Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411456 times)

Alfie

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1830 on: June 07, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

She may have tried other doors but Jane was the only one at home.
As a stick to beat Kate with, it's a very flimsy one I have to say.  But keep on thrashing away if you feel it important to do so.

Offline misty

« Reply #1831 on: June 07, 2016, 05:33:54 PM »
On 16 May 2007 (the day the Madeleine Fund was launched), the father and a priest were desperately searching an area of Praia Da Luz exactly 2808 square feet in size.

Well, it was one of the last areas she was photographed in. Perhaps a stray tennis ball would have led them to a secret entrance of an underground tunnel.

Offline Lace

« Reply #1832 on: June 07, 2016, 05:59:12 PM »
Then, there's this.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared

Don't know what to make of that,   Mrs. Fenn said in her statement she heard crying on the 1st of May the Tuesday not the 2nd of May the Wednesday.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1833 on: June 07, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »
As a stick to beat Kate with, it's a very flimsy one I have to say.  But keep on thrashing away if you feel it important to do so.

Ah the 'Kate is a victim' ploy to stymie debate. Your nothing if not predictable Alfie.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfie

« Reply #1834 on: June 07, 2016, 06:10:39 PM »
Ah the 'Kate is a victim' ploy to stymie debate. Your nothing if not predictable Alfie.
Kate IS a victim, of your sly innuendo and faulty logic.  But as I said in my post before, do carry on thrashing away if it pleases you, which it obviously does.

stephen25000

« Reply #1835 on: June 07, 2016, 06:21:10 PM »
Kate IS a victim, of your sly innuendo and faulty logic.  But as I said in my post before, do carry on thrashing away if it pleases you, which it obviously does.

Incorrect, yet again.

Kate is a 'victim' , as is her husband , of their own actions.

Madeleine is the victim.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:38:42 PM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1836 on: June 07, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »

Faulty logic? Perhaps you'd like to point out where I've displayed faulty logic?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #1837 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:55 PM »
Faulty logic? Perhaps you'd like to point out where I've displayed faulty logic?

kate is a  victim of her own doing imo

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1838 on: June 07, 2016, 11:28:25 PM »
Well, it was one of the last areas she was photographed in. Perhaps a stray tennis ball would have led them to a secret entrance of an underground tunnel.
Yes, less than 2 weeks after losing a chlld, the father was meticulously searching the tennis court.

"Wednesday 16th May, ... Gerry played tennis with Seddo, David, and the MW tennis coach. There was no way I could have done this" 
(Source: KM book)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:34:40 PM by pegasus »

Alfie

« Reply #1839 on: June 07, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »
For a start you have assumed that a frantic mother on discovering her child missing would consider it quite likely that another mother had removed said child for her bedroom without first informing the child's parents that she had done so.  You have not thought through why anyone responsible would take an upset child back to their own apartment or allow said child to come and stay in their own apartment rather than take her straight back to the child's parents.  You have then used this illogical argument as a reason to berate Kate for not doing something which clearly makes little sense in the first place.  There is no logical reason for Kate to have immediatelythought that Madeleine might be at Jane's apartment.  No mother  (knowing how anxious a parent doing a check on their children and finding one missing would be) would fail to immediately inform that parent of the child's movements. 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1840 on: June 07, 2016, 11:59:26 PM »
Is it physically possible at 11.15pm the apparently missing child was still in the apartment?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:01:53 AM by pegasus »

Offline misty

« Reply #1841 on: June 08, 2016, 12:03:44 AM »
Is it physically possible at 11.15pm the apparently missing child was still in the apartment?

Of course it's possible (although highly improbable) but then you have the conundrum of who removed her, undetected, under everyone's noses?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1842 on: June 08, 2016, 12:14:36 AM »
Of course it's possible (although highly improbable) but then you have the conundrum of who removed her, undetected, under everyone's noses?
There are plenty of other cases where, more than an hour into the search, an apparently missing person was still inside the property.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:24:44 AM by pegasus »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1843 on: June 08, 2016, 12:21:33 AM »
For a start you have assumed that a frantic mother on discovering her child missing would consider it quite likely that another mother had removed said child for her bedroom without first informing the child's parents that she had done so.  You have not thought through why anyone responsible would take an upset child back to their own apartment or allow said child to come and stay in their own apartment rather than take her straight back to the child's parents.  You have then used this illogical argument as a reason to berate Kate for not doing something which clearly makes little sense in the first place.  There is no logical reason for Kate to have immediatelythought that Madeleine might be at Jane's apartment.  No mother  (knowing how anxious a parent doing a check on their children and finding one missing would be) would fail to immediately inform that parent of the child's movements.

All nonsense of course. A mother finding her child missing would clutch at any straw she could until she was forced to accept the inevitable.

If she had left the apartment Madeleine may just have arrived at Jane's apartment and Jane may have been in the process of taking her to her parents, after perhaps comforting her if she was upset. At that point Kate  wouldn't have been able to rule that out until she had seen Jane

Offline misty

« Reply #1844 on: June 08, 2016, 12:24:08 AM »
There are plenty of other cases where more than an hour into the search an apparently missing child was still inside the residence.

Yes, we are aware of that from case precedents.
If it is difficult to explain how a child disappeared without trace from an unguarded apartment, it is even more difficult to explain how she disappeared from a guarded apartment.