Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411378 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2265 on: April 28, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »
If you listen to the interview she was asked what she is currently doing as far as the search for Madeleine was concerned and she replied with all they things they were doing, which may not be deemed "physical" searching but which add to the efforts to find her.  That does not mean she was talking about from the moment Madeleine went missing they did no physical searching.  It's very clear if you listen to it properly.

Exactly!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2266 on: April 28, 2018, 11:24:16 AM »
Kate McCann told Jenny Hill in May 2007 that she hadn't physically searched for her missing daughter. Four years later she wrote a book in which she claimed she had physically searched for her daughter. She gave those contradictory accounts, not I.

You are mistaken... Kate never said they had not physically  searched...

Offline John

« Reply #2267 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:09 AM »
So is it true to say the only physical searching the parents have been involved in was in the hours following Madeleine's disappearance?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2268 on: April 28, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
So is it true to say the only physical searching the parents have been involved in was in the hours following Madeleine's disappearance?
That's correct and understandable.... So to say they never searched is incorrect... And to say kate made contradictory statements is incorrect IMO
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:15:19 PM by slartibartfast »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2269 on: April 28, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
Are we reading the same cite?

"Please God, make sure she's alive. Please God, bring her back quickly to us.

Hoping her missing child was not buried somewhere in the hills around Luz hardly equates with the probably libellous but certainly unkind assertion you make.

Paiva said clearly in court what she told him. Go read my previous post for it.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2270 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »
Paiva said clearly in court what she told him. Go read my previous post for it.

There are many posts and even threads not only from you for reference on the forum. Paiva in my opinion hardly covered himself in glory when on the witness stand; if you recall that is from where he admitted to filing information still coming in to the enquiry into Madeleine's case file as "not relevant"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/7215353/Portuguese-police-ignored-Madeleine-McCann-leads.html

Kate mentions nothing about the alleged dream sequence in relation to a phone call to Paiva and Gerry denied it had ever happened as alleged ... his source obviously being Kate.

Quote taken from another thread ...
I mean't to post this last night but was distracted unfortunately.  I have checked Kate's book and there is no mention of any dream about seeing Madeleine on a hillside.  The only reference she makes to any dream is the one where she meets up with Madeleine at the crèche.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1739.msg150279#msg150279
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #2271 on: April 28, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »

I is the physical searching we are aware of yes,  who knows if they did other searching that hasn't been documented.   Though what searching would you suggest they did John?

Offline John

« Reply #2272 on: April 28, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »
There are many posts and even threads not only from you for reference on the forum. Paiva in my opinion hardly covered himself in glory when on the witness stand; if you recall that is from where he admitted to filing information still coming in to the enquiry into Madeleine's case file as "not relevant"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/7215353/Portuguese-police-ignored-Madeleine-McCann-leads.html

Kate mentions nothing about the alleged dream sequence in relation to a phone call to Paiva and Gerry denied it had ever happened as alleged ... his source obviously being Kate.

Quote taken from another thread ...
I mean't to post this last night but was distracted unfortunately.  I have checked Kate's book and there is no mention of any dream about seeing Madeleine on a hillside.  The only reference she makes to any dream is the one where she meets up with Madeleine at the crèche.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=1739.msg150279#msg150279

Could this be yet another example of dissociative amnesia as Detective Paiva did say his informant was in an agitated state?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2273 on: April 28, 2018, 04:13:18 PM »
That's correct and understandable.... So to say they never searched is incorrect... And to say kate made contradictory statements is incorrect IMO

JH Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?

KM we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id212.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2274 on: April 28, 2018, 04:18:23 PM »

John has said that Goading and Nitpicking must cease.  Please take note, and don't force me to start deleting.

Thank You.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2275 on: April 28, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
JH Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?

KM we have actually, in our own way, it might not be physically searching but we've been working really hard and doing absolutely everything we can, really, to get Madeleine back.

I think it is likely that they looked around the apartment and close by, but they didn’t appear to join in any of the organised searches.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2276 on: April 28, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »

Could you please quote the paragraph directly before the bit you quoted?  Thanks.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2277 on: April 28, 2018, 05:38:44 PM »
Could this be yet another example of dissociative amnesia as Detective Paiva did say his informant was in an agitated state?

If Kate had made more than one call to Paiva there would be a record of that whether landline or mobile, so if it was an important issue for the present investigators of SY or the PJ the answer to that may already be known.

I disagree entirely with the concept that Kate had dissociative amnesia. Undoubtedly there is a fair chance she must have been suffering post traumatic stress at the time but she did keep a diary covering the period in question which the PJ of the time made an illegal copy and it is alleged used accordingly.

Snip
The newspaper's full statement read: "Last week we published extracts from Kate McCann's diaries and explained in the article that we were doing so to 'nail the lies' about Kate created by selective leaking from the diaries by Portuguese police.

"We published the extracts in the belief held in good faith that we had Kate's permission to do so.

"It is now clear that our belief was misplaced, and that in fact Kate neither approved of nor knew that the extracts were to be published. Upon learning of our error we immediately removed the extracts from our website and we today offer Kate our immediate and sincere apologies."
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/sep/22/madeleinemccann.newsoftheworld

So her memory was in my opinion together enough to give the meat and bones to the alleged machinations of the Amaral team working against her ... which included Piava.
Who is to say Paiva is not the one suffering from some type of memory problem in relation to his recall of events?

However it is my firm belief that like all the other forum chit chat the allegation that Kate dreamed a dream as stated by Paiva is in the same league as the rather vapid complaint that the McCanns did no searching for their daughter.

Imagine the plethora of comment if they had gone out physically searching every day with press entourage in tow ... I seem to remember snide comment being made during a Portuguese talk show as a result of Gerry being photographed beside rocks in the sea.
The sceptics have defied logic in my opinion and have adopted a win win mantle for themselves.  The McCanns can be damned if they do and they can be damned if they don't.
Kate and Gerry have achieved the impossible in being instrumental in having the official police search for Madeleine resumed and are roundly castigated for that ... while at the same time are excoriated for "not searching".

You really couldn't make it up  8(8-))
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2278 on: April 28, 2018, 06:08:31 PM »

You claimed kate had said they hadnt searched which is untrue...hadnt is past tense...in your quote kate is referring to the present.
kate refers to searching in her book so unless she is mistaken, then they searched. You are taking your interpretation of kates words and presententing them as fact...it is your opinon and interpretation...not fact.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:23:15 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2279 on: April 28, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
Kate described how she searched in her book....her account is true or she is mistaken.......I dont see any problem with that statement..
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:23:45 PM by Angelo222 »