Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411053 times)

Offline misty

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2145 on: June 19, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Yes but in the crime scene photo the sofa is pushed back so tight against the wall that it clamps the curtains so they can't be operated.
Can you describe step by step the search behind that sofa, so you end up with the sofa fully against the wall?

I can no more describe it than I can the precise methodology used by KM to look out the children's bedroom window & leave unblemished prints on the glass, her search of the wardrobes in the children's room or the opening & closing of the cupboards in the kitchen.
Can you?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2146 on: June 19, 2016, 02:08:10 AM »
I can no more describe it than I can the precise methodology used by KM to look out the children's bedroom window & leave unblemished prints on the glass, her search of the wardrobes in the children's room or the opening & closing of the cupboards in the kitchen.
Can you?

Shame her finger prints were the only evidence found on the alleged open window. Actually that one known fact should be fascinating to every detective that has worked on this case.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline misty

« Reply #2147 on: June 19, 2016, 02:53:33 AM »
Shame her finger prints were the only evidence found on the alleged open window. Actually that one known fact should be fascinating to every detective that has worked on this case.

I am curious as to how her hand, when pressed against the window, was not against the net curtain. How far had the net curtain been pushed back and how was that done from the outside?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2148 on: June 19, 2016, 03:04:39 AM »
I am curious as to how her hand, when pressed against the window, was not against the net curtain. How far had the net curtain been pushed back and how was that done from the outside?

I think she might have lifted the net out of the way to allow her to lean and look out of the window.
Move the net ~ then lean forward with hand on the glass for support?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2149 on: June 19, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »
NM

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2150 on: June 19, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »

Tks... you are forgetting the whooshing thingy - curtains are blowing everywhere and...the window is open and the shutters jemmied and.. oh wait, the window was already open- very wide for the 'abductior' and Maddie to climb out-without leaving a mark yet there is oor kate leaving prints all over the bloody thing...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #2151 on: June 19, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
Tks... you are forgetting the whooshing thingy - curtains are blowing everywhere and...the window is open and the shutters jemmied and.. oh wait, the window was already open- very wide for the 'abductior' and Maddie to climb out-without leaving a mark yet there is oor kate leaving prints all over the bloody thing...
What a vivid imagination you have Mistaken.

1)  The curtains whooshed with one gust of wind only as far as we know.

2)  The word jemmied was used by a third person IIRC

3)  The window was open - very wide - for the abductor.  How wide?  I wasn't aware that we had been told this.

4)  There is our Kate leaving prints all over the bloody thing ?   I wasn't aware that Kate had left prints all over the thing.  In fact the only prints on the actual window were very few, in one place indicating that she had only having touched it once ... as is most likely she did.

5)  Has everyone forgotten the prints on the outside of the shutters ?   The ones at the bottom around the knob sort of thing?   The prints that Shining so brilliantly noticed and analysed.

stephen25000

« Reply #2152 on: June 19, 2016, 06:47:46 PM »

3)  The window was open - very wide - for the abductor.  How wide?  I wasn't aware that we had been told this.

4)  There is our Kate leaving prints all over the bloody thing ?   I wasn't aware that Kate had left prints all over the thing.  In fact the only prints on the actual window were very few, in one place indicating that she had only having touched it once ... as is most likely she did.

5)  Has everyone forgotten the prints on the outside of the shutters ?   The ones at the bottom around the knob sort of thing?   The prints that Shining so brilliantly noticed and analysed.

The source of the jemmied is the McCann's.

No proof of abduction Sadie, do keep up.

You say 'our Kate'.  Not on your Nellie.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:50:38 PM by stephen25000 »

« Reply #2153 on: June 19, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »

you mean the prints by the staff who were called to look at them one of the days? analysed hahaha Ok

« Reply #2154 on: June 19, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »

Oh Sadie the vivid imaginings is all the McCanns.
 just the one gust huh... so Kate had to go and interfere with evidence/if any were left which we know there wasn't.. by looking out the window why?
Did she think the burglar took Maddie out of the window? we don't know- did she want everyone to believe Maddie was taken out of the window - YES!!

Gerry told his sister to went on TV making the claim about shutters being jemmied

We haven't been told how wide the window was open because Kate didn't mention that wee bit. The olice did ask her to describe in detail the room when she entered it- she refused to answer that. Infact Kate recalled the door was at a different angle but didn't;t notice how wide the window was . what a bummer.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2155 on: June 19, 2016, 11:42:09 PM »

Oh Sadie the vivid imaginings is all the McCanns.
 just the one gust huh... so Kate had to go and interfere with evidence/if any were left which we know there wasn't.. by looking out the window why?
Did she think the burglar took Maddie out of the window? we don't know- did she want everyone to believe Maddie was taken out of the window - YES!!

Gerry told his sister to went on TV making the claim about shutters being jemmied

We haven't been told how wide the window was open because Kate didn't mention that wee bit. The olice did ask her to describe in detail the room when she entered it- she refused to answer that. Infact Kate recalled the door was at a different angle but didn't;t notice how wide the window was . what a bummer.
What a sad perspective you guys have on the case.

It would surprise me greatly if Kate did not have a quick look out of the window, and try it.

Tbh, it never fails to amaze me that there were no other finger prints on the window.  The natural reaction of everyone searching would have been to go over to that partially open window and look out ... and to try and see how easily it slides = finger prints

It is almost to "good to be true" that Kates finger prints were the only ones on the window.

And what about the handprint on the bit at the bottom of the shutter that Shining so brilliantly found and analysed.  Have you forgotten that ?   Could have been the abductors, or could have been one of the people who tried the shutters ... we don't know, but we do know that at least two, or was it three people, tried the shutter outside.

Presumably the PJ tested this hand print?  Presumably they compared to Gerry and the other tapas person/s who tried the shutters

It beggars belief that none of the people who tried the shutters, didn't bother to try the window.  In fact I don't believe that.    So where were their finger prints?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2156 on: June 19, 2016, 11:54:30 PM »
What a sad perspective you guys have on the case.

It would surprise me greatly if Kate did not have a quick look out of the window, and try it.

Tbh, it never fails to amaze me that there were no other finger prints on the window.  The natural reaction of everyone searching would have been to go over to that partially open window and look out ... and to try and see how easily it slides = finger prints

It is almost to "good to be true" that Kates finger prints were the only ones on the window.

And what about the handprint on the bit at the bottom of the shutter that Shining so brilliantly found and analysed.  Have you forgotten that ?   Could have been the abductors, or could have been one of the people who tried the shutters ... we don't know, but we do know that at least two, or was it three people, tried the shutter outside.

Presumably the PJ tested this hand print?  Presumably they compared to Gerry and the other tapas person/s who tried the shutters

It beggars belief that none of the people who tried the shutters, didn't bother to try the window.  In fact I don't believe that.    So where were their finger prints?

There would appear to be two possibilities.
No one touched the windows except KM.
The multitude came, touched the windows leaving dabs all over the oche then some person wiped all prints off except KM's.
The latter would seem to require intervention by the omnipresent.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #2157 on: June 20, 2016, 12:01:01 AM »
The source of the jemmied is the McCann's.

No proof of abduction Sadie, do keep up.

You say 'our Kate'.  Not on your Nellie.

I am using Mistakens actual words.  She said 'our Kate' .  Do keep up Stephen

The implication from what Mistaken said, is that Kate or Gerry said 'jemmied'.   I believe it was one of the family that first said it; now was it Philomena?   

Seems it was no more than a case of 'Chinese Whispers'.  With a myth being blown up and pushed by some to pretend that Kate or Gerry originally used the word.   Just a third party interpretation from over the seas of what happened

For any validity it had to have been said originally by Kate or Gerry ... and that wasn't the case.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2158 on: June 20, 2016, 12:07:51 AM »
There would appear to be two possibilities.
No one touched the windows except KM.
The multitude came, touched the windows leaving dabs all over the oche then some person wiped all prints off except KM's.
The latter would seem to require intervention by the omnipresent.

Maybe by someone who thought he was the omnipresent, but I ain't going to make any suggestions.

My bet is that a number on here could make a suggestion, but I doubt they will.

Offline misty

« Reply #2159 on: June 20, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
I think she might have lifted the net out of the way to allow her to lean and look out of the window.
Move the net ~ then lean forward with hand on the glass for support?

If the net was fully extended across the window, it would only be possible for KM's complete prints to be on the glass pane if she first lifted the net & placed it over her head. Otherwise, her left hand would be used to hold the curtain away from the window to facilitate leaning out & looking. Important to remember the window slides across rather than opening out.
On the other hand, if the net had been retracted as was suggested, it must have been pushed back to the left (as viewed from the inside) quite a long way so Kate could freely place her hand on the glass without entrapping any part of the net under her fingers. How was the net pushed back that far from outside the window, from ground level, with such ease? The nets at the other windows appear to be at least 2.5x if not 3x window width - bulky & difficult to push very far quickly or easily.
Did Kate kneel on the bed or climb across & stand in the small gap between the foot of the bed & the chair to look out the window?
The r/h curtain tie-back was pictured on the floor under the window - how did that get there & what happened about forensics on it?
IMO the window was opened by someone inside the bedroom, not by a burglar outside the room.