Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411089 times)

Alfie

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #1995 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:28 AM »
I have no idea the motivation behind other sceptics posts. My feeling though is that his behaviour was inappropriate in the circumstances.
What behaviour was that exactly and why was it inappropriate?  Do you know what was being said or done, or what he was reacting to? 

Alfie

« Reply #1996 on: June 15, 2016, 08:20:51 AM »
They were searching locally for a live child. They searched for seven days. It wasn't a huge area. How long should the GNR have continued to conduct local searches for a live child Brietta? Fourteen days? A month? How long?
How long did UK police search for April and Alice?

Alfie

« Reply #1997 on: June 15, 2016, 08:24:15 AM »
Yes. Look through the glass who is the lady being spoken to? SH possibly?
She bends down to pick something up off the floor to avoid responding to the joke?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VlS-gO5Ask
what joke was that?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1998 on: June 15, 2016, 08:27:51 AM »
How long did UK police search for April and Alice?

In Aprils case, they spent about 4 days looking for a live child, after that they were looking for a corpse.

Her body has never been found, so there's still hope, right.

Alice?  Who the f*ck is Alice?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Alfie

« Reply #1999 on: June 15, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »
They were searching locally for a live child. They searched for seven days. It wasn't a huge area. How long should the GNR have continued to conduct local searches for a live child Brietta? Fourteen days? A month? How long?
Out of interest why were the PJ only looking for a live child?  Did it not cross their mind that an abducted child could have been murdered and her body hidden somewhere?

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2000 on: June 15, 2016, 08:49:05 AM »
Out of interest why were the PJ only looking for a live child?  Did it not cross their mind that an abducted child could have been murdered and her body hidden somewhere?

It appears to be a case that n some eyes, whatever the PJ did was wrong.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfie

« Reply #2001 on: June 15, 2016, 09:07:56 AM »
That is a non-reply to my question, but thanks for your input, much appreciated as always.

Alfie

« Reply #2002 on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »
If you think the PJ under Amaral did a good job of searching for Madeleine in the aftermath of her disappearance, then perhaps it should be added and discussed in this (rather short) thread here:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6692.0

Offline Benice

« Reply #2003 on: June 15, 2016, 09:21:20 AM »
what joke was that?

IIRC Kerry Needham was severely criticised on a bus by some stupid ignorant woman because she dared to laugh.

After his mother died  - Prince William smiled at people in the crowd when he and his family returned from Scotland and were looking at all the flowers.

I smiled - and even laughed at the Wake after my husband's funeral - at the stories his friends were telling me -  i.e their memories of some of the comical things they had got up to with him in their younger days, before I met him.        I was grateful to have more memories to add to my own.      I had a wonderful, happy marriage and was devastated  for years after my lovely husband died  - but if anyone had taken a video or photograph at that time - they could have made the same claim about me as some sceptics do about Gerry.   I'm sure that like me  - both Gerry and Kate have shed thousands of tears in private.

It's just another stick to beat the McCanns with - and a particularly cheap and spiteful one as well IMO.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:24:23 AM by Benice »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2004 on: June 15, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »
If you think the PJ under Amaral did a good job of searching for Madeleine in the aftermath of her disappearance, then perhaps it should be added and discussed in this (rather short) thread here:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6692.0

I think you need to be more precise. If you're referring to the physical searches around PdL lasting 7 days it was nothing to do with the PJ.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2005 on: June 15, 2016, 09:25:14 AM »
In Aprils case, they spent about 4 days looking for a live child, after that they were looking for a corpse.

I had rather been wanting to fit that line in myself somewhere! [From inside the helmet?]
Alice Gross was a 14 year old girl who suffered from anorexia and was murdered [so very appropriate to this discussion when you consider the similarities. A female, a minor and missing... apart from that  &%+((£]
Generally the cops reckon after no credible sign for 48 hours it becomes a murder hunt.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2006 on: June 15, 2016, 09:36:09 AM »

Winding down the search for the missing child Madeleine McCann after only seven days is questionable to say the least.

I think it was wrong for that decision to be taken ... particularly as there were so many loose ends to be tied up.

For example ...
  • interviewing those actually resident in the building the child went missing from;
  • spreading the phone call investigation net further than the preferred options of Murat et al and McCann et al;
  • checking who might have been legitimately carrying a child in the vicinity of the apartment from which the missing child had disappeared by checking creche records of which parent was on the move carrying a child at a relevant time;
  • in my opinion less concentration on conducting a propaganda war against the parents of the missing child and more time given to the missing child and who may have taken her would have been more appropriate behaviour for a law enforcement agency ...

MAY 5th
    We would again like to appeal for any information, however small, that may lead to the safe return of Madeleine.

BILTON:
    First appeals are made, but what we didn't know at the time was that some Portuguese detectives are already telling Portuguese journalists that they don't believe the McCann story.

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
    Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'

Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.
    Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."
    We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped. To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

The theory was in place and it was in place from the earliest stages of the inquiry.  Where did that leave the official search for Madeleine?   
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #2007 on: June 15, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »

They were looking for a dead body as they had the abductor locked up,  he was giving some ridiculous story about how he had ran over her in his car.   Quite a bit different from Madeleine wouldn't you say.

stephen25000

« Reply #2008 on: June 15, 2016, 09:42:33 AM »
I had rather been wanting to fit that line in myself somewhere! [From inside the helmet?]
Alice Gross was a 14 year old girl who suffered from anorexia and was murdered [so very appropriate to this discussion when you consider the similarities. A female, a minor and missing... apart from that  &%+((£]
Generally the cops reckon after no credible sign for 48 hours it becomes a murder hunt.

Under what circumstances did she disappear ?

and exactly how are you equating a 14 year old  to one of 3 ?

Alfie

« Reply #2009 on: June 15, 2016, 09:42:59 AM »
I think you need to be more precise. If you're referring to the physical searches around PdL lasting 7 days it was nothing to do with the PJ.
Who took the decision where to look, whether to look for a living or dead child and for how long the searches should continue?