Author Topic: Likes  (Read 27804 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Likes
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2018, 09:35:35 AM »
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"
I never did like Rabbie Burns, and in any case I know exactly how some people see me.  I did spell it out but for some reason the moderator chose to delete my post, funny that.
Now, for the second time of asking (a waste of time on my part, I know) why do you think the most popular post on the entire forum is not one making an important point about the case, but one in which a McCann supporter is put in their place by a sceptic moderator?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2018, 09:44:58 AM »
On a different but related subject has anyone noticed how Kipper the most “like giving” member (who never made a single post in their forum life and who liked virtually ALL of Stephen’s posts to make him the most liked forum member ever) stopped liking posts over a year ago.  Now, when did Stephen leave the forum...?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
I see Eleanor's post is still the most liked with 9 and yet from what I have read Slartibartfast's has 10 likes.

Vertigo Swirl perhaps there were a number of likes for Slartibart's post for 2 reasons one it was funny and two it was accurate.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
I see Eleanor's post is still the most liked with 9 and yet from what I have read Slartibartfast's has 10 likes.

Vertigo Swirl perhaps there were a number of likes for Slartibart's post for 2 reasons one it was funny and two it was accurate.
In what way was it either funny or accurate?  Perhaps you would like to explain.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »
In what way was it either funny or accurate?  Perhaps you would like to explain.

Sorry I was busy.

Obviously as beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is humour.

Quote from: Vertigo Swirl on August 22, 2018, 04:57:09 PM
IMO discussion is regularly closed down on this forum by sceptics - those who refuse to answer questions or to be drawn into discussing their opinions, their theories or to say what they really think, who deflect with ad homs, strawmen and other tactics.  I'm all for completely open and honest exchange of views, but that doesn't seem popular with some sceptics.

You managed to type that with a straight face?

Funny?  Well as I said that is dependant upon whether you are a sceptic or supporter.

Accurate, well IMO the post was as so far I have found that what you have said there is as far from the truth as is possible, hence why Slartibartfast's post is accurate too.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »
Sorry I was busy.

Obviously as beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is humour.

Quote from: Vertigo Swirl on August 22, 2018, 04:57:09 PM
IMO discussion is regularly closed down on this forum by sceptics - those who refuse to answer questions or to be drawn into discussing their opinions, their theories or to say what they really think, who deflect with ad homs, strawmen and other tactics.  I'm all for completely open and honest exchange of views, but that doesn't seem popular with some sceptics.

You managed to type that with a straight face?

Funny?  Well as I said that is dependant upon whether you are a sceptic or supporter.

Accurate, well IMO the post was as so far I have found that what you have said there is as far from the truth as is possible, hence why Slartibartfast's post is accurate too.
What I wrote was sincere, and therefore I was not attempting to be humorous.  So, in your opinion I was the butt of a (IMO not very funny) joke made by a forum moderator, which was liked by more people than have ever liked any post  written on this forum before.  It is in short the pinnacle of all posts ever written, and it is a post that contributes nothing apart from to put down a supporter, suggesting they are lying, hypocritical or deluded, or all three.  This indicates that most or all sceptics believe I am a liar, deluded or hypocritical or all three, in short that I am a pretty contemptible member of the forum that deserves to be ridiculed.  Thanks for bringing this issue to the forum’s attention, it really makes me feel very valued and appreciated.  @)(++(*

Offline Sunny

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2018, 07:32:07 PM »
What I wrote was sincere, and therefore I was not attempting to be humorous.  So, in your opinion I was the butt of a (IMO not very funny) joke made by a forum moderator, which was liked by more people than have ever liked any post  written on this forum before.  It is in short the pinnacle of all posts ever written, and it is a post that contributes nothing apart from to put down a supporter, suggesting they are lying, hypocritical or deluded, or all three.  This indicates that most or all sceptics believe I am a liar, deluded or hypocritical or all three, in short that I am a pretty contemptible member of the forum that deserves to be ridiculed.  Thanks for bringing this issue to the forum’s attention, it really makes me feel very valued and appreciated.  @)(++(*

Seeing as a reasonable percentage of your posts (IMO) have been moaning about some aspect or other of this forum I wonder why you are here at all Vertigo Swirl. Perhaps you could explain why to me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2018, 07:48:25 PM »
Seeing as a reasonable percentage of your posts (IMO) have been moaning about some aspect or other of this forum I wonder why you are here at all Vertigo Swirl. Perhaps you could explain why to me.
Your post is off topic.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:37 AM »
Goodness Me.  I didn't know this Thread was here, and I have never before looked at The Like Stats.  I was only alerted to it by a Deletion Notification.
I am not sure that I deserve the honour as my comment was only intended as a joke.  But thanks anyway.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2018, 09:48:41 AM »
On a different but related subject has anyone noticed how Kipper the most “like giving” member (who never made a single post in their forum life and who liked virtually ALL of Stephen’s posts to make him the most liked forum member ever) stopped liking posts over a year ago.  Now, when did Stephen leave the forum...?

The same thoughts had crossed my mind. ^*&&
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »
I never did like Rabbie Burns, and in any case I know exactly how some people see me.  I did spell it out but for some reason the moderator chose to delete my post, funny that.
Now, for the second time of asking (a waste of time on my part, I know) why do you think the most popular post on the entire forum is not one making an important point about the case, but one in which a McCann supporter is put in their place by a sceptic moderator?

I'll forgive your remark about our national bard. 8)><(
I hadn't realised just how unpopular you are with the sceptics. 8(8-))
Must be touching a few nerves somewhere.
Keep up the good work. 8((()*/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:56:40 AM by Erngath »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
I'll forgive your remark about our national bard. 8)><(
I hadn't realised just how unpopular you are with the sceptics. 8(8-))
Must be touching a few nerves somewhere.
Keep up the good work. 8((()*/

Is Robbie Burns the national bard of the English too Erngath? I never knew that.

Back on to my earlier post I see Slartibart's post has 10 likes and Eleanor's has 9. Eleanor's post is still down as the most liked post.

IMO neither post is amazing or particularly thought provoking but it is disappointing that the most liked message on here is actually NOT the most liked post.  Perhaps John could look into it.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2018, 11:33:50 AM »
Is Robbie Burns the national bard of the English too Erngath? I never knew that.

Back on to my earlier post I see Slartibart's post has 10 likes and Eleanor's has 9. Eleanor's post is still down as the most liked post.

IMO neither post is amazing or particularly thought provoking but it is disappointing that the most liked message on here is actually NOT the most liked post.  Perhaps John could look into it.

Where did I say that Robert Burns was the national bard for the English?

I do believe John has enough to do without being concerned by irrelevant details.
In my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:37:04 AM by Erngath »

Offline Sunny

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »

Where did I say that Robert Burns was the national bard for the English?

Perhaps I misread your post Erngath. It was the use of the word "our" to Vertigo Swirl.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2018, 11:37:30 AM »
Erngath I have a guilty secret. I actually like Robbie Burns (well some of it) and I am not Scottish.