Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411123 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2070 on: June 17, 2016, 08:09:17 PM »
Big difference
The Needhams are welcome on Kos
It seems the McCanns are hated in the algarve
The McCanns thought the professionals would do a better job
The McCanns have managed to get the Met involved
That's quite an achievement
I don't think any searching the McCanns could do would make any difference

The McCanns by their own actions are wholly responsible for the way they are now viewed by the Portuguese people.  The Portuguese are very protective over their children so cannot understand the mentality of parents who would go out on the piss leaving three young children alone and vulnerable.  I must say I agree with them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:15:08 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline mercury

« Reply #2071 on: June 17, 2016, 08:14:03 PM »
Big difference
The Needhams are welcome on Kos
It seems the McCanns are hated in the algarve

You might like to meditate on why that might be, if true of course

Offline John

« Reply #2072 on: June 17, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
I think the Needhams probably have the McCanns to thank indirectly for the fact that UK police are involved in looking for Ben.  One wonders if that would be the case had there not been such a concerted effort on the part of the McCanns to get UK police involved in looking for a missing child abroad.

Kerry Needham is the one who got the Met to look for Ben.  Maybe if they hadn't spent over £10 million on a wild goose chase looking for someone to prosecute in the McCann case there might have been money to look for Ben long ago.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline mercury

« Reply #2073 on: June 17, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »
In fact, NO law enforcement agency is now actively searching for Madeleine. The family’s own investigators are still working, but they do not have access to masses of material held by police authorities.

There has been no formal review of the inquiry — a process which could unearth a key piece of the jigsaw.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/539087/open-up-the-maddie-files/

I don't quite understand why Madeleine McCann's parents have been accused by some of "not searching" for their daughter;  particularly as searching for her has been their raison d'être for over nine years.

They have been in the fortunate situation of being able to pay for their own investigators to keep the search for Madeleine going;  an endeavour which has attracted different degrees of censure dependent on which website it may be posted on.

The incredible achievement of having Madeleine's case reopened and the official bodies with access to all the available information on the case to have taken up the reins of actually trying to find out what happened to her and where she is ... is something which seems to meet with the disapproval of some. 

Madeleine McCann like any other missing child has the right to be looked for.  Her parents deserved support in lobbying for that ... not opprobrium.
You are posting from a certain position one you have no idea is right or wrong
Regarding the right to be looked for, it doesnt extend to forever
The gnr and pj looked
The pis looked
The sy looked
Who else is going to look now? Stop blaming and apportioning responsibility to thise that have already tried, unless youre a billionaire and want to chip in for kingdom come

Alfie

« Reply #2074 on: June 18, 2016, 02:18:30 PM »
Kerry Needham is the one who got the Met to look for Ben.  Maybe if they hadn't spent over £10 million on a wild goose chase looking for someone to prosecute in the McCann case there might have been money to look for Ben long ago.
The fact that the Met were already looking into Madeleine's disappearance would have made it much more difficult for them to refuse Kerry's request - that is what I meant.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2075 on: June 18, 2016, 02:45:07 PM »
Back on topic. 

The subject of searching for Maddie is a curious one.  I would have thought that the parents of any missing child would have spent every free moment in the area from where she or he disappeared.  Not the McCanns though and that is extremely puzzling unless...
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2076 on: June 18, 2016, 03:03:32 PM »
Back on topic. 

The subject of searching for Maddie is a curious one.  I would have thought that the parents of any missing child would have spent every free moment in the area from where she or he disappeared.  Not the McCanns though and that is extremely puzzling unless...

not really

Offline Benice

« Reply #2077 on: June 18, 2016, 03:30:48 PM »
Back on topic. 

I can just imagine the comments:-

'What are those selfish pair thinking of - leaving the twins at home and jetting off to Portugal every free moment they get.  That's neglect.'       Or - 'what are that selfish pair thinking of dragging the twins around Portugal with them every free moment they get  - that can't be good for them.  That's neglect'. 

And of course the inevitable  -  'What a waste of fund money'.

Actually it really would be a waste of money as the expert advice is that keeping a missing child's profile as high as possible for as long as possible in the public eye is the best way to give a missing person the best chance of being found.

When you consider the tiny amount of ground in PT that actual physical searching by the parents could cover - it is obviously the least productive and financially the most wasteful method of searching there is.  Especially as the biggest search in the history of Portugal has already taken place.

IMO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Alfie

« Reply #2078 on: June 18, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
Back on topic. 

Unless what?

Alfie

« Reply #2079 on: June 18, 2016, 05:38:57 PM »
Back on topic. 

Your child has gone missing in PdL - where do you physically search
1) 1 hour after the disappearance
2) 12 hours after the disappearance
3) One day after the disappearance
4) One week after the disappearance
5) One month after the disappearance
6) One year after the disappearance
7) 10 years after the disappearance

Talk us through what you would do, where you would look and how you would achieve this search.  This might help formulate a basic guide for parents of missing children in the future.

stephen25000

« Reply #2080 on: June 18, 2016, 06:21:22 PM »
Your child has gone missing in PdL - where do you physically search
1) 1 hour after the disappearance
2) 12 hours after the disappearance
3) One day after the disappearance
4) One week after the disappearance
5) One month after the disappearance
6) One year after the disappearance
7) 10 years after the disappearance

Talk us through what you would do, where you would look and how you would achieve this search.  This might help formulate a basic guide for parents of missing children in the future.

Why just PDL.

If your child is missing.

You search.

End of.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2081 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:11 PM »
Why just PDL.

You search.

End of.

Me? I would leave no stone unturned searching the lawless hinterland where "my" PI's said Madeleine was being held.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #2082 on: June 18, 2016, 06:39:46 PM »
Me? I would leave no stone unturned searching the lawless hinterland where "my" PI's said Madeleine was being held.

Indeed Alice.

Was that perchance Edgar's lawless village  10 miles from PDL ?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2083 on: June 18, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
Indeed Alice.

Was that perchance Edgar's lawless village  10 miles from PDL ?

That's the one. I used "hinterland" because it is such a nice word and reminds me of home.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2084 on: June 18, 2016, 06:51:25 PM »
Why just PDL.

You search.

End of.

much better to get professionals to do it for you