Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411470 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2220 on: April 27, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »
What would make perfect sense is being with the police encouraging further searches, not running up a hill in Praia da Luz looking as if they hadn't a care in the world.  It would be interesting to hear what a psychologist would say about it.

" looking as if they hadn't a care in the world" is in your opinion only.
I can see stress in their faces IMO
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2221 on: April 27, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
You know it's in her book... Simply ignore the evidence that shows you are wrong but all your conclusions will be wrong too

The book was written four years after the event. The interview with Jane Hill was three weeks after the event. Are you saying that three weeks after the event she'd forgotten the searching she did, but remembered it later? Gerry made no claim of searching in September 2007 either;

When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception to check whether they had called the Police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #2222 on: April 27, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »

Have you ever been the parent of a missing child?
I interacted with parents all my professional life and parents cope with and react differently to stress, worry and even injury and death of a child.
Unless you have personally known the experience of a missing child, it is difficult to decide what is or is not the correct way to behave.
I had a friend whose teenage son caused a great deal of worry and distress.
She handled this by going on a shopping spree.
This was the only way she could handle the stress.
I found it puzzling but that was her coping mechanism
Jogging and exercise are often used as a means of coping with stress.
Perhaps not what you would do but that does not make it wrong for those who find it helps.

Just so happens I was in that position in Majorca in 1985.  I know from first hand experience the terror this involves but fortunately for me it only last an hour as my three-year-old was found by the police having wandered off!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2223 on: April 27, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
The book was written four years after the event. The interview with Jane Hill was three weeks after the event. Are you saying that three weeks after the event she'd forgotten the searching she did, but remembered it later? Gerry made no claim of searching in September 2007 either;

When asked why instead of scouring the land next to the complex they stayed inside the apartment, he replies that it did not happen that way.

While the guests and employees of the resort were searching, he went to the main Reception to check whether they had called the Police, and told Kate to wait inside the apartment. After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

You are taking statements out of context
Posting opinion as fact
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:12:19 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline John

« Reply #2224 on: April 27, 2018, 01:20:35 PM »
A psychologist would say they are doing exactly the right thing
....there are different coping mechanisms... One is to take prescribed drugs as many bereaved people do.... The mccanns took the exercise route... A, far better choice  imo

Had they done so away from view you might have had a point but they chose to draw attention to themselves which in my view is far from normal.  There are health benefits from jogging but doing it in full public glare in those curcumstances was questionable.  Had they jogged down to the police station it might even have been beneficial in other ways too.

http://running.about.com/od/running101/a/mentalbenefits.htm
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:32:22 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2225 on: April 27, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
Had they done so away from view you might have had a point but they chose to draw attention to themselves which in my view is far from normal.

had they tried to hide the fact that they were jogging.....and been discovered ...how do you think that would have been viewed....I can see exactly why they jogged...I can see exactly why they tried to maintain normality...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2226 on: April 27, 2018, 01:35:06 PM »
had they tried to hide the fact that they were jogging.....and been discovered ...how do you think that would have been viewed....I can see exactly why they jogged...I can see exactly why they tried to maintain normality...

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2227 on: April 27, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
You are taking statements out of context
Posting opinion as fact

I have posted statements made by both parents which don't contain any claims that they physically searched the outside areas for their daughter. It does say in their police statements that they searched inside the apartment.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:13:36 PM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2228 on: April 27, 2018, 01:47:42 PM »
"Mens sana in corpore sano"

its been discussed many times before.....hard exercise  releases endorphins.....so if you are severely stressed yu can either drink...take mind altering drugs...or exercise ...exercise is by far the better option

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2229 on: April 27, 2018, 01:51:39 PM »
I have posted statements made by both parents which don't contain any claims that they physically searched the outside areas for their daughter. It does say in their police statements that they searched inside the apartment.

the fact that one particular statement does not contain any claims of searching does not mean there are other statements which confirmed they searched...
In Kates book she describes searching...so unless she is mistaken, she searched..
you have stated the mccanns did not search..that is your opinion ..not fact IMO
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:14:46 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Lace

« Reply #2230 on: April 27, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »

Have you ever been the parent of a missing child?
I interacted with parents all my professional life and parents cope with and react differently to stress, worry and even injury and death of a child.
Unless you have personally known the experience of a missing child, it is difficult to decide what is or is not the correct way to behave.
I had a friend whose teenage son caused a great deal of worry and distress.
She handled this by going on a shopping spree.
This was the only way she could handle the stress.
I found it puzzling but that was her coping mechanism
Jogging and exercise are often used as a itof coping with stress.
Perhaps not what you would do but that does not make it wrong for those who find it helps.

Well said Erngath,  and so true.

I know when I have been under stress I have cleaned the house from top to bottom,  others find going for a long walk is helpful.   The McCann's were waiting for news,  there wasn't any,   I can't imagine what stress they must have been under,  it must have been agony for them just waiting around,  not knowing what was happening to their child.   Running is obviously something they do,  so running was the obvious choice to deal with their stress.

Offline Lace

« Reply #2231 on: April 27, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »

I have accused no-one of lying and what opinion have I posted as fact?

Obviously Kate was talking about the week following Madeleine's disappearance, not that they hadn't searched for Madeleine.    They searched the apartment,  they searched the surrounding area,  they searched further afield in the early hours of the 4th of May,  in between that they were there for the police.   Following their early morning search they had to be there for the police.   

Can you tell me what good it would have done to go tearing around the countryside searching when there was an organised police search under way?   Even if the McCann's could have done that [which they couldn't as they were giving statements]  they would probably have been told to go home.   Or being accused of trying to cover up where Madeleine was.   It is cruel thing to accuse the parents of not searching for their child IMO

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2232 on: April 27, 2018, 02:15:57 PM »
My post has been edited... If you say the mccanns did not search because iyo they did not look carefully then it is reasonable to say the pj looked but did not search... I find that a ridiculous statement but according to your post it's a reasonable thing to say

Can you provide a cite that they looked carefully?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2233 on: April 27, 2018, 02:29:15 PM »
Can you provide a cite that they looked carefully?

can you provide a cite that the portuguese police or local people looked carefully

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2234 on: April 27, 2018, 02:36:30 PM »
Just so happens I was in that position in Majorca in 1985.  I know from first hand experience the terror this involves but fortunately for me it only last an hour as my three-year-old was found by the police having wandered off!

I have also been in a similar position...for about the same amount of time...so I am speaking from experience too