Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411384 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1845 on: June 08, 2016, 12:28:18 AM »
Yes, we are aware of that from case precedents.
If it is difficult to explain how a child disappeared without trace from an unguarded apartment, it is even more difficult to explain how she disappeared from a guarded apartment.
Yes but you are jumping ahead Misty.

Offline misty

« Reply #1846 on: June 08, 2016, 12:34:58 AM »
Yes but you are jumping ahead Misty.

So should I be pausing at the point KM returned to the Tapas, or when, exactly, please? Guarded or unguarded?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1847 on: June 08, 2016, 12:39:37 AM »
Yes, we are aware of that from case precedents.
If it is difficult to explain how a child disappeared without trace from an unguarded apartment, it is even more difficult to explain how she disappeared from a guarded apartment.

This is a good point but I believe Pegasus has not reached that far in his/her analysis

Offline mercury

« Reply #1848 on: June 08, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »
All nonsense of course. A mother finding her child missing would clutch at any straw she could until she was forced to accept the inevitable.

100% correct especially seeing as they thought it was so safe

When your child is not where it should be abduction is not the first thing You are SURE of even though it might be in the back of  your mind especially NOT if youve left the place open in case your child woke and was ABLE to come find you...ad to the shutters..well, that could easily be embellishment

Offline misty

« Reply #1849 on: June 08, 2016, 12:49:59 AM »
100% correct especially seeing as they thought it was so safe

When your child is not where it should be abduction is not the first thing You are SURE of even though it might be in the back of  your mind especially NOT if youve left the place open in case your child woke and was ABLE to come find you...ad to the shutters..well, that could easily be embellishment

How do you explain the fact that none of the other lights in the apartment had been turned on by a child merely seeking her parents (aside from the open window & shutter)?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1850 on: June 08, 2016, 12:58:52 AM »
So should I be pausing at the point KM returned to the Tapas, or when, exactly, please? Guarded or unguarded?
Partly guarded IMO Misty. For example when there were 3 GNR officers there, 2 of them went off searching by foot and by car (see GNR statements), so this left only one GNR officer outside the apartment, and how can one officer outside guard both the front door and the back door?

Offline misty

« Reply #1851 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:22 AM »
Partly guarded IMO Misty. For example when there were 3 GNR officers there, 2 of them went off searching by foot and by car (see GNR statements), so this left only one GNR officer outside the apartment, and how can one officer outside guard both the front door and the back door?

I would have hoped (although probably wishful thinking given all other failures) that the front door had been double-locked by that time & the lonesome officer was guarding the patio door.
The one major issue for me is - where was the front door key when KM returned to the apartment at 10pm? Was her failure to immediately go out front down to the fact that she couldn't get out the door because it was double-locked & GM had the key, in which case no way did Madeleine go out that door on her own.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:21:12 AM by misty »

Offline mercury

« Reply #1852 on: June 08, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »
How do you explain the fact that none of the other lights in the apartment had been turned on by a child merely seeking her parents (aside from the open window & shutter)?

I dont tend to worry about small details that probably dont matter

Offline mercury

« Reply #1853 on: June 08, 2016, 01:09:42 AM »
I would have hoped (although probably wishful thinking given all other failures) that the front door had been double-locked by that time & the lonesome officer was guarding the patio door.
The one major issue for me is - where was the front door key when KM returned to the apartment at 10pm? Was her failure to immediately go out front down to the fact that she couldn't get out the door because it was double-locked & GM had the key, in which case no way did Madeleine go out that door.

Nope, front door "was probably unlocked/was unlocked" per the mccannss police statements

Offline misty

« Reply #1854 on: June 08, 2016, 01:14:10 AM »
I dont tend to worry about small details that probably dont matter

Why don't the small details matter? A child who gets out of bed to use the toilet turns a light on. If that child is well-trained, she will probably turn the light and return to her darkened room without calling for her parents.
If a child wakes under normal circumstances & leaves her bed, can't find her parents in the darkened rooms, do you not believe she would have turned on additional lighting?
It's like not putting on your shoes to walk on those cobbled pavements.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1855 on: June 08, 2016, 01:20:57 AM »
Why don't the small details matter? A child who gets out of bed to use the toilet turns a light on. If that child is well-trained, she will probably turn the light and return to her darkened room without calling for her parents.
If a child wakes under normal circumstances & leaves her bed, can't find her parents in the darkened rooms, do you not believe she would have turned on additional lighting?
It's like not putting on your shoes to walk on those cobbled pavements.

Shall agree to disagree, if there is sufficient lighting whch there was  that will do for a 3 year old, they wlll escape or go to the loo no problem

Small details

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1856 on: June 08, 2016, 01:31:41 AM »
I would have hoped (although probably wishful thinking given all other failures) that the front door had been double-locked by that time & the lonesome officer was guarding the patio door. ... (snip)
With only 2 other officers at the scene the GNR commander made a good decision that he and one officer should search the area for the missing girl, leaving the other officer outside the apartment.
The other two children were still inside the children's bedroom at this stage.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1857 on: June 08, 2016, 01:37:45 AM »
Shall agree to disagree, if there is sufficient lighting whch there was  that will do for a 3 year old, they wlll escape or go to the loo no problem

Small details
There was already background light in the apartment from the small tablelamp in the lounge.
A child fleeing and hiding would not turn another light on.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1858 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:28 AM »
There was already background light in the apartment from the small tablelamp in the lounge.
A child fleeing and hiding would not turn another light on.

Thats what  i just said lol besides a chld intent in getting out probably could lights or no lights, young children can do all sorts of things, they dont need to turn the light on first like an oap lol

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1859 on: June 08, 2016, 01:52:10 AM »
Thats what  i just said lol besides a chld intent in getting out probably could lights or no lights, young children can do all sorts of things, they dont need to turn the light on first like an oap lol
IMO a child going to the bathroom would possibly turn a light on.

But a child urgently hiding would not turn a light on.