Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411092 times)

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1785 on: June 06, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »
A question for all - if you thought your child had been stolen in the night by a stranger in a foreign holiday resort where would you still be searching 12 - 24 hours later?

Indeed why search at all if you 'knew right away' that your daughter was taken? Why not phone the police right away if you knew right away your daughter was taken? AND if you are so convinced, as kate said she was, that her daughter could NOT get out of that apartment ( even though a door was left unlocked), did she bother to check other rooms etc before raising the alarm.?  hmmm yeah it's a difficult one to get ones head round- no wonder there was so much confusion!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Lace

« Reply #1786 on: June 06, 2016, 02:22:04 PM »
Indeed why search at all if you 'knew right away' that your daughter was taken? Why not phone the police right away if you knew right away your daughter was taken? AND if you are so convinced, as kate said she was, that her daughter could NOT get out of that apartment ( even though a door was left unlocked), did she bother to check other rooms etc before raising the alarm.?  hmmm yeah it's a difficult one to get ones head round- no wonder there was so much confusion!

Yes Kate did check the other rooms before raising the alarm,  have you read her statement,  she searched the apartment then it was searched again after she raised the alarm.    They searched in case she had wandered out even if you believe your child has been abducted you still search the surrounding area just in case.   The abductor could have dumped her near by dead or alive couldn't he?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1787 on: June 06, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »
Yes Kate did check the other rooms before raising the alarm,  have you read her statement,  she searched the apartment then it was searched again after she raised the alarm.    They searched in case she had wandered out even if you believe your child has been abducted you still search the surrounding area just in case.   The abductor could have dumped her near by dead or alive couldn't he?

Yet she never checked whether Jane had taken her to her apartment.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #1788 on: June 06, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »
Yet she never checked whether Jane had taken her to her apartment.
What thought process would have led her to the conclusion that JT had her?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1789 on: June 06, 2016, 03:03:15 PM »
What thought process would have led her to the conclusion that JT had her?

I would have though that as a mother of a newly missing child you would clutch at any straw, no matter how fragile, before you had to accept the inevitable.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1790 on: June 06, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »
I would have though that as a mother of a newly missing child you would clutch at any straw, no matter how fragile, before you had to accept the inevitable.

It's a good thought, actually. Jane knew that the patio door was open and that the children had cried the previous evening because Kate told her. Kate knew that Jane was at the apartments so it's not such a mental leap to wonder if Jane heard crying and went in to get Madeleine.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #1791 on: June 06, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »
I would have thought in such a scenario your ability to think rationally might at least temporarily abandon you - but what do you and I know about it ? By the time Kate had "accepted the inevitable" wasn't JT or her other with her anyway?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1792 on: June 06, 2016, 03:34:58 PM »
I would have thought in such a scenario your ability to think rationally might at least temporarily abandon you - but what do you and I know about it ? By the time Kate had "accepted the inevitable" wasn't JT or her other with her anyway?

Haven't we all lost a child, even for a few minutes ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1793 on: June 06, 2016, 04:03:30 PM »
Can anyone produce a cite in relation to another missing child case anywhere in the world where the mother and father have been excoriated as the McCanns have been for 'not searching' while there was an ongoing full scale police search in progress for the child?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1794 on: June 06, 2016, 05:14:24 PM »
Can anyone produce a cite in relation to another missing child case anywhere in the world where the mother and father have been excoriated as the McCanns have been for 'not searching' while there was an ongoing full scale police search in progress for the child?

It was just one of the many things that annoyed people.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

« Reply #1795 on: June 06, 2016, 05:45:39 PM »
Haven't we all lost a child, even for a few minutes ?
No, only neglectful parents lose their children.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1796 on: June 06, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »
what does this "massive red flag" signal to you?

It is a red flag for at least three reasons, what it signals is anyones guess, isnt it? I personally find it bizarre. Presumably you find it perfectly understandable logical responsible totally descrptive of the parental instinct on discovery and normal. YOure entitled to your apologist opinion.

Alfie

« Reply #1797 on: June 06, 2016, 10:58:28 PM »
It is a red flag for at least three reasons, what it signals is anyones guess, isnt it? I personally find it bizarre. Presumably you find it perfectly understandable logical responsible totally descrptive of the parental instinct on discovery and normal. YOure entitled to your apologist opinion.
Please don't refer to me as an apologist, I find it inaccurate and offensive, many thanks.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1798 on: June 06, 2016, 11:08:21 PM »
Please don't refer to me as an apologist, I find it inaccurate and offensive, many thanks.

apologist
əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.

Pretty much accurate,truth shouldnt offend, should it? After all youre only asking questions and getting your answers. LIking or not liking them doesnt come into it much.

Ps Id say enjoy derailing for the rest of the evening along with davel but i think his trap has been thankfully shut for abit, oooer, poor davel, tomorrows another day for goading derailing sarcasm and abuse, after all he said the forum would be boring without it and you make a fine pair on that score
, tara

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:13:10 PM by mercury »

Alfie

« Reply #1799 on: June 06, 2016, 11:16:44 PM »
apologist
əˈpɒlədʒɪst/
noun
a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.

Pretty much accurate,truth shouldnt offend, should it? After all youre only asking questions and getting your answers. LIking or not liking them doesnt come into it much.

Ps Id say enjoy derailing for the rest of the evening along with davel but i think his trap has been thankfully shut for abit, oooer, poor davel, tomorrows another day for goading derailing sarcasm and abuse, after all he said the forum would be boring without it and you make a fine pair on that score
, tara
Another completely unwarranted personal attack.  Out of interest have I ever been as rude to you as you constantly are towards me?