Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411138 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2190 on: July 05, 2016, 02:11:43 AM »
Sadies referring to what looks like a yellow curtain over the bed and a just distinquishable window....probably photoshopped by the paper to enhance the vision of an abductor from window
It's definitely her bedroom. You can see one of the wall mounted fake headboards. You can see the small bedside cupboard (the chest of drawers has been moved and is not visible). You can see a chair which has been moved there from the dining room. What you call a "yellow curtain" is actually in the foreground and is a see through net curtain (blown in by wind) of the window through which the photo is taken.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:21:30 AM by pegasus »

Offline mercury

« Reply #2191 on: July 05, 2016, 02:20:32 AM »
It's definitely her bedroom. You can see one of the wall mounted fake headboards. You can see the small bedside cupboard (the chest of drawers has been moved and is not visible). You can see a chair which has been moved there from the dining room. What you call a "yellow curtain" is actually in the foreground and a see through net curtain (blown in by wind) of the window through which the photo is taken.

The window would have been at the bottom of that picture not top right of it, the yellow curtain seems to be at the top right, I wont argue though, but I agree that was the kids' bedroom, (deleted comment till can find confirmation)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:24:47 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2192 on: July 05, 2016, 02:28:42 AM »
The window would have been at the bottom of that picture not top right of it, the yellow curtain seems to be at the top right, I wont argue though, but I agree that was the kids' bedroom, though NOT taken on the night as some newspapers pathetically claimed (source the mccannfiles page called apartment 5a in left hand index )
It's a wind-blown net curtain of the window the photo is taken through. The net is flying in the air, much closer to camera than the headboard etc. That's why looking through the net you can see the headboard and chair and bedside cupboard and her bed. IMO photo was taken some weeks after 3 May, just after dawn IMO (journos illegally open the shutter and window from outside before other people are out of bed to see them).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:42:39 AM by pegasus »

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:01:51 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

Offline sadie

« Reply #2194 on: July 05, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »
It's a wind-blown net curtain of the window the photo is taken through. The net is flying in the air, much closer to camera than the headboard etc. That's why looking through the net you can see the headboard and chair and bedside cupboard and her bed. IMO photo was taken some weeks after 3 May, just after dawn IMO (journos illegally open the shutter and window from outside before other people are out of bed to see them).

I still maintain that the photo is not of Madeleines bedroom, because ...  The window is on the wrong wall

That is unless Peg was incorrect in saying that it is a photo of BOTH the net curtains flying.

If she made a slip up there, then it is just about feasible.

That aside, it is good to see just how the nets fly in  a breeze/ draft.  Thank you Pegasus.

Quote from: pegasus on June 20, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Photo of both the net curtains blown in by wind.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/zzapartment5ad.jpg

Offline mercury

« Reply #2196 on: July 05, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »

Ok thank you, I see it now

Offline mercury

« Reply #2197 on: July 05, 2016, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline Lace

« Reply #2198 on: July 06, 2016, 09:13:37 AM »
I still maintain that the photo is not of Madeleines bedroom, because ...  The window is on the wrong wall

That is unless Peg was incorrect in saying that it is a photo of BOTH the net curtains flying.

If she made a slip up there, then it is just about feasible.

That aside, it is good to see just how the nets fly in  a breeze/ draft.  Thank you Pegasus.

Quote from: pegasus on June 20, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Photo of both the net curtains blown in by wind.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/zzapartment5ad.jpg

It's a bit of an optical illusion Sadie,  the photo is from the window in Madeleine's room just imagine that the curtains are blowing from the window in Madeleine's room and the bed is further back and not in front of the window.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2199 on: July 07, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
It's a bit of an optical illusion Sadie,  the photo is from the window in Madeleine's room just imagine that the curtains are blowing from the window in Madeleine's room and the bed is further back and not in front of the window.

Only Kate saw blowing curtains!  hardly independent witness.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2200 on: April 26, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »
The parents did search... So it's not a fact... So it's false criticism
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:42:21 AM by John »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2201 on: April 26, 2018, 02:43:40 PM »
People who say that The McCanns didn't search are at best misinformed.  Although I am pretty certain that some of them know that it isn't true.  In which case it would be a lie.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2202 on: April 27, 2018, 09:36:30 AM »
If being the mother of a missing child doesn't disbar criticism why mention it?

You seem to be permitting criticism of one particular decision. In my opinion it's not anyone's place to tell others what they can or cannot criticise.

In many instances commentators are accused of criticising when they are actually commenting. Pointing out that the parents didn't search for their daughter is often seen as a criticism, but it's just a fact.

The mccanns did search so are you just simply misinformed

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2203 on: April 27, 2018, 10:11:15 AM »
25th May 2007; no physical searching...

JH: And I've spoken to a lot of people, over the weeks, who... local people who'd given up a lot of time. You've talked about the support that they've given you. I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?

KM: (Pause) I mean, I did. Errm... (Long Pause) Errm... we'd been working really hard really. Apart... I mean, the first 48 hours, as Gerry said, are incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning, I'd say, errm... but after that you get strength from somewhere. We've certainly had loads of support and that's given us strength and its been able to make us focus really so we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id212.htm
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:39:41 AM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2204 on: April 27, 2018, 10:28:07 AM »
25th May 2007; no physical searching...

JH: And I've spoken to a lot of people, over the weeks, who... local people who'd given up a lot of time. You've talked about the support that they've given you. I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?

KM: (Pause) I mean, I did. Errm... (Long Pause) Errm... we'd been working really hard really. Apart... I mean, the first 48 hours, as Gerry said, are incredibly difficult and we were almost non-functioning, I'd say, errm... but after that you get strength from somewhere. We've certainly had loads of support and that's given us strength and its been able to make us focus really so we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id212.htm

Kate is on record as saying they searched the night maddie went missing... The statement  you refer to refers to the days afterwards... It is in the present tense