »

I have recently heard that one of the group who flew out was Kate's personal hairdresser....PAID FOR BY THE FUND..

Give us a clue, are you being serious or s factious?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1746 on: June 04, 2016, 11:54:59 PM »
I did read it in full and very carefully before I commented.  Does "go to the pool" mean they were sat there sunbathing?  Why does Jez call it brave rather than odd for them to have been at the pool, in your opinion?

I have no idea. Perhaps he said it ironically ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1747 on: June 05, 2016, 12:01:07 AM »
By the way you missed out the next sentence from Jez's statement:

"I said 'Hello' to KATE. I didn't know what to say in that situation. She looked really upset"

Sunbathing is a relaxing activity - it doesn't sound to me very much like they were sunbathing so why did you choose to describe them as engaging in a spot of sunbathing?

So back on topic. Whether sunbathing or simply sitting by the pool THEY WERE NOT SEARCHING.

BTW Alfie why do you think Gerry didn't make one last effort to find out if Jez had remembered anything ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #1748 on: June 05, 2016, 12:06:03 AM »
So back on topic. Whether sunbathing or simply sitting by the pool THEY WERE NOT SEARCHING.

BTW Alfie why do you think Gerry didn't make one last effort to find out if Jez had remembered anything ?

I will never get my head round this, their three-year-old daughter disappears and they still find time for tennis and a jog? 

Jesus Christ, if my kid disappeared I would be down the police HQ every single day demanding action!

Do they exist in a parallel universe or what?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1749 on: June 05, 2016, 06:34:26 AM »

Especially since they had realised at lunchtime;

At lunchtime, over by the Tapas area, Gerry saw a crowd of departing guests waiting with their suitcases for the coach to take them to the airport. Among them was a guy with whom he had played tennis several times that week, accompanied by his wife and child. They still had another week of their holiday to go but had decided to return home because, as he explained to Gerry, it was just ‘too painful’ for them to stay any longer. Gerry felt sick. It was at this moment that it dawned on him just how many people would be leaving the resort that day
without being interviewed. It would run into the hundreds. How much potentially valuable information was going to be lost for ever as a result?
Madeleine Kate McCann

I wonder why everything is so complex? As far as I know the tennis courts were dominated by Mark Warner guests, just as the Tapas restaurant was. I can't find a Mark Warner guest who had booked for 14 nights, they all booked 7 nights. Have the Thomas Cook guests been left out of the files, but were there anyway, playing tennis and eating at the Tapas? The tennis coaches were Mark Warner employees, but were the courts open to all? Was the Tapas restaurant exclusively Mark Warner? They had 15-20 covers for dinner each night, were there covers reserved for Thomas Cook also?

However, Gerry knew by now of Jane Tanner's sighting so it is strange that, having had the above realisation at lunchtime, he neglected to ask JW later if he'd seen anything significant.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #1750 on: June 05, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »

The POLICE were searching,   fgs.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1751 on: June 05, 2016, 08:59:51 AM »
I will never get my head round this, their three-year-old daughter disappears and they still find time for tennis and a jog? 

Jesus Christ, if my kid disappeared I would be down the police HQ every single day demanding action!

It is called releasing tension,   just as someone would go for a walk,  clean the house,   they were waiting for news, it must have been horrendous just waiting and not knowing what was happening,   sitting and just thinking is not good.

Alfie

« Reply #1752 on: June 05, 2016, 09:20:32 AM »
I have no idea. Perhaps he said it ironically ?
I don't think so.  I see you have avoided referencing Bridget's article excerpt. 

Alfie

« Reply #1753 on: June 05, 2016, 09:24:27 AM »

They were neither sunbathing, nor sitting by the pool.  You were not there so I prefer to rely on the testimony of those who were.  I have no idea what words passed between the two men in the time that elapsed between Madeleine disappearing and them saying goodbye at the pool and neither do you.  Neither man has made any attempt to record for public posterity every word they spoke to each other, and why should they have? 

Alfie

« Reply #1754 on: June 05, 2016, 09:26:13 AM »

What sort of action should they have been demanding that they weren't supposedly getting in your view then?