Author Topic: So what actual searching was there?  (Read 411132 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: So what actual searching was there?
« Reply #2280 on: April 28, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »
Could you please quote the paragraph directly before the bit you quoted?  Thanks.

You mean Jane Hill's question?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2281 on: April 28, 2018, 07:06:42 PM »
You claimed kate had said they hadnt searched which is untrue...hadnt is past tense...in your quote kate is referring to the present.
kate refers to searching in her book so unless she is mistaken, then they searched. You are taking your interpretation of kates words and presententing them as fact...it is your opinon and interpretation...not fact.

The question referred to the early searches when locals went out every day searching for Kate's daughter;

I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id212.htm

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:53:17 PM by Angelo222 »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2282 on: April 28, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »
The question referred to the early searches when locals went out every day searching for Kate's daughter;

I met people who didn't go to work for more than a week because everyday they were down on the beach, searching the streets. Did you, as a mother Kate, just sometimes think 'I've got to go and be out there with them. I want to go and just physically look as well'?

Kate searched according to her book....and I see no raeson to suspect she is mistaken...she did not join the organised searches in the days following...but she searched initially...her statements are not contradictory as you claim

If you want to beleive kate did not search and here sytetements are contradictory thats up to you...but you should not present your opinion as fact
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:08:56 AM by slartibartfast »

Offline John

« Reply #2283 on: April 28, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »
I think it is likely that they looked around the apartment and close by, but they didn’t appear to join in any of the organised searches.

That appears to be the case.  In fact Kate comments on this in 'Madeleine'.

End of Chapter 5:

"We  probably  could  have  stayed  in  our  apartment, but  who  would  have  wanted  to?  Looking  back,  it’s inexplicable,  of  course,  that  we  should  ever  have been  left  in  what  was  now  a  crime  scene.  We shouldn’t  even  have  been  allowed  to  take  things  out of  the  children’s  bedroom.  Mark  Warner  had prepared  another  flat  for  us  on  the  first  floor  of  an adjacent  block,  but  Gerry  and  I  were  in  no  condition to  be  on  our  own.  We  couldn’t  look  after  ourselves, let  alone  the  twins.  So  the  staff  put  up  two  extra  cots in  Fiona  and  David’s  apartment  and  we  carried  a sleepy  Sean  and  Amelie  into  their  sitting  room.  But  I needed  to  keep  them  close  to  me.  I  lowered  myself down  on  to  the  couch  with  Fiona.  She  took  a  twin from  me  and  we  both  sat  there  hugging  my  children. Holding  one  of  my  babies  provided  me  with  some much-needed  comfort,  albeit  fleetingly. On my insistence,  Gerry  and  Dave  went  out  again to  look  for  some  sign  of  Madeleine.  They  went  up and  down  the  beach  in  the  dark,  running,  shouting, desperate  to  find  something;  please  God,  to  find Madeleine  herself.  It  was  only  much  later  that  Gerry told  me  he’d  already  started  remembering  cases  of other  missing  children  and  acknowledging  the horrific  possibility  that  Madeleine  might  not  be  found. It  was  a  possibility  I  could  not  have  begun  to contemplate. I  don’t  know  whether  the  Mark  Warner  staff  were still  searching. I  couldn’t  see  anyone  about  by this  time,  except  for a  couple  of  GNR  police  cars  in  the  road  outside  and a  handful  of  officers  hanging  around.  None  of  them appeared  to  be  doing  very much.  I couldn’t  stand  the thought  of  nothing  happening  while  time  marched inexorably  onward.  Madeleine  could  be  miles  away by  now.  At  one  point  I  went  out  to  speak  to  the police,  needing  some  reassurance.  It  was  difficult and  exasperating  as  communication  was  so  limited, and  there  was  no  reassurance  to  be  had.  I  walked briskly  up  and  down  Rua  Dr  Agostinho  da  Silva, sometimes  breaking  into  a  jog,  clinging  to  the  hope that  I’d  spot  something  in  the  dark.  The  fear  of Madeleine  being  dumped  somewhere  and  dying  of hypothermia  started  to  hijack  my thoughts. Back  in  the  apartment  the  cold,  black  night enveloped  us  al  for  what  seemed  like  an  eternity. Dianne  and  I sat  there  just  staring  at  each  other,  sti l as  statues.  ‘It’s  so  dark,’  she  said  again  and  again.  ‘I want  the  light  to  come.’  I  felt  exactly  the  same  way. Gerry  was  stretched  out  on  a  camp  bed  with Amelie asleep  on  his  chest.  He  kept  saying,  ‘Kate,  we  need to  rest.’  He  managed  to  drift  off  but  only  briefly, certainly  for  less  than  an  hour.  I  didn’t  even  try.  I couldn’t  have  allowed  myself  to  entertain  sleep.  I  felt Madeleine’s  terror,  and  I  had  to  keep  vigil  with  her.  I needed  to  be  doing  something,  but  I  didn’t  know where  to  put  myself.  I  wandered  restlessly  in  and  out of  the  room  and  on to  the  balcony. At  long  last,  dawn broke."

Start of Chapter6:

"Friday  4  May.  Our  first  day  without  Madeleine.  As soon  as  it  was  light  Gerry  and  I resumed  our  search. We  went  up  and  down  roads  we’d  never  seen before,  having  barely  left  the  Ocean  Club  complex all week.  We  jumped  over  walls  and  raked  through undergrowth.  We  looked  in  ditches  and  holes.  All was  quiet  apart  from  the  sound  of  barking  dogs, which  added  to  the  eeriness  of  the  atmosphere.  I remember  opening  a  big  dumpster-type  bin  and saying  to  myself,  please  God,  don’t  let  her  be  in here.  The  most  striking  and  horrific  thing  about  all this  was  that  we  were  completely  alone.  Nobody else,  it  seemed,  was  out  looking  for  Madeleine.  Just us,  her  parents. We must have  been out  for  at  least  an hour  before returning  to  David  and  Fiona’s  apartment,  where Sean and Amelie  were  now up  and  about."
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 09:48:38 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2284 on: April 28, 2018, 08:04:46 PM »

Has Kate at any point ever claimed to go out with the locals every day searching the beach and streets?  Would would be the point in lying about it when her every movement was tracked by the world's media from May 4th?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2285 on: April 28, 2018, 08:31:48 PM »
"We must have  been out  for  at  least  an hour"  Well Kate did as physical search for at least an hour.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2286 on: April 28, 2018, 08:58:13 PM »
1 hour does strike as being not very long IMO.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:57:10 PM by Angelo222 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2287 on: April 29, 2018, 12:11:12 AM »
Kate McCann: "As soon  as  it  was  light  Gerry  and  I resumed  our  search." Madeleine

Fiona Payne: They wanted to go out and look and would we just keep an eye on the twins'.

Police: 'Can you remember what sort of time that was roughly''

Fiona Payne: 'Erm it was still very cold and, and dark, erm I think it was you know, between five and six.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/FIONA-PAYNE-ROGATORY.htm

4 May 2007: 04:55 - 06:02 Kate McCann mobile inactivity

4 May 2007: 01:43 - 04:20 and 04:20 - 07:06 Gerry McCann mobile inactivity

No activity on the McCanns mobiles at the time Fiona gave.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/OUSTROS_APENSOS_13_TEL.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2288 on: April 29, 2018, 12:31:44 AM »
Kate McCann: "As soon  as  it  was  light  Gerry  and  I resumed  our  search." Madeleine

Fiona Payne: They wanted to go out and look and would we just keep an eye on the twins'.

Fiona Payne: 'Erm it was still very cold and, and dark, erm I think it was you know, between five and six.

You've lost me here?  Why the reference to phone activity?  Weren't Kate, Gerry and the twins in with the Paynes and only had to ask?
What point are you making?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #2289 on: April 29, 2018, 08:41:20 AM »

Some on here have suggested that we only had The Mccanns word that they searched.

Here we have confirmation from Fiona.  Thank you PFinder.

One of the police officers saw them coming back at about 7 am too.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2290 on: April 29, 2018, 09:12:22 AM »
Some on here have suggested that we only had The Mccanns word that they searched.

Here we have confirmation from Fiona.  Thank you PFinder.

One of the police officers saw them coming back at about 7 am too.

Yes, more confirmation  that gun it is, wrong in her, claim

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2291 on: April 29, 2018, 09:31:55 AM »
When asked if she searched on 25th May 2007 Kate McCann never mentioned this hour of jumping over walls, raking through undergrowth and peering into ditches and holes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:59:10 PM by Angelo222 »
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2292 on: April 29, 2018, 09:34:13 AM »
When asked if she searched on 25th May 2007 Kate McCann never mentioned this hour of jumping over walls, raking through undergrowth and peering into ditches and holes.

She wasn't asked if she had searched.. You need to read it again... And that sounds like pretty thorough searching

Kate was asked if she felt she wanted to take part in the organised searches that took place in the week after the disappearance
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:38:51 AM by Davel »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2293 on: April 29, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
That's, a, different argument... Gun it said she did not search... She did

You cannot equate searching with going out, that is merely your interpretation.  As the parents always went out alone only they know what they did and where.  That applies to the trips away in the hire car too, nobody knows what they were doing as the magistrate refused to allow the vehicle to be bugged.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #2294 on: April 29, 2018, 01:17:07 PM »
She wasn't asked if she had searched.. You need to read it again... And that sounds like pretty thorough searching

Kate was asked if she felt she wanted to take part in the organised searches that took place in the week after the disappearance

I wonder why she was asked this... it could  be she didn't know people were searching and this is why the people in the UK were concerned as the family were telling all and sundry no one was doing anything... which of coarse isn't true at all- along with the 'jemmied shutters'  imo ,also emanating from 'the family back home'
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin