Author Topic: Yvonne Martin witness statement  (Read 20325 times)

Offline Rossb

Yvonne Martin witness statement
« on: August 19, 2022, 08:39:11 AM »
Is it me or is this one strange 'witness' statement?
Not sure if its been discussed, but i find it peculiar how she was intentionally trying to help the mccanns!

Offline Eleanor

Re: Yvonne Martin witness statement
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »
Not sure if its been discussed, but i find it peculiar how she was intentionally trying to help the mccanns!

I am not too sure about Yvonne Martin's intention to help.  But it was certainly ill timed.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 09:22:51 AM »

Yes it has been discussed on the forum but if you feel it is worth revisiting fire ahead with it, why not.
Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg501941#msg501941
Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9191.msg448131#msg448131
Was social worker Yvonne Martin right to approach the McCanns with help? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2631.msg84657#msg84657
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Rossb

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:33:31 AM »
Yes it has been discussed on the forum but if you feel it is worth revisiting fire ahead with it, why not.
Why was Yvonne Martin's offer of help dismissed so readily? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10418.msg501941#msg501941
Yvonne Martin - how much information did she really uncover? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=9191.msg448131#msg448131
Was social worker Yvonne Martin right to approach the McCanns with help? https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2631.msg84657#msg84657

I personally cant see how she was their to help, supposing she would either comfort them or help search. Not ask are you the real father lol, or dish out a crb check and credentials. Who carries them on holiday anyways.

Offline Rossb

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 09:38:20 AM »
I am not too sure about Yvonne Martin's intention to help.  But it was certainly ill timed.

I agree with kate said what was she hoping to acchieve.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 09:45:25 AM »
9am on the morning after Madeleine disappeared was a bit premature, I thought.  Yvonne Martin must have been hot on the ball to turn up that early.

Offline Rossb

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 10:08:03 AM »

I will have a look at the links shortly or later. I think its an important but fruitless topic haha.
If you know what i mean. But thanks for sending.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »
I will have a look at the links shortly or later. I think its an important but fruitless topic haha.

So why Post it?  I don't want to be getting involved with fruitless junk.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 11:32:12 AM »
So why Post it?  I don't want to be getting involved with fruitless junk.

You’re here….I’m afraid that bird has flown!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 11:38:22 AM »
You’re here….I’m afraid that bird has flown!

Don't you believe it.  I am here because I want to be and for my own reasons.

Why are you here?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 11:56:30 AM »

It is commonly assumed that everyone associated with this case was operating to an ulterior motive.

The majority of whom had absolutely no choice in the matter.  They were there in situ when Madeleine was abducted and I bet all of them were wishing at the time and subsequently that they, and Madeleine, were a million miles away!

Yvonne Martin falls into the first category.  Exactly what was she doing there?  And what the Hell were the authorities doing by allowing unauthorised individuals access to material witnesses?  Particularly one who had inveigled her way into the locus by deception!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Rossb

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 12:01:59 PM »
Don't you believe it.  I am here because I want to be and for my own reasons.

Why are you here?

What i mean is that its important because of what she done and could of caused damage. But essentially by fruiess i dont think theor was a need for police to take a statement. But it seems her statement is or was important in for amti groups to use it against them, thats what i mean by fruitless.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 12:43:09 PM »
What i mean is that its important because of what she done and could of caused damage. But essentially by fruiess i dont think theor was a need for police to take a statement. But it seems her statement is or was important in for amti groups to use it against them, thats what i mean by fruitless.
Under normal circumstances we would probably never have heard of Yvonne Martin or the many individuals who give confidential statements in a police inquiry.

I think the majority would be appalled.

I rather think that Yvonne Martin may very well number amongst them.

As far as I know she has never once sought to "cash in" on her 'notoriety' in any way whatsoever.

I think there is an important side issue here regarding public confidence.  It is one thing making a statement which might later be tested when presented in a court of law.  It is a different matter if your confidentiality is breached by your police statement appearing in the public domain without your consent.

Please - NOBODY come back at me protesting it is part of the Portuguese process when it patently is not.  This is unique and I know it is until somebody shows me internet case files in other Portuguese cases.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you point out the use made of the McCann files.  Sheer nasty propaganda - and as such I think publication must be a sheer embarrassment to someone working in a caring profession.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 12:45:26 PM »
Under normal circumstances we would probably never have heard of Yvonne Martin or the many individuals who give confidential statements in a police inquiry.

I think the majority would be appalled.

I rather think that Yvonne Martin may very well number amongst them.

As far as I know she has never once sought to "cash in" on her 'notoriety' in any way whatsoever.

I think there is an important side issue here regarding public confidence.  It is one thing making a statement which might later be tested when presented in a court of law.  It is a different matter if your confidentiality is breached by your police statement appearing in the public domain without your consent.

Please - NOBODY come back at me protesting it is part of the Portuguese process when it patently is not.  This is unique and I know it is until somebody shows me internet case files in other Portuguese cases.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you point out the use made of the McCann files.  Sheer nasty propaganda - and as such I think publication must be a sheer embarrassment to someone working in a caring profession.
Very true.  Let's see the files on the Cipriano case for example.  Mind you even if they were available our Portuguese friends would probably not be interested in translating them, as they're bound to be something of a major national embarrassment.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 01:06:19 PM »

Did you know that this supposedly well meant Social Worker then went Anonymous?