Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411108 times)

stephen25000

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2010 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:20 AM »
Winding down the search for the missing child Madeleine McCann after only seven days is questionable to say the least.

I think it was wrong for that decision to be taken ... particularly as there were so many loose ends to be tied up.

For example ...
  • interviewing those actually resident in the building the child went missing from;
  • spreading the phone call investigation net further than the preferred options of Murat et al and McCann et al;
  • checking who might have been legitimately carrying a child in the vicinity of the apartment from which the missing child had disappeared by checking creche records of which parent was on the move carrying a child at a relevant time;
  • in my opinion less concentration on conducting a propaganda war against the parents of the missing child and more time given to the missing child and who may have taken her would have been more appropriate behaviour for a law enforcement agency ...

MAY 5th
    We would again like to appeal for any information, however small, that may lead to the safe return of Madeleine.

BILTON:
    First appeals are made, but what we didn't know at the time was that some Portuguese detectives are already telling Portuguese journalists that they don't believe the McCann story.

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
    Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'

Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.
    Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."
    We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped. To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

The theory was in place and it was in place from the earliest stages of the inquiry.  Where did that leave the official search for Madeleine?   

Where does 'winding down' equate to not looking ?

Alfie

« Reply #2011 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »
They were looking for a dead body as they had the abductor locked up,  he was giving some ridiculous story about how he had ran over her in his car.   Quite a bit different from Madeleine wouldn't you say.
All credit to the police for spend so much time, effort and energy on a search that they knew would could only have one outcome.  If anyone can give me one good reason why the PT effort could not have also involved similar effort and time I'd like to hear it.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2012 on: June 15, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
She had been searched for extensively.

So no more of the myth that she wasn't, please.

Likewise, why should the UK and Portuguese taxpayers pick up the bill for the Mccanns incompetence ?

Why should the UK and Portuguese taxpayers pick up the bill for the McCann's incompetence,   I will tell you why because a child is searched for no matter how that child disappeared,  a child is a child innocent and waiting to be found.

Alfie

« Reply #2013 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:25 AM »
Why should the UK and Portuguese taxpayers pick up the bill for the McCann's incompetence,   I will tell you why because a child is searched for no matter how that child disappeared,  a child is a child innocent and waiting to be found.
What a dumb question Stephen asks there.  It's as dumb as asking why the UK taxpayer should pick up the bill for the search for April Jones (the biggest police search in UK history) - who else is going to search when a child like April goes missing and who should pay for that search?  April's mum? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2014 on: June 15, 2016, 09:49:59 AM »
Under what circumstances did she disappear ?

and exactly how are you equating a 14 year old  to one of 3 ?

Female, minor and missing.
I thought that was considered to be "the corollary" for this around here.
You are slipping Stevo. It was irony on my part  8(0(*
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #2015 on: June 15, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »

She has been searched for extensively and nothing has been found.

You still did not answer the question.

Why should other people pay for the mccanns incompetence ?

... and they have never paid anything towards the 'search' from their own earnings as Doctors, having relied on other peoples 'donations' and revenue form a book which is also a result of their own incompetence.

stephen25000

« Reply #2016 on: June 15, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »
What a dumb question Stephen asks there.  It's as dumb as asking why the UK taxpayer should pick up the bill for the search for April Jones (the biggest police search in UK history) - who else is going to search when a child like April goes missing and who should pay for that search?  April's mum?

The mccanns are responsible for what happened to Madeleine by leaving her alone in the apartment with her siblings.

No other party has been found to have been in the apartment.

So as to dumb alf, that is the mccanns and those that defend the indefensible.

IMHO of course.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:58:49 AM by stephen25000 »

Alfie

« Reply #2017 on: June 15, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
When for example a child is abused by her parents, who pays for the child to be taken into care, who pays for the child to receive hospital and psychiatric treatment,  who pays for the parents to be investigated and prosecuted, and incarcerated?

In short who pays for the parents' vile abuse?

That's right - the taxpayer.

According to Stephen logic - why should we pay for the parents' abuse of their child?

It's a completely STUPID argument. 

Who do you think should pay Stephen?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2018 on: June 15, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »
She has been searched for extensively and nothing has been found.

You still did not answer the question.

Why should other people pay for the mccanns incompetence ?

... and they have never paid anything towards the 'search' from their own earnings as Doctors, having relied on other peoples 'donations' and revenue form a book which is also a result of their own incompetence.

The McCanns pay UK income tax and therefore not only contribute financially to the search for their daughter, but in the searches for other children who have gone missing and future searches for missing people.

As a tax payer I am happy with that ... I am less than happy if the right of a missing child to be searched for is abrogated.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #2019 on: June 15, 2016, 10:11:10 AM »
When for example a child is abused by her parents, who pays for the child to be taken into care, who pays for the child to receive hospital and psychiatric treatment,  who pays for the parents to be investigated and prosecuted, and incarcerated?

In short who pays for the parents' vile abuse?

That's right - the taxpayer.

According to Stephen logic - why should we pay for the parents' abuse of their child?

It's a completely STUPID argument. 

Who do you think should pay Stephen?

Off topic.

We are discussing the mccanns, who have used other peoples money to pay for their incompetence.

Never, ONE PENNY of their own, ALWAYS OTHER PEOPLES.

Are you proud of that alf.

By the way you said I was on ignore, so you have broken your word again.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2020 on: June 15, 2016, 10:11:49 AM »
Winding down the search for the missing child Madeleine McCann after only seven days is questionable to say the least.

I think it was wrong for that decision to be taken ... particularly as there were so many loose ends to be tied up.

For example ...
  • interviewing those actually resident in the building the child went missing from;
  • spreading the phone call investigation net further than the preferred options of Murat et al and McCann et al;
  • checking who might have been legitimately carrying a child in the vicinity of the apartment from which the missing child had disappeared by checking creche records of which parent was on the move carrying a child at a relevant time;
  • in my opinion less concentration on conducting a propaganda war against the parents of the missing child and more time given to the missing child and who may have taken her would have been more appropriate behaviour for a law enforcement agency ...

MAY 5th
    We would again like to appeal for any information, however small, that may lead to the safe return of Madeleine.

BILTON:
    First appeals are made, but what we didn't know at the time was that some Portuguese detectives are already telling Portuguese journalists that they don't believe the McCann story.

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
    Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'

Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends.
    Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."
    We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped. To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

The theory was in place and it was in place from the earliest stages of the inquiry.  Where did that leave the official search for Madeleine?   

Once again you are mixing up two things. The GNR searched. Most of what you are listing above related to the PJ's responsibility, so not connected to physical searching which was scaled back..
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #2021 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
The mccanns are responsible for what happened to Madeleine by leaving her alone in the apartment with her siblings.

No other party has been found to have been in the apartment.

So as to dumb alf, that is the mccanns and those that defend the indefensible.

IMHO of course.

So should April Jones parents have footed the bill for letting a five year old in the evening,   or the Needham's for not keeping a close eye on a two year old?

Or maybe all parents who are neglectful to their children who then decide to leave home and live rough.

These are all children,  Stephen who need to be searched for and brought home.

Left to you a huge majority of the these children would be left to their fate,  because you don't want to part with any money,  thank god for those who also pay taxes.

stephen25000

« Reply #2022 on: June 15, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »

So should April Jones parents have footed the bill for letting a five year old in the evening,   or the Needham's for not keeping a close eye on a two year old?

Or maybe all parents who are neglectful to their children who then decide to leave home and live rough.

These are all children,  Stephen who need to be searched for and brought home.

Left to you a huge majority of the these children would be left to their fate,  because you don't want to part with any money,  thank god for those who also pay taxes.

Left to me lace ?

Do you really imagine all tax payers enjoy footing the bill for the incompetence of the mccanns ?

I am giving my view.

I have no time for the mccanns, who have ruthlessly pursued Amaral and money in the courts through legal action, which says everything about them.

Madeleine has been searched for and she hasn't been found, and there is absolutely no sign that she will.

When have you searched for Madeleine ?

Have you donated to the fund ?

Or are you just another person who types about 'searching' and has yet to do anything at all, but defend the mccanns ?

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:23:20 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2023 on: June 15, 2016, 10:22:33 AM »

Reminder:  the topic is 'SEARCHING' please bear that in mind when you post.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #2024 on: June 15, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
Left to me lace ?

Do you really imagine all tax payers enjoy footing the bill for the incompetence of the mccanns ?

I am giving my view.

I have no time for the mccanns, who have ruthlessly pursued Amaral and money in the courts through legal action, which says everything about them.

Madeleine has been searched for and she hasn't been found, and there is absolutely no sign that she will.

When have you searched for Madeleine ?

Have you donated to the fund ?

Or are you just another person who types about 'searching' and has yet to do anything at all, but defend the mccanns ?

Why just the McCann's?   Why not all these other parents?    Madeleine has just the same rights as all these other children that have gone missing.    Why are you just picking on the McCann's?

Well,  we come to the reason don't we in that sentence 'I have no time for the McCann's'  there you go,  it's because they sued a man for accusing them of the despicable crime of hiding their daughters body,  which I am sure every parent would have done in their shoes.

As for what I have done a simple mind your own business will suffice.

Defending the McCann's?   I am debating here the same as you,  can I say all you want to do is defend Amaral?