Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411065 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2205 on: April 27, 2018, 11:17:39 AM »
Kate is on record as saying they searched the night maddie went missing... The statement  you refer to refers to the days afterwards... It is in the present tense

Search

verb (used with object)

To go or look through (a place, area, etc.) carefully in order to find something missing or lost:
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2206 on: April 27, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »
Search

verb (used with object)

To go or look through (a place, area, etc.) carefully in order to find something missing or lost:

Are you saying the mccanns did not look carefully

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2207 on: April 27, 2018, 11:20:21 AM »
Are you saying the mccanns did not look carefully

In my Opinion.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2208 on: April 27, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »
In my Opinion.

G didn't use the caveat... Imo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 11:33:50 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline John

« Reply #2209 on: April 27, 2018, 11:48:38 AM »
The going out jogging with the press and media in tow never ceases to amaze me.  Here was a couple who admitted to not physically searching for their missing four-year-old daughter other than the morning after the night of her disappearance, yet they go out jogging while the little girl might be lying in a ditch or a well not that far away. I'm sorry but the old excuse that different people resort to different methods to relieve stress just doesn't wash IMO.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:10:59 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2210 on: April 27, 2018, 11:55:21 AM »
The going out jogging with the press and media in tow never ceases to amaze me.  Here was a couple who admitted to not physically searching for their missing four-year-old daughter other than the morning after the night of her disappearance, yet they go out jogging while the little girl might be lying in a ditch or a well not that far away. I'm sorry but the old excuse that different people resort to different methods to relieve stress just doesn't wash IMO.

It washes with me.
Makes perfect sense. IMO.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline John

« Reply #2211 on: April 27, 2018, 11:57:57 AM »

It washes with me.
Makes perfect sense. IMO.

What would make perfect sense is being with the police encouraging further searches, not running up a hill in Praia da Luz looking as if they hadn't a care in the world.  It would be interesting to hear what a psychologist would say about it.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:03:36 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2212 on: April 27, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
What would make perfect sense is being with the police encouraging further searches, not running up a hill in Praia da Luz looking as if they hadn't a care in the world.

In your opinion, not mine.

Offline John

« Reply #2213 on: April 27, 2018, 12:04:48 PM »

In your opinion, not mine.

In my professional opinion having witnessed other parents reacting to missing children.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2214 on: April 27, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
Madeleine could have been on top of that hill. Shame they didn't search there. I of course believe everything they say - everything for a reason ?>)()<

Insp Paiva told the hearing in Lisbon: “Kate called me, she was alone as Gerry was away and she was crying.

“She said she had dreamt that Madeleine was on a hill and that we should search for her there."

“She gave the impression that she thought she was dead – it was a turning point for us.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6977977/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-dream-was-turning-point-in-investigation-court-hears.html
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2215 on: April 27, 2018, 12:15:26 PM »
In my professional opinion having witnessed other parents reacting to missing children.

Have you ever been the parent of a missing child?
I interacted with parents all my professional life and parents cope with and react differently to stress, worry and even injury and death of a child.
Unless you have personally known the experience of a missing child, it is difficult to decide what is or is not the correct way to behave.
I had a friend whose teenage son caused a great deal of worry and distress.
She handled this by going on a shopping spree.
This was the only way she could handle the stress.
I found it puzzling but that was her coping mechanism
Jogging and exercise are often used as a means of coping with stress.
Perhaps not what you would do but that does not make it wrong for those who find it helps.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:18:14 PM by Erngath »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2216 on: April 27, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »
What would make perfect sense is being with the police encouraging further searches, not running up a hill in Praia da Luz looking as if they hadn't a care in the world.  It would be interesting to hear what a psychologist would say about it.

A psychologist would say they are doing exactly the right thing
....there are different coping mechanisms... One is to take prescribed drugs as many bereaved people do.... The mccanns took the exercise route... A, far better choice  imo
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:31:09 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2217 on: April 27, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »
In my Opinion.

My post has been edited... If you say the mccanns did not search because iyo they did not look carefully then it is reasonable to say the pj looked but did not search... I find that a ridiculous statement but according to your post it's a reasonable thing to say
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 12:30:43 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2218 on: April 27, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »
Kate is on record as saying they searched the night maddie went missing... The statement  you refer to refers to the days afterwards... It is in the present tense

When did Kate McCann create this record and please can you provide a copy or link?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2219 on: April 27, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
When did Kate McCann create this record and please can you provide a copy or link?

You know it's in her book... Simply ignore the evidence that shows you are wrong but all your conclusions will be wrong too