Author Topic: Was the killer taken off the streets?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline John

Was the killer taken off the streets?
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:14:00 AM »
Something I notice which hasn't quite caught many people's attention is the fact that the Jodi Jones murder has never been repeated anywhere in Scotland.

This was a brutal murder of a young woman walking alone along a quiet rural path. The viciousness of the attack and the manner in which it was carried out would tend to suggest some form of premeditation.  After almost 18 years however, this murder stands as one of the most callous, if not the most callous, in modern day Scotland. The killer of Jodi Jones would not be the sort to quietly disappear for ever having got away with it once.

Could it be that the culprit is already behind bars?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 11:30:58 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

Re: Was the killer taken off the streets?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:35:25 PM »
Something I notice which hasn't quite caught many people's attention is the fact that the Jodi Jones murder has never been repeated anywhere in Scotland.

This was a brutal murder of a young woman walking alone along a quiet rural path. The viciousness of the attack and the manner in which it was carried out would tend to suggest some form of premeditation.  After almost 18 years however, this murder stands as one of the most callous, if not the most callous, in modern day Scotland. The killer of Jodi Jones would not be the sort to quietly disappear for ever having got away with it once.

Good point and I will add that given it was a one-off then it is more than likely it was committed by someone she knew well.

ETA.  If it had been a family member as suggested by Inspector Clouseau-Lean then they would have exibited the trait further down the line.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 12:38:35 PM »

I think Jodi's murderer is safely behind bars and I think the trial judge took extraordinary measures to keep him there for as long as it was possible to do so.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 01:08:45 PM »
I think Jodi's murderer is safely behind bars and I think the trial judge took extraordinary measures to keep him there for as long as it was possible to do so.

And then some?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/rape-kit-man-begins-life-sentence-sex-attack-2470061
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 01:34:38 PM »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

That may be so but perhaps not Luke Mitchell and perhaps for a completely different crime. Of course there’s also suicide, he moved to another part of the country, was killed in a road traffic accident or one of a hudred other scenarios.

You say that the manner in which it was carried out suggests some form of premeditation. If it was Luke what do you think his motive was?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 08:55:40 AM »
That may be so but perhaps not Luke Mitchell and perhaps for a completely different crime. Of course there’s also suicide, he moved to another part of the country, was killed in a road traffic accident or one of a hudred other scenarios.

You say that the manner in which it was carried out suggests some form of premeditation. If it was Luke what do you think his motive was?
Extreme misogyny and a desire to kill a female?  What motive did ANYONE have for carrying out such an act of butchery?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline DanniCash

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 09:01:56 AM »
I remember him quite well, looked as if butter wouldn't melt.

This is the one you said confessed John? How do you know he confessed?