Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411073 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1815 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
How much time elapsed between Kate searching the apartment and realising Madeleine was missing and her being in the company of Russell and/ or Jane?  What possible reason could JT have had for removing Madeleine from her bedroom and taking her to her own apartment without informing her parents first?  Is that the kind of thing you would do?

Read my post Alfie. I don't mention Jane taking Madeleine from the apartment.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1816 on: June 07, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »

She would have known that Jane Tanner would not have exited the apartment via the open window. 

Once she had looked out of the window and checked that Madeleine was neither outside nor was she in the apartment the logical and most efficient approach to finding her was to raise the alarm as quickly as possible and have as many people as possible mobilised to look for her in the immediate vicinity.

That is what she did.

Logical and most efficient approach would be as you describe I agree but haven't supporters spent the last nine plus years telling us that Kate was traumatised and not thinking either logically or rationally? You really can't have it both ways.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Alfie

« Reply #1817 on: June 07, 2016, 11:35:29 AM »
Read my post Alfie. I don't mention Jane taking Madeleine from the apartment.
Did you not write this earlier on the thread?

Yet she never checked whether Jane had taken her to her apartment.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1818 on: June 07, 2016, 11:42:21 AM »

I did indeed but that was not the post you were replying to. Now can you tell me why it would be impossible for Madeleine to leave the apartment, through the open patio door, to find her parents by going to their friend's apartments ?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #1819 on: June 07, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

Did you not see the difference between the two statements.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

« Reply #1820 on: June 07, 2016, 12:45:16 PM »
I did indeed but that was not the post you were replying to. Now can you tell me why it would be impossible for Madeleine to leave the apartment, through the open patio door, to find her parents by going to their friend's apartments ?
Nothing is impossible, it is about what is likely.  It is unlikely that Madeleine would have left the apartment on her own, certainly Kate is adamant that her own daughter (who let's face it, she knew better than you) would not have done so, so why  you think it should have occurred to her that she was with JT I really don't understand.  Well, actually yes I do - it's yet another means of criticising this woman who you clearly don't feel has received nearly enough close examination and criticising. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1821 on: June 07, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
Nothing is impossible, it is about what is likely.  It is unlikely that Madeleine would have left the apartment on her own, certainly Kate is adamant that her own daughter (who let's face it, she knew better than you) would not have done so, so why  you think it should have occurred to her that she was with JT I really don't understand.  Well, actually yes I do - it's yet another means of criticising this woman who you clearly don't feel has received nearly enough close examination and criticising.

Kate to Fiona 3rd May;

whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up',
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1822 on: June 07, 2016, 01:37:12 PM »
Logical and most efficient approach would be as you describe I agree but haven't supporters spent the last nine plus years telling us that Kate was traumatised and not thinking either logically or rationally? You really can't have it both ways.

She is an intelligent woman.

She is also a trained medic. 

In my opinion immediately she had ascertained Madeleine was not to be found in the apartment her immediate instinct would be to get to Madeleine's father and to get assistance.

Are you suggesting that in the circumstances of believing someone had entered the apartment via the window and kidnapped her elder daughter that she was not traumatised, distraught and beside herself with grief and hysteria?

She got almost immediate assistance ~ logically and efficiently ~ which fitted exactly with her instinct and training whether she was at the time thinking rationally or not.

The priority was to get assistance to search for Madeleine and that is exactly what she did whether on auto pilot or as a rational thought process is neither here nor there.  Her panic and distress cannot be estimated or underestimated or known to any who have not been in a similar situation but neither is that here nor there.

She did what she had to do ... she raised the alarm and started the search process ... so I am afraid you are very wrong ... I do have it both ways.
In my opinion you seem unable to see the wood for the trees.  Perhaps it is your understanding of the logic and capability of actions taken while suffering extreme trauma that might be missing something.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfie

« Reply #1823 on: June 07, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »
Kate to Fiona 3rd May;

whether they were okay leaving the, the doors unlocked, because she was saying 'Is it better that if Madeleine wakes up she can get out and find us or', erm, 'or locking it and, you know, finding that we're not there and the door's locked if she woke up',
OK, so in Kate's shoes you would think "Madeleine has obviously left the apartment of her own accord and gone to Jane Tanner's?"  Why would she think that?  Why that apartment?  Madeleine didn't know Jane was there did she?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1825 on: June 07, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
Then, there's this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared

Really very shocking indeed that Mr and Mrs Moyes who are referred to in this article were not interviewed until 2013 when Scotland Yard reopened Madeleine's case.
They were out and about at the relevant time.
They were on their balcony at the relevant time.
They were on the top floor of Block 5.
They helped in the search.
Yet no-one interviewed them in 2007!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1826 on: June 07, 2016, 02:21:24 PM »
OK, so in Kate's shoes you would think "Madeleine has obviously left the apartment of her own accord and gone to Jane Tanner's?"  Why would she think that?  Why that apartment?  Madeleine didn't know Jane was there did she?

I was actually replying to your post saying that Kate knew her own daughter so if she said Madeleine wouldn't leave the apartment we should believe her. Clearly she changed her mind later about the possibility of Madeleine 'wandering'.

If the door was open so Madeleine could get out she could have gone anywhere.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #1827 on: June 07, 2016, 02:52:06 PM »
I was actually replying to your post saying that Kate knew her own daughter so if she said Madeleine wouldn't leave the apartment we should believe her. Clearly she changed her mind later about the possibility of Madeleine 'wandering'.

If the door was open so Madeleine could get out she could have gone anywhere.
I acknowledged that by starting my post with the word OK, then I went on to ask you follow up questions which you have chosen not to answer.  Thanks for that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1828 on: June 07, 2016, 03:07:28 PM »
Kate to Fiona 3rd May;

thanks G. I was just going to look for that.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1829 on: June 07, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »

She may have tried other doors but Jane was the only one at home.