Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411090 times)

Offline sadie

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2250 on: April 28, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
What would make perfect sense is being with the police encouraging further searches, not running up a hill in Praia da Luz looking as if they hadn't a care in the world.  It would be interesting to hear what a psychologist would say about it.

A psychologist would applaud them for trying to keep their sanity and clarity of mind in such circumstances.  Their medical friends too. 

It is a well known MEDICAL FACT that running (and other hard exercise) creates endomorphines which help remove stress, anxiety etc ... and rests and clears the brain.

There are any number of articles on the internet, which collectively prove that running was the best way to retain their bodily and mental health and relieve the stress and anxiety.

So clearing their brains for creative thought progressing their search

Offline sadie

« Reply #2251 on: April 28, 2018, 01:24:30 AM »

In your opinion, not mine.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lWXrpwC28yU/SM0kqZWdA8I/AAAAAAAADBk/UiW9UG1YExM/s400-R/SPX-013255.jpg

I have just enlarged the above image x 300 and taken a look at their faces.   

The eyes and the mouths give it away, brave though they are.  Poor Gerry, his eyes look like he is exhausted and has cried all night; Kates too.  Their mouths are turned down.  So sad

Offline sadie

« Reply #2252 on: April 28, 2018, 01:30:35 AM »
Madeleine could have been on top of that hill. Shame they didn't search there. I of course believe everything they say - everything for a reason ?>)()<

Insp Paiva told the hearing in Lisbon: “Kate called me, she was alone as Gerry was away and she was crying.

“She said she had dreamt that Madeleine was on a hill and that we should search for her there."

“She gave the impression that she thought she was dead – it was a turning point for us.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/portugal/6977977/Madeleine-McCann-mothers-dream-was-turning-point-in-investigation-court-hears.html

Maybe they did.
Just cos you see them jogging on the hill doesn't mean that they didn't search when they were there.  I admire them for doing their best to keep their sanity

Offline sadie

« Reply #2253 on: April 28, 2018, 01:48:51 AM »
Had they done so away from view you might have had a point but they chose to draw attention to themselves which in my view is far from normal.  There are health benefits from jogging but doing it in full public glare in those curcumstances was questionable.  Had they jogged down to the police station it might even have been beneficial in other ways too.

http://running.about.com/od/running101/a/mentalbenefits.htm

Ask SIL if you dont believe me, or better still try climbing that hill and see if the Mccanns would be in the public eye for long   *&^^&  That hill goes on and on  ... and it is terribly steep.  Unless the public were regular and fit keen joggers, dressed appropriately, they would soon be left behind

Those jogs not only increased the endomorphines, but also put them in touch with nature to lift their spirits and gave them the privacy to discuss worrying points, totally unheard by others.  The openess of the first plateaux with amazing views and with such a "vast high" sky, alone, would be exhilerating.

I never attempted the top part of their jog.  Imo, it was a mighty achievement to jog even the first part.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2254 on: April 28, 2018, 02:22:19 AM »
In what way is it indicative of "not searching" for Kate and Gerry McCann's much despised and campaigned against efforts on behalf of Madeleine McCann to have been instrumental in getting the authorities of two sovereign nations to order their forces of law and order to reinstate their official searches for her?

Madeleine's parents have striven against the odds to have Madeleine searched for to the extent of raising funds to finance private detectives to conduct searches for her when the forces of law and order were not. 
In my opinion it is entirely risible that the very members of a faction who have devoted straining every sinew to insisting in one form or another against any searches for Madeleine criticise them.

How is the stance of that transference of the aims and objectives of those who are unapologetic campaigners against searching for Madeleine McCann into the reverse propaganda distortion that the sceptic stance is not theirs but Kate and Gerry's.
In my opinion any suggestion that Kate and Gerry McCann did not search for Madeleine defies logic in the face of the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence of the years of dedicating their lives to doing just that.  Searching and keeping up campaigning to eventually be successful in getting the people with the powers to do what their private detectives could not do on Madeleine's behalf does not equate with "not searching".
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2255 on: April 28, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
Maybe they did.
Just cos you see them jogging on the hill doesn't mean that they didn't search when they were there.  I admire them for doing their best to keep their sanity

Kate thought Madeleine was on top of a hill and they ran regularly to the top of a hill.

MONDAY, JULY 23: I got up at 7.00 and went running. I was surrounded by a pack of dogs (more or less 12)—it really wasn't a nice experience. I went to the flat, high part of the cliff as I felt really alone and a little frightened. Please God, don't let Madeleine be buried here. Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2256 on: April 28, 2018, 09:48:18 AM »
Putting up posters searching, but I dont think they had that car for a while after Madeleine vanished, Rob.

THeir main form of searching after the initial period was organising more advanced ways of searching.    And desperately hoping that God would help them, the Pope, Fatima, the Church praying etc.

This progressed into more media savvy methods of searching with interviews with Oprah etc..... an on .... finally hitting the jackpot by getting SY involved and the re-opening of the case in PT.

Hitting the jackpot would be finding Maddie, all that has really happened so far has been nothing more than a blame game and a distraction.  The McCanns have a habit of saying one thing but doing the opposite. Two examples would be the promise that the Maddie fund would be transparent with no stone unturned and it ended up a secretive private entity.  Then there was the boast that they would never leave Portugal without Maddie when in reality they couldn't get out quick enough when it came to their own skins.  Pathetic really imo !!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:53:26 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2257 on: April 28, 2018, 10:22:19 AM »
Kate thought Madeleine was on top of a hill and they ran regularly to the top of a hill.

MONDAY, JULY 23: I got up at 7.00 and went running. I was surrounded by a pack of dogs (more or less 12)—it really wasn't a nice experience. I went to the flat, high part of the cliff as I felt really alone and a little frightened. Please God, don't let Madeleine be buried here. Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.

Are we reading the same cite?

"Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.

Hoping her missing child was not buried somewhere in the hills around Luz hardly equates with the probably libellous but certainly unkind assertion you make.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2258 on: April 28, 2018, 10:36:59 AM »
I can't cut and paste from Kate's, book but you are aware..as are most others that Kate, wrote, about searching in her book... I'm sure, you are, aware of that... So Kate either, searched, as, she, said or, she is mistaken.. And you have stated as fact she, did not search so are implying  she is mistaken

Kate McCann told Jenny Hill in May 2007 that she hadn't physically searched for her missing daughter. Four years later she wrote a book in which she claimed she had physically searched for her daughter. She gave those contradictory accounts, not I.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2259 on: April 28, 2018, 10:39:32 AM »
Kate McCann told Jenny Hill in May 2007 that she hadn't physically searched for her missing daughter. Four years later she wrote a book in which she claimed she had physically searched for her daughter. She gave those contradictory accounts, not I.

Kate did not say she had not physically searched... You are misunderstanding what she, said. Imo
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:27:01 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2260 on: April 28, 2018, 10:54:03 AM »
Kate did not say she had not physically searched... You are misunderstanding what she, said.. Imo

Please provide your evidence.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:27:57 AM by slartibartfast »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2261 on: April 28, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »

Evidence for what

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2262 on: April 28, 2018, 11:00:38 AM »
If you listen to the interview she was asked what she is currently doing as far as the search for Madeleine was concerned and she replied with all they things they were doing, which may not be deemed "physical" searching but which add to the efforts to find her.  That does not mean she was talking about from the moment Madeleine went missing they did no physical searching.  It's very clear if you listen to it properly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #2263 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »
Posters are warned that this goading and nitpicking must cease otherwise I will suspend accounts.

Please take heed.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2264 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »

Kate never said that they hadn't physically searched... Provide a cite, with the word.. Hadnt