Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1464059 times)

Offline pegasus

Wandering Off Topic
« on: February 20, 2016, 12:35:47 AM »
This thread is for posts which wandered off topic on other threads.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:13:18 PM by John »

Offline ShiningInLuz

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »
This thread is for posts which wandered off topic on other threads.
I have thought for a while that a small topic index would be of use.

I seem to be having quite major problems with the forum software since I upgraded to Windows 10.  A lot of features that worked before have ceased to work now.

One of those is the Search feature.  If I search for something I know for certain exists, I get told there is nothing.  Hence I have a propensity towards topic drift, simply because I cannot find the right one.

I don't know exactly what the top 10 or top 20 topics would be, but surely the dogs, Smithman, Tannerman, Operation Grange and PJ/Gonçalo Amaral would be in there.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »
I have thought for a while that a small topic index would be of use.

I seem to be having quite major problems with the forum software since I upgraded to Windows 10.  A lot of features that worked before have ceased to work now.

One of those is the Search feature.  If I search for something I know for certain exists, I get told there is nothing.  Hence I have a propensity towards topic drift, simply because I cannot find the right one.

I don't know exactly what the top 10 or top 20 topics would be, but surely the dogs, Smithman, Tannerman, Operation Grange and PJ/Gonçalo Amaral would be in there.

Being facetious by nature SiL I thought a starter for 10 would be good.
Dogs...........some swear by 'em others at 'em. Hard to see why K9s have been used for 30 years or more if they are so kin useless.
Smithman...... some think is he is a figment of the imagination. O.G. don't however if one was to believe what DCI Andy said in October 2013
Tannerman.... greased by DCI Andy over two years ago. Consign to the bin.
O.G...remains on going but with reduced staff since the back end of last year (October I think). Was that because they were within an ace of arrests (four months ago?!) or just winding down.
P.J.... still doing something but we don't really know what. They have primacy however.
Sr Amaral.... yesterday's man; nuff said.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »
Dogs...........some swear by 'em others at 'em. Hard to see why K9s have been used for 30 years or more if they are so kin useless.
Smithman...... some think is he is a figment of the imagination. O.G. don't however if one was to believe what DCI Andy said in October 2013
O.G...remains on going but with reduced staff since the back end of last year (October I think). Was that because they were within an ace of arrests (four months ago?!) or just winding down.
P.J.... still doing something but we don't really know what. They have primacy however.
To be honest, I was thinking of a sticky with topics and a link to the correct thread, a sort of forum sitemap.

Wandering off topic (can one on this thread?) the latest info on Tannerman was Dec 2015, when in a very curious response, SY said they were still looking for more info on him, and the public should follow that line of thinking.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 03:15:08 PM »
To be honest, I was thinking of a sticky with topics and a link to the correct thread, a sort of forum sitemap.

Wandering off topic (can one on this thread?) the latest info on Tannerman was Dec 2015, when in a very curious response, SY said they were still looking for more info on him, and the public should follow that line of thinking.

Tell us more. I missed that on the Met website; where is it?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 03:38:20 PM »
Have you considered a career in stand up?  You really are a hoot and a half.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
Have you considered a career in stand up?  You really are a hoot and a half.

The truth frequently is droll.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
This was wandering off topic on another thread, but IMO is interesting, so have put it here
There's the watch on the 4th May. Shame he can't tell the time  - 10:03 where did you get time from Mr McCann  8)--))

That photo is not on the 4th Pathfinder, it's on the 5th, IMO.
Have you noticed there were two different men alternately carrying that baguette.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:58:41 PM by pegasus »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 04:12:58 PM »
Tell us more. I missed that on the Met website; where is it?
I have no reason to think it is on the Met website, unless you can point me at a section for FOI requests.

It is on the CMoMM forum, in the section on FOI requests.

Mr Bennett submitted an FOI.  For some reason SY decided to respond, but not as an FOI, rather as Business As Usual.  I do not know what SY BAU means.  I thought it was to not provide a running commentary on Operation Grange.

Mr Bennett's first question was whether the public should now discount the Tannerman sighting, and cease to send information on it.  The gist of the reply is that the public should continue to send information re Tannerman.  I take this to mean Tannerman is not done and dusted.

Mr Bennett's second question was whether the public should now cease to send information re Smithman.  The gist of the reply is that the public should continue to send information re Smithman.  I take this to mean Smithman is not done and dusted, whatever that should actually mean in this instance.

Mr Bennett published the response in full, so precise details such as date of response, wording of questions, wording of answers and the name of the person responding and his role/position within SY are all transparent.

If you wish to check it out, please visit CMoMM FOI section for yourself.  I'm not sure what forum policy here is to links to there and equally, I do not wish to cut and paste material from there to here.
What's up, old man?

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »
I have no reason to think it is on the Met website, unless you can point me at a section for FOI requests.

Mr Bennett submitted an FOI.  For some reason SY decided to respond, but not as an FOI, rather as Business As Usual.  I do not know what SY BAU means.  I thought it was to not provide a running commentary on Operation Grange.

Mr Bennett's first question was whether the public should now discount the Tannerman sighting, and cease to send information on it.  The gist of the reply is that the public should continue to send information re Tannerman.  I take this to mean Tannerman is not done and dusted.

Mr Bennett's second question was whether the public should now cease to send information re Smithman.  The gist of the reply is that the public should continue to send information re Smithman.  I take this to mean Smithman is not done and dusted, whatever that should actually mean in this instance.

Mr Bennett published the response in full, so precise details such as date of response, wording of questions, wording of answers and the name of the person responding and his role/position within SY are all transparent.

If you wish to check it out, please visit CMoMM FOI section for yourself.  I'm not sure what forum policy here is to links to there and equally, I do not wish to cut and paste material from there to here.
Thanks SiL. I had seen that a while ago and couldn't make up my mind about it. The Met playing it with a straight bat saying "still send us anything you got" ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 05:13:15 PM »

confirms another one of my assertions that Tannerman has not been eliminated

Offline pegasus

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
confirms another one of my assertions that Tannerman has not been eliminated
Davel do you mean the man in SY's blurred photo is not Tannerman?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »
Back to the photo from Pathfinder. And the 2 baguette men. One obviously is the resort manager. The other is the car driver, who did he work for?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:15:51 PM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
I intended this thread strictly only for discussions that originated on another thread and got thrown off for being off-topic.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
Thanks SiL. I had seen that a while ago and couldn't make up my mind about it. The Met playing it with a straight bat saying "still send us anything you got" ?
I'm really not sure.

At first, I thought it was clear communication that both Tannerman and Smithman were still in the frame.

Then the FOI v Business as Usual bit percolated through.  Why not answer an FOI under FOI law?  Why claim there is a Business As Usual terms of engagement?

In reality, it could be a lot of things.  OG dodging an FOI request for operational reasons.  Someone dodging an FOI request to prevent the reality being told.  Other options.

Hmmm, very curious.
What's up, old man?