Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411412 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2235 on: April 27, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »
can you provide a cite that the portuguese police or local people looked carefully

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2236 on: April 27, 2018, 02:43:11 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GNR_SNIFFER.htm

they are using the word search ...but how do you know they looked thoroughly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2237 on: April 27, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
the fact that one particular statement does not contain any claims of searching does not mean there are other statements which confirmed they searched...
In Kates book she describes searching...so unless she is mistaken, she searched..
you have stated the mccanns did not search..that is your opinion ..not fact IMO

What searching did Kate describe then?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:16:47 PM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2238 on: April 27, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »
What searching did Kate describe then?
Have you not read the account in Kate's book

As soon as it was first light Gerry and I resumed our search
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:33:59 PM by Davel »

Offline John

« Reply #2239 on: April 27, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »
Maybe they went off searching in the hire car?   We will never know because a judge refused permission for it to be wire tapped.  Yet another lost opportunity.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2240 on: April 27, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »
Maybe they went off searching in the hire car?   We will never know because a judge refused permission for it to be wire tapped.  Yet another lost opportunity.

Does mounting the biggest missing child campaign not count as a form of searching, or does "searching" only concern  breaking down doors crawling on one's knees and being taken into custody on illegal entry charges?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2241 on: April 27, 2018, 06:20:10 PM »
Have you not read the account in Kate's book

As soon as it was first light Gerry and I resumed our search

It seems strange that she didn't mention this in her interview on 25th May, nor did Gerry on 7th September; both were asked and both denied physically searching.

I don't know what time first light was, but I assume it was about 6 am because Kate said they were out for an hour and they were seen in a street at 7 am by GNR officer Paulo Neto.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2242 on: April 27, 2018, 06:39:43 PM »
It seems strange that she didn't mention this in her interview on 25th May, nor did Gerry on 7th September; both were asked and both denied physically searching.

I don't know what time first light was, but I assume it was about 6 am because Kate said they were out for an hour and they were seen in a street at 7 am by GNR officer Paulo Neto.
They did not deny that they had physically searched.
You are quoting Kate from her book where she says they resumed their search....
Kate said they searched so they either did or she is lying..
This is not my opinion it is fact
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:00:51 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2243 on: April 27, 2018, 07:27:47 PM »
You are unable to
They did not deny that they had physically searched... You are misrepresenting the facts, which to a certain extent pleases me... It shows you are not accepting the truth.. IMO.. And that's why your conclusions are flawed...
You are quoting Kate from her book where she says they resumed their search.... So they either did search or you are accusing Kate of lies..

You are presenting no evidence for your claims, I see.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2244 on: April 27, 2018, 07:31:27 PM »
You are unable to
You are presenting no evidence for your claims, I see.

I can't cut and paste from Kate's, book but you are aware..as are most others that Kate, wrote, about searching in her book... I'm sure, you are, aware of that... So Kate either, searched, as, she, said or, she is mistaken.. And you have stated as fact she, did not search so are implying  she is mistaken
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:46:31 PM by slartibartfast »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2245 on: April 27, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »
I simply do not understand this.  Beyond the first morning did anyone want The Mccanns to find the dead body of their daughter?

I have read this rubbish endlessly.  There was nothing that they could do.  They had no right of access to anywhere, or a right to question anyone.  To suggest otherwise is utterly ridiculous.

And I am getting very fed up with the perpetual nastiness.  But apparently this Forum allows its members to be downright nasty.

I have to cope with that without allowing bias to affect me.  Tis mortal hard sometimes.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2246 on: April 28, 2018, 12:37:39 AM »
THey didn't have a hire car in the early days .... did they?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2247 on: April 28, 2018, 12:45:34 AM »
THey didn't have a hire car in the early days .... did they?
They took posters with them into Spain using the hire car.  Putting up posters is a form of searching.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2248 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:14 AM »

Neil Berry and Raj Balu confirm that Gerry searched.  Kate stayed home (mainly) because someone had to be there in case Madeleine suddenly came home, or the Police arrived .... whatever.  She also stayed with her twins; I bet she was terified for them too

Poor Kate and Gerry, being demeaned and slated for not searching in the early hours as their friends and others searched.  They were dealing with the Police, Looking after the twins, contacting home, moving into a different apartment and trying to gather themselves together.  THey must have been totally gutted as reality sank in.

They searched at the crack of dawn and probably hadn't slept a wink all night (all two hours of it!)

Offline sadie

« Reply #2249 on: April 28, 2018, 12:59:48 AM »
They took posters with them into Spain using the hire car.  Putting up posters is a form of searching.

Producing and putting up posters is an advanced form of searching, but I dont think they had that car for a while after Madeleine vanished, Rob.

THeir main form of searching after the initial period was organising more advanced ways of searching.    And desperately hoping that God would help them, the Pope, Fatima, the Church praying etc.

This progressed into more media savvy methods of searching with interviews with Oprah etc..... an on .... finally hitting the jackpot by getting SY involved and the re-opening of the case in PT.