Author Topic: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?  (Read 14572 times)

Online G-Unit

Re: Is the Labour Party in danger of imploding?
« Reply #495 on: June 16, 2017, 07:44:38 AM »

PIP was DLA. DLA extended beyond the age of 65. Today it's replacement, PIP, stops at 65. There is a thingy called Care Allowance or some such which is available for those who are just about completely hepless. It leaves a ruck of people over 65 who may find their ability to escape the prison of their own four walls is severely limited because they cannot afford the wherewithall and there is no longer a state funded system to help them.

I don't know a lot about disability allowances, except that they were subjected to cuts too.
Accept nothing
Believe no-one
Confirm everything

Offline Alice Purjorick

• One man's style must not be the rule of another's.
« Reply #496 on: June 16, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »
I don't know a lot about disability allowances, except that they were subjected to cuts too.

PIP stops at 64
If you were claiming higher mobility allowance before PIP came in you can keep it and all the associated benefits like free car tax etc. If you became less mobile after 65 and after PIP you are entitled to nothing. The official line being [seriously] "once you have retired you don't need to be so mobile so don't need it and people can come in to look after you". As far as I am concerned the jury is still out on "Is my country being run by a bunch of wise men taking the p**s or a bunch of idiots who really mean it".
I tell you it's Burt Reynolds

Offline stephen25000

« Reply #497 on: June 18, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
Well the thread title seems out of date.

It is now the Tory party tearing itself apart.

How times change, watching Hammond dig the knife into May this morning.

She was going to sack him... *&*%
The McCanns were solely responsible for their childcare arrangements and there is no one else to blame.

S and S, two more amateurs making money from a disappeared child, and clearly without a clue.