Author Topic: The name calling which marks this case out.  (Read 21073 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: The name calling which marks this case out.
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »

Indeed.
Much ado about nothing springs to mind!
Just another excuse to criticize the mother of a missing little girl.
One wonders what is achieved by this endless criticism of Madeleine's parents.

It’s not an excuse to criticise, it’s just exploring the mentality of those involved in the case to try and find any hint as to what happened on that holiday.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2018, 12:21:08 PM »
Why does being the mother of a missing child place Kate McCann above criticism?

It doesn't for criticism which is valid.
Namely their decision to leave the children in the apartment while they dined nearby.
However, the criticism extends  to their every action, word and now thought .
And I ask again what has this eleven years of criticism achieved?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »
It’s not an excuse to criticise, it’s just exploring the mentality of those involved in the case to try and find any hint as to what happened on that holiday.

Can we "explore the mentality" of everyone involved?

Offline misty

« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »

I think Kate's name calling of a few people she had direct acquaintance with pales into insignificance after comparison with this brutal blog post written by someone who has never met her.
http://laidbareblog.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Blaze%3A%20A%20mother%27s%20jealousy

Offline Erngath

« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2018, 12:56:57 PM »
I think Kate's name calling of a few people she had direct acquaintance with pales into insignificance after comparison with this brutal blog post written by someone who has never met her.
http://laidbareblog.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Blaze%3A%20A%20mother%27s%20jealousy

I couldn't read all of that!
It certainly explored Kate's mentality , but didn't give give any hint of what might have happened to Madeleine.
A very, very nasty and quite sickening blog imo.

I assume the quote in blue from Amarals book is obviously aimed at Kate??
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 12:59:35 PM by Erngath »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
I couldn't read all of that!
It certainly explored Kate's mentality , but didn't give give any hint of what might have happened to Madeleine.
A very, very nasty and quite sickening blog imo.

I assume the quote in blue from Amarals book is obviously aimed at Kate??

The one question to that Blooger could be, "Just what Mental Illness does Kate not suffer from?"

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »

It doesn't for criticism which is valid.
Namely their decision to leave the children in the apartment while they dined nearby.
However, the criticism extends  to their every action, word and now thought .
And I ask again what has this eleven years of criticism achieved?

If being the mother of a missing child doesn't disbar criticism why mention it?

You seem to be permitting criticism of one particular decision. In my opinion it's not anyone's place to tell others what they can or cannot criticise.

In many instances commentators are accused of criticising when they are actually commenting. Pointing out that the parents didn't search for their daughter is often seen as a criticism when it isn't imo.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:14:06 AM by Angelo222 »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2018, 02:17:59 PM »
The one question to that Blooger could be, "Just what Mental Illness does Kate not suffer from?"

IMO it would be the only one which could not be used as a defence in a court case.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
In my opinion she did indeed paint herself as a less than fragrant example of the "fairer" sex. Those admiring her for her honesty would, I assume, also support and admire their children if they referred to a teacher as a f*****g t****r so long as the child truly felt that way. I would be more inclined to tell them it wasn't acceptable to use that language at all.
With respect I thing that is a ridiculous analogy.  Firstly I don't believe children should abuse teachers to their face (but who has;t called a teacher a tosser or worse behindd their back) , secondly Kate McCann did not abuse a policeman to his face so no offence was caused.  If a child grows up and writes about their sadistic teachers who made their lives hell and described them as f....ing tossers in a memoir then I would be perfectly fine with that, I suppose you wouldn't?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:30:05 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »
If being the mother of a missing child doesn't disbar criticism why mention it?

You seem to be permitting criticism of one particular decision. In my opinion it's not anyone's place to tell others what they can or cannot criticise.

In many instances commentators are accused of criticising when they are actually commenting. Pointing out that the parents didn't search for their daughter is often seen as a criticism when it isn't imo.

I'm not telling anyone what they can or cannot criticize.
I am commenting that I see the endless criticism of every deed, word and now thoughts of Kate McCann puzzling, pointless and in some instances rather disturbing.
Just a personal point of view
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 10:14:36 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
There is a thread on searching so anything posted here will be removed.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2018, 11:02:07 AM »
Posters are warned that this goading and nitpicking must cease otherwise I will suspend accounts.

Please take heed.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »
Why did they wait until the police were there to behave like that?
How do you know that before the GNR arrived, they hadn't done exactly the same in the privacy of their apartment ?

How do any of us know if upon the GNR arriving, they were in further despair because someone told them that The GNR were not the "proper Police", they are actually soldiers. They were not detectives deakling with Kidnaps etc., but merely according to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Republican_Guard_(Portugal)

[The GNR is] responsible for the preventive police and highway patrol in the countryside and small towns of Mainland Portugal

also,

At national level, GNR also has duties of customs enforcement, coastal control, nature protection, search and rescue operations and state ceremonial guards of honor.

The PJ , however, are the police responsible for kidnappings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol%C3%ADcia_Judici%C3%A1ria

(Judicial Police) is the national criminal investigation police agency of Portugal, focused in fighting serious crimes, including homicides, kidnapping, organized crime, terrorism, illegal drug trade, corruption, cybercrime and financial crime. It is integrated into the Ministry of Justice, but operates under the supervision of the Public Ministry.

Were they upset, destitute even, that having waited so long, the WRONG force arrived ?

What a botch up with the Golden Hour already gone!   But with some of the "silver" hour still available !

Little wonder after the stress of waiting so long to then get the wrong force there that they collapsed, imo

Offline Lace

« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
Why did they wait until the police were there to behave like that?

Utter despair that's why,    out of their minds with worry over Madeleine,  the police take ages to arrive,  Gerry was so relieved to see them he fell to his knees,   then they weren't the police trained to help them.   So IMO there was just utter despair,  praying and crying.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2018, 02:11:05 PM »
Talking of name calling I've just noticed that someone called Darren Osbourne has been called an Idiot over 8,700 times on this forum.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly