Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411299 times)

Alfie

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1770 on: June 05, 2016, 12:27:44 PM »
So what do you think the McCanns were doing 'by the pool' Alfie ?
According to Bridget (whose words you seem happy to disregard) they suddenly appeared by the pool which suggests to me that they were on foot, perhaps en route from a to b.  I don't think they were lounging about relaxing and topping up their tan as you have mischievously suggested.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:39:42 PM by Alfie »

Alfie

« Reply #1771 on: June 05, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »
Did I say Bridget's article was at variance with the truth ? I don't think I did.
Do I think Bridget's article should be disregarded ? That's for you to decide. I don't however think it adds anything to our knowledge.
Good - so you aren't saying that Bridget's article is at variance with the truth, therefore we can assume it represents the truth as she saw it, personally I think the article adds to our knowledge of the mood in the resort in the aftermath of the disappearance and the anguish felt by the parents and those attempting to comfort them.  It is a poignant insight into a tragic event, so I beg to differ with you that it adds nothing.  It only adds nothing as far as you're concerned because the message is not one of suspicion, reproach, or censure.

Alfie

« Reply #1772 on: June 05, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »
A question for all - if you thought your child had been stolen in the night by a stranger in a foreign holiday resort where would you still be searching 12 - 24 hours later?

Offline Lace

« Reply #1773 on: June 05, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
So what do you think the McCanns were doing 'by the pool' Alfie ?

Maybe one of the relatives said 'lets get out of the apartment for a bit'   maybe the twins wanted to go in the play area,   or maybe they just decided they wanted a change of scenery.   So what?   In your mind unless they are stuck inside pacing up and down weeping and wailing or tearing around the streets of Portugal they are not behaving as parents of a missing child.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1774 on: June 05, 2016, 02:13:48 PM »
Good - so you aren't saying that Bridget's article is at variance with the truth, therefore we can assume it represents the truth as she saw it, personally I think the article adds to our knowledge of the mood in the resort in the aftermath of the disappearance and the anguish felt by the parents and those attempting to comfort them.  It is a poignant insight into a tragic event, so I beg to differ with you that it adds nothing.  It only adds nothing as far as you're concerned because the message is not one of suspicion, reproach, or censure.

I'm sure the article did represent the truth as she saw it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1775 on: June 05, 2016, 02:32:31 PM »
A question for all - if you thought your child had been stolen in the night by a stranger in a foreign holiday resort where would you still be searching 12 - 24 hours later?

I would be searching every day the places like they did in the dark all alone. One search together which is Important!

The break in constant phone activity:

4:55 to 6:02 AM 4 May
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Alfie

« Reply #1776 on: June 05, 2016, 03:02:44 PM »
I would be searching every day the places like they did in the dark all alone. One search together which is Important!

The break in constant phone activity:

4:55 to 6:02 AM 4 May
Could you be a bit more specific?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1777 on: June 05, 2016, 04:17:09 PM »
According to Bridget (whose words you seem happy to disregard) they suddenly appeared by the pool which suggests to me that they were on foot, perhaps en route from a to b.  I don't think they were lounging about relaxing and topping up their tan as you have mischievously suggested.

It is interesting actually. Apparently Mark Warner broke with tradition and opened the childcare facilities on the Saturday especially for the group's children, so I expect they were there to collect the twins.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #1778 on: June 05, 2016, 07:10:50 PM »
Especially since they had realised at lunchtime;

At lunchtime, over by the Tapas area, Gerry saw a crowd of departing guests waiting with their suitcases for the coach to take them to the airport. Among them was a guy with whom he had played tennis several times that week, accompanied by his wife and child. They still had another week of their holiday to go but had decided to return home because, as he explained to Gerry, it was just ‘too painful’ for them to stay any longer. Gerry felt sick. It was at this moment that it dawned on him just how many people would be leaving the resort that day
without being interviewed. It would run into the hundreds. How much potentially valuable information was going to be lost for ever as a result?
Madeleine Kate McCann

I wonder why everything is so complex? As far as I know the tennis courts were dominated by Mark Warner guests, just as the Tapas restaurant was. I can't find a Mark Warner guest who had booked for 14 nights, they all booked 7 nights. Have the Thomas Cook guests been left out of the files, but were there anyway, playing tennis and eating at the Tapas? The tennis coaches were Mark Warner employees, but were the courts open to all? Was the Tapas restaurant exclusively Mark Warner? They had 15-20 covers for dinner each night, were there covers reserved for Thomas Cook also?

However, Gerry knew by now of Jane Tanner's sighting so it is strange that, having had the above realisation at lunchtime, he neglected to ask JW later if he'd seen anything significant.

It would have been even more strange  IMO  if Jez had recalled something which he thought might be significant  - if he then neglected to tell Gerry about it asap.      Surely he would have already imparted any such info to him as a matter of urgency.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline mercury

« Reply #1779 on: June 05, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
What would you like me to say ? It's a piece of fluff by a journalist who was probably paid a pretty penny for it. Now if you had cited Bridget's official statement we may have something to discuss.

I reckon BO wrote or heavily edited Madeleine the book..JMO

Alfie

« Reply #1780 on: June 05, 2016, 10:33:02 PM »
I reckon BO wrote or heavily edited Madeleine the book..JMO
Based on any evidence or simply guessing?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1781 on: June 05, 2016, 10:36:14 PM »
Based on any evidence or simply guessing?

JMO on reading her Guardian? piece and vast chunks of the book there is a literary simlarity, you can call it guessing, matters not, was just musing,forget about it

8((()*/

Offline mercury

« Reply #1782 on: June 06, 2016, 12:13:36 AM »
So after all this did KM go out searching as soon as she had seen MM not there? And after calling for her/searching in the house?

Is there any evidence?

And why did she leave her other two kids alone? After she thought MM was abducted?

That is a massive red flag to me

Alfie

« Reply #1783 on: June 06, 2016, 08:07:46 AM »
So after all this did KM go out searching as soon as she had seen MM not there? And after calling for her/searching in the house?

Is there any evidence?

And why did she leave her other two kids alone? After she thought MM was abducted?

That is a massive red flag to me
what does this "massive red flag" signal to you?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1784 on: June 06, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
what does this "massive red flag" signal to you?

Apparently -  if Kate didn't react to every parents worst nightmare  in exactly the same way they think they would have reacted - then there is something 'sinister' afoot.

It would seem none of them would have panicked -  instead they would have calmly thought things through logically and then having assessed the situation  - acted accordingly -  in the best interests of all concerned.

(Pausing to watch a squadron of pigs flying past my window).

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal