Author Topic: Is it immoral to think Madeleine was abducted and murdered?  (Read 6498 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Is it immoral to think Madeleine was abducted and murdered?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2022, 10:54:49 AM »
There was a tendency at one point to use the McCann's lack of previous wrongdoing and the fact that they were doctors to suggest that they were unlikely to be involved. I think posts such as the one you mention were demonstrating that people's pasts and/or their jobs are not 'proof' of innocence. To some extent CB's past is being used by some as if it were 'proof' of guilt.

Just as the McCanns became 'poor', 'suffering' and 'doctors' to emphasise a message, so CB has become 'vile', peodophile' and 'rapist' to achieve another.

Yeah, he's not a particularly nice bloke but the evidence he's a murderer is found wanting really.
Still, if he is, at least he only abducted & murdered the one child then gave up doing it after that.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »
There was a tendency at one point to use the McCann's lack of previous wrongdoing and the fact that they were doctors to suggest that they were unlikely to be involved. I think posts such as the one you mention were demonstrating that people's pasts and/or their jobs are not 'proof' of innocence. To some extent CB's past is being used by some as if it were 'proof' of guilt.

Just as the McCanns became 'poor', 'suffering' and 'doctors' to emphasise a message, so CB has become 'vile', peodophile' and 'rapist' to achieve another.

....and not only this, but if you happen to believe Brueckner innocent based on the glaring absence of credible evidence you are accused of supporting paedophiles. I don't mind playing up to that demand though, I mean, there's nothing to talk about in way of evidence Brueckner abducted Maddie so might as well do something to pass the time until Wolters wraps things up.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 11:16:29 AM »

There's certainly a very prevalent view on this forum, particularly amongst its owner and his right hand man - that because CB has no previous history as an abductor or  killer then it means he's unlikely to have committed the crime.  You don't seem to have a problem with that argument? 

But actually, it's completely off-topic anyway, this thread is about my (and others) apparent lack of a moral compass because we share the police opinion that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger and likely murdered.  Do you think that makes us immoral?  If so, why?  Are the police immoral too for pursuing this line of investigation?  Do you think they "get off on the fantasy" that this is what happened to Madeleine, because that is what we on this forum are being accused of - is it a fair accusation in your view?

I realise there's absolutely zero chance of you posting an on topic response but I thought I'd ask anyway. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
Yeah, he's not a particularly nice bloke but the evidence he's a murderer is found wanting really.
Still, if he is, at least he only abducted & murdered the one child then gave up doing it after that.

Brueckner did admit to a friend that he'd "accidentally killed" an ex-girlfriend at some time in the past.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-told-friend-25459666

Without knowing who the victim was, it would appear that he is capable of killing someone, despite not having such a crime listed on his rap sheet.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »
Brueckner did admit to a friend that he'd "accidentally killed" an ex-girlfriend at some time in the past.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-told-friend-25459666

Without knowing who the victim was, it would appear that he is capable of killing someone, despite not having such a crime listed on his rap sheet.

Anyone is capable of killing someone.

Seems he was never charged with murder though, so maybe it was an accident, that's possible isn't it, or maybe Wolters will reopen that case when he's finished convicting Brueckner for murdering Maddie, or maybe he just hasn't murdered anyone.

Offline jassi

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »

You are making the assumption that this statement by ''a friend' is true.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2022, 11:36:28 AM »
You are making the assumption that this statement by ''a friend' is true.

Well it is, because they said so, that's how things work you see.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
All very fascinating but nothing to do with the alleged immorality in holding the opinion that CB is involved in Madeleine's disappearance. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2022, 11:43:54 AM »
All very fascinating but nothing to do with the alleged immorality in holding the opinion that CB is involved in Madeleine's disappearance.

I never got any answers on my thread either, so I wouldn't worry about it really.

Maybe start a thread listing all the abduction evidence instead, we'd have plenty to talk about then.

Offline misty

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2022, 11:48:09 AM »
I never got any answers on my thread either, so I wouldn't worry about it really.

Maybe start a thread listing all the abduction evidence instead, we'd have plenty to talk about then.

I'd be more interested in seeing a thread listing reasons why Brueckner couldn't possibly have abducted and murdered Madeleine. There must be a great long list of sceptic's evidence which proves he didn't do it.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2022, 11:49:34 AM »
I'd be more interested in seeing a thread listing reasons why Brueckner couldn't possibly have abducted and murdered Madeleine. There must be a great long list of sceptic's evidence which proves he didn't do it.

Well that's easy, what evidence do you have Maddie was abducted in the first place?

Is it because the McCanns said so?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2022, 11:54:55 AM »
There's certainly a very prevalent view on this forum, particularly amongst its owner and his right hand man - that because CB has no previous history as an abductor or  killer then it means he's unlikely to have committed the crime.  You don't seem to have a problem with that argument? 

But actually, it's completely off-topic anyway, this thread is about my (and others) apparent lack of a moral compass because we share the police opinion that Madeleine was abducted by a stranger and likely murdered.  Do you think that makes us immoral?  If so, why?  Are the police immoral too for pursuing this line of investigation?  Do you think they "get off on the fantasy" that this is what happened to Madeleine, because that is what we on this forum are being accused of - is it a fair accusation in your view?

I realise there's absolutely zero chance of you posting an on topic response but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I don't know what I think at the moment, but I am certain sure that The McCanns didn't harm Madeleine or dispose of her body.

Is that considered by some to be immoral?  Not that this would bother me in the slightest.  My thoughts work on logic which has always been lacking in so many.

There must be some nasty hive mentality at work here.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2022, 11:55:55 AM »
I don't know what I think at the moment, but I am certain sure that The McCanns didn't harm Madeleine or dispose of her body.

Is that considered by some to be immoral?  Not that this would bother me in the slightest.  My thoughts work on logic which has always been lacking in so many.

There must be some nasty hive mentality at work here.

How so?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2022, 11:57:38 AM »

I doubt that.  But He isn't The McCanns you see.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2022, 12:00:21 PM »
I doubt that.  But He isn't The McCanns you see.

He isn't a murderer either, certainly, Wolters can't prove as much, despite his overtures.