Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411354 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1905 on: June 09, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »
That's because supporters see themselves as part of some extended family with special insight and the sceptics are the barbarians at the gates.
I think there is a long convoluted psychological explanation for the phenomenon.

No doubt Alice, no doubt !
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1906 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:29 AM »

The thread is about SEARCHING.  Please may we have an attempt to stay on topic.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1907 on: June 10, 2016, 12:50:41 AM »
Search is controlled by assumptions - probably no-one wasted time searching the top cupboards of the wardrobes?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1908 on: June 10, 2016, 01:29:30 AM »
Search is controlled by assumptions - probably no-one wasted time searching the top cupboards of the wardrobes?
What you say about assumptions is right but, in what situation would a child end up in a top wardrobe cupboard??

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1909 on: June 10, 2016, 01:49:43 AM »
What you say about assumptions is right but, in what situation would a child end up in a top wardrobe cupboard??
A search that claims to be complete, but leaves out places because they don't fit assumptions, is incomplete.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1910 on: June 10, 2016, 02:05:17 AM »
A search that claims to be complete, but leaves out places because they don't fit assumptions, is incomplete.

My question was who would put a child in the top part of a wardrobe, an interrupted burglar?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1911 on: June 10, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »
My question was who would put a child in the top part of a wardrobe, an interrupted burglar?
Completely theoretically, yes. But why waste time deciding which 50% of places in a residence to search and which 50% to not search because of assumptions? It's quicker to just do a complete search, without assumptions.

Offline mercury

« Reply #1912 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:14 AM »
Completely theoretically, yes. But why waste time deciding which 50% of places in a residence to search and which 50% to not search because of assumptions? It's quicker to just do a complete search, without assumptions.

The police searched more than 50 per cent pegasus

Wheres youre 50 per cent? Top of wardrobes, behind bath panel and?

End of the day the child was not there (unless u thnk she might still be there) so isnt it academic? Its late, laters
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:37:47 AM by mercury »

Offline xtina

« Reply #1913 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:38 AM »
What?

sorry about that ....edited it now how it should have read....

Quote from: Benice on June 09, 2016, 10:52:47 AM
Has this man ever met or spoken to the McCanns?  Some of his statements are opinions which many other people would not agree with - including the experts who unlike that person  - actually spent time with the McCanns and found nothing suspicious whatsoever with their reactions or behaviour.  Does this Dr. not know the therapeutic and stress busting effects of jogging for instance?

If you don't think those parents of other abducted children are the 'real' experts then that's your prerogative.   IMO no-one can possibly know better than THEY do about every last single terrible effect this nightmare experience has on the parents.     And  I repeat - if anyone could spot a fake it would be those people.  Any claim that they could not -  is insulting to them IMO.

is insulting to them ........well not as insulting as you ....dragging the mccs ...into those parents of abducted children who have there own grief ......there own loss...who have enough to contend with that...

without the mccs being poked down there throat every touch and turn ...like yourself...is doing
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Alfie

« Reply #1914 on: June 10, 2016, 09:28:39 AM »
How do you imagine Madeleine got into the top cupboard of the wardrobe?

Offline Benice

« Reply #1915 on: June 10, 2016, 09:31:22 AM »

sorry about that ....edited it now how it should have read....

Quote from: Benice on June 09, 2016, 10:52:47 AM
Has this man ever met or spoken to the McCanns?  Some of his statements are opinions which many other people would not agree with - including the experts who unlike that person  - actually spent time with the McCanns and found nothing suspicious whatsoever with their reactions or behaviour.  Does this Dr. not know the therapeutic and stress busting effects of jogging for instance?

If you don't think those parents of other abducted children are the 'real' experts then that's your prerogative.   IMO no-one can possibly know better than THEY do about every last single terrible effect this nightmare experience has on the parents.     And  I repeat - if anyone could spot a fake it would be those people.  Any claim that they could not -  is insulting to them IMO.

is insulting to them ........well not as insulting as you ....dragging the mccs ...into those parents of abducted children who have there own grief ......there own loss...who have enough to contend with that...

without the mccs being poked down there throat every touch and turn ...like yourself...is doing

Typical -  you can't challenge the post - so you attack the poster.

Your apparent determination to believe that none of the parents of other abducted children  ( like Coral Jones for instance ) - could possibly believe and support the McCanns is misplaced IMO as there is not a shred of evidence to support it. 

'Wishful thinking' that they share your own very obvious extreme animosity towards the McCanns and need to be 'protected' from any association with them is not evidence.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Benice

« Reply #1916 on: June 10, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »
Oh purleeeeeeeeeeeez stop it already.  If you saw your friends daughter being ABDUCTED you wouldn't say anything just in case the anductor brought her back ?- now why on earth go to all the trouble of abducting her to take her back? Bejeezuz Why did Jane not shout to Gerry and Jes  oh look Maddie is being abducted. I just can't believe the bullsh  rubbish I have to read on here.

Your comment makes no sense.    Jayne had no reason to believe the man she saw was abducting Madeleine  until after she had disappeared.  Why would she?   She told the police immediately - and that was the most important thing to do at that time.

If you don't believe that during those first hours - everyone was hoping she would be found - then that is not my problem.

If you don't believe that abducted children have ever been found and returned to their parents - then that is not my problem either.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline xtina

« Reply #1917 on: June 10, 2016, 10:36:35 AM »

Typical -  you can't challenge the post - so you attack the poster.

Your apparent determination to believe that none of the parents of other abducted children  ( like Coral Jones for instance ) - could possibly believe and support the McCanns is misplaced IMO as there is not a shred of evidence to support it. 

'Wishful thinking' that they share your own very obvious extreme animosity towards the McCanns and need to be 'protected' from any association with them is not evidence.

AIMHO

okaaaaaay..................now who have i attacked ..for a kick off

as for challenging your post ............did i not reply

what you can't grasp it works both ways......

you called me insulting......insulting the parents of abducted children

you said .......there support for the mccs ......is compelling evidence...

you don't know ........what they think or there opinion   in R L

they have there own loss.....and unless you know them personally... how they feel about the mccs or have proof

or have proof........... you are wrong ...producing that as fact....

this is a maddie mccann ...discussion

don't involve other peoples grief to suit .........your agenda...or abduction

it has nothing to do with searching for maddie anyway..............something they personally never did

Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1918 on: June 12, 2016, 10:11:48 PM »
How do you imagine Madeleine got into the top cupboard of the wardrobe?
No idea Alfie. But a search that didn't look in any of the four top cupboards was very incomplete.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:15:01 PM by pegasus »

Alfie

« Reply #1919 on: June 12, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »
No idea Alfie. But a search that didn't look in any of the four top cupboards was very incomplete.
I don't suppose they looked in the fridge or the oven either.