Author Topic: Anti facebook groups etc  (Read 14579 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Anti facebook groups etc
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2022, 10:55:22 AM »
It is actually very difficult to interpret all the nuances of the legal procedures of other countries.  I think the lesson to be learned from recent exchanges is that the combative style of 'debate' doesn't really get to the root of the matter by giving the definitive answers which are obviously readily available if we look for them.

But we got there in the end - pity the route was acrimonious when it didn't have to be.

There's no way to know if a person is expressing fact or opinion without a cite. Repeating a claim ad infinitum doesn't make it a fact or progress the debate. I'm just relieved that someone had the knowledge needed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2022, 10:55:33 AM »
Two people execising their right to remain silent, both of whom spoke to the newspapers. I see no difference.
I see a difference - Kate (the mother of a missing child with no criminal record) is constantly lambasted for exercising her right, the other CB (a convicted rapist and paedophile) not so much, by the same critics of McCann.  Why not?  Any ideas?  No, that's right - no answer to that question either!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2022, 10:59:14 AM »
I see a difference - Kate (the mother of a missing child with no criminal record) is constantly lambasted for exercising her right, the other CB (a convicted rapist and paedophile) not so much, by the same critics of McCann.  Why not?  Any ideas?  No, that's right - no answer to that question either!

Because he didn't do it?

I mean, no one can prove he did can they, or that Maddie was ever really abducted in the first place either.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:02:13 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2022, 11:01:54 AM »

Both arguidos had their reasons for remaining silent. My guess is self protection was one of them.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2022, 11:12:01 AM »
Both arguidos had their reasons for remaining silent. My guess is self protection was one of them.
That is an answer to a question I didn't ask, well done!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2022, 11:35:37 AM »
Maybe give an actual alibi backed up

Depends on what exactly he was asked .
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2022, 11:44:07 AM »
There's no way to know if a person is expressing fact or opinion without a cite. Repeating a claim ad infinitum doesn't make it a fact or progress the debate. I'm just relieved that someone had the knowledge needed.

Davel undoubtedly had the fact based knowledge.

Misty researched and provided the cite.

Nothing Davel said was untrue - speculation - or flawed opinion as you suggested in your posts. Therefore my opinion is that as well as your thanks to Misty, a little contrition is also due regarding the false accusations your lack of knowledge caused you to make regarding Davel.
Who knows - could lend a little bonhomie to the forum.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2022, 11:49:55 AM »

The daily mail article backed my claim

Where is your cite for the SOL being extended

Offline sadie

« Reply #518 on: August 02, 2022, 01:58:18 AM »
It seems to be aimed at protecting the perpetrator, sure enough. If he can evade being arrested and charged until the time limit is up then he's got away with it, it seems;

A criminal statute of limitations defines a time period during which charges must be initiated for a criminal offense.[51] If a charge is filed after the statute of limitations expires, the defendant may obtain dismissal of the charge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_limitations

Jeez!

Offline sadie

« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2022, 02:00:29 AM »
Maddie's mystery ends without blame
New suspects can no longer be investigated for the death of the British girl, with the exception of Bruckner, who was charged on 21 April.

Magali Pinto
May 3, 2022
It's been 15 years since Maddie McCann disappeared without a scan. The British child, daughter of two doctors, was vacationing with her family at Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, when she was no longer seen on May 3, 2007. Fifteen years later, the criminal proceedings prescribe, in the sense that new suspects of kidnapping and death cannot be investigated, with the exception of Christian Bruckner, who was accused two weeks ago by the public prosecutor.
https://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/misterio-de-maddie-termina-sem-culpados?ref=Mais%20Sobre_BlocoMaisSobre

How disgusting.  A new method of corruption?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2022, 06:56:48 AM »
Davel undoubtedly had the fact based knowledge.

Misty researched and provided the cite.

Nothing Davel said was untrue - speculation - or flawed opinion as you suggested in your posts. Therefore my opinion is that as well as your thanks to Misty, a little contrition is also due regarding the false accusations your lack of knowledge caused you to make regarding Davel.
Who knows - could lend a little bonhomie to the forum.

I achieved what I asked for; a cite. I will continue to ask if cites aren't supplied. End of.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2022, 07:36:40 AM »
I achieved what I asked for; a cite. I will continue to ask if cites aren't supplied. End of.
Why don’t you have to supply cites when asked though?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2022, 07:37:58 AM »
You don't seem to understand that the SOL hasn't expired, it's been extended.

Cite please.... Third request

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2022, 09:17:19 AM »

Where's the cite for Wolters reasons he can't share the concrete evidence with the McCanns?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2022, 09:36:12 AM »

The SOL would have expired on 3rd May 2022. It was, however, interupted by making CB an arguido before that date. The effect of that interuption appears to be extending the SOL to end on 3rd May 2037. 

2. THE EFFECTS OF INTERRUPTION
44. In all the legal systems examined which include this mechanism, interruption of the
limitation period has the effect of stopping the period from running, erasing the
period which has already elapsed prior to the act interrupting the limitation period
and restarting a new limitation period of equal length to the limitation period
provided by law (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Romania
and Spain).
https://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs/application/pdf/2019-12/ndr-2017-005_synthese_en_neutralisee_finale.pdf

Result = happy posting.