Author Topic: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.  (Read 8133 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: The Portuguese Police apologise to the McCanns.
« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2023, 05:58:34 PM »
No he still has,it but from what he says he thinks they may be able to find the body

Oh,.... ok.

Mentioning body just makes you feel so sad to remember no matter what Maddy didn't stand a chance at 3 year old.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2023, 06:44:10 PM »
Oh,.... ok.

Mentioning body just makes you feel so sad to remember no matter what Maddy didn't stand a chance at 3 year old.
I agree...very,very sad

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2023, 06:59:34 PM »

It was sad but I'm over it now. It was 16 years ago after all & she wasn't my daughter so I don't really care that much anymore.
What I do find sad though is that Christian Brueckner's right to the presumption of innocence isn't being respected.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2023, 10:32:32 AM »

Does anyone know why Germany felt obliged to pursue Brueckner for crimes committed in Portugal?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2023, 05:24:45 PM »
Does anyone know why Germany felt obliged to pursue Brueckner for crimes committed in Portugal?
Maybe because he is a German national and the German police knew that the Portuguese weren’t interested in bringing anyone to justice for these crimes?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #230 on: November 11, 2023, 02:38:35 AM »

It is in accordance with German law. When a crime is suspected the police and prosecutors are obliged to investigate it.
That is why Diane Menke got justice in 2019 for crimes committed against her in 2005 and why there are five other crimes coming to trial perhaps in February 2024 or maybe March.

The BKA uncovered crimes during the Madeleine investigation and there were probably more but these are probably the only ones they have evidence to pursue.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #231 on: November 11, 2023, 09:02:56 AM »

There was so much chat in the beginning about The Fact that only Portugal could indict the McCanns that it came as some surprise to me that this is obviously Not True.  But this was only happening because The Portuguese PJ were convinced that The McCanns were guilty and no one else was.  And The Sceptics desperately wanted Kate and Gerry done for.  How very disappointed they must have been when that all fell flat on it's face.  Hence the great endeavours now to defend Brueckner.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #232 on: November 11, 2023, 11:28:49 AM »

To be fair, we don't actually need to go to great lengths to defend Brueckner. Because he isn't being charged with anything relating to Maddie. Not today, nor tomorrow, next year or ever.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #233 on: November 11, 2023, 12:44:29 PM »
Maybe because he is a German national and the German police knew that the Portuguese weren’t interested in bringing anyone to justice for these crimes?

Or publicity What bigger high profile case in the world it seems to use to get CB face out there. seems it succeeded.

as B has posed below.

why there are five other crimes coming to trial perhaps in February 2024 or maybe March.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #234 on: November 11, 2023, 05:37:10 PM »
Or publicity What bigger high profile case in the world it seems to use to get CB face out there. seems it succeeded.

as B has posed below.

why there are five other crimes coming to trial perhaps in February 2024 or maybe March.

That wasn’t the question asked - go back and re-read it before commenting again.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #235 on: November 12, 2023, 11:31:31 AM »
That wasn’t the question asked - go back and re-read it before commenting again.

Oi who made you head prefect...but never mind I wont burst your bubble....and will oblige.

German police knew that the Portuguese weren’t interested in bringing anyone to justice for these crimes?

Your wrong there IMO

They were interested.. but seems with all the UK interference - were not allowed to pursue there investigation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #236 on: November 12, 2023, 05:46:45 PM »
Oi who made you head prefect...but never mind I wont burst your bubble....and will oblige.

German police knew that the Portuguese weren’t interested in bringing anyone to justice for these crimes?

Your wrong there IMO

They were interested.. but seems with all the UK interference - were not allowed to pursue there investigation.
I am not wrong, I was talking about the rape, indecent exposure and child molestation crimes.  Did the UK prevent the PJ from pursuing those investigations? 

Offline jassi

« Reply #237 on: November 12, 2023, 08:48:27 PM »

Your wrong there IMO

Chalk monitor rather than head prefect, I think
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2023, 08:49:20 PM »

Chalk monitor rather than head prefect, I think
@)(++(* 8((()*/

Offline Carana

« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2024, 04:37:54 PM »
It is in accordance with German law. When a crime is suspected the police and prosecutors are obliged to investigate it.
That is why Diane Menke got justice in 2019 for crimes committed against her in 2005 and why there are five other crimes coming to trial perhaps in February 2024 or maybe March.

The BKA uncovered crimes during the Madeleine investigation and there were probably more but these are probably the only ones they have evidence to pursue.

Sadly, no one seems interested in what really happened to little Joana Cipriano, even though Bruckner had a home around 10 mins drive away. What I haven't been able to find is whether he was actually around there at the time (he was earlier in the year; stopped by road police).