Author Topic: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles  (Read 156297 times)

Offline Carana

Re: CMTV Gonçalo Amaral - O Enigma - with English subtitles
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »
It's quite amusing the lengths that people go to in order to 'explain' this statement by Gerry McCann.

Translation issue? He said it, she translated it, she read it back to him in English, he signed it.

Confusion issue? Who was confused?

Several of us debated this at length in some thread or other ages ago.

Perhaps a point we could agree on: if the interview had been recorded (or even a reasonably accurate verbatim report), it would be easier to establish what was actually said as opposed to what got written up in a chaotic situation.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »
It's quite amusing the lengths that people go to in order to 'explain' this statement by Gerry McCann.

Translation issue? He said it, she translated it, she read it back to him in English, he signed it.

Confusion issue? Who was confused?
For that system to work accurately a different interpreter would have to read it back in English.  If it is the same person the same mistake is repeated twice.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
Several of us debated this at length in some thread or other ages ago.

Perhaps a point we could agree on: if the interview had been recorded (or even a reasonably accurate verbatim report), it would be easier to establish what was actually said as opposed to what got written up in a chaotic situation.

Not for me. I accept that what is in the statements is what was said. Why Gerry McCann said it I don't know because he didn't explain, but he admitted saying it.

accept that the curtains were drawn open at 10 pm too, as testified by both parents. It is for Kate McCann to explain why she later changed her story and said they were closed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 09:02:14 PM »
Not for me. I accept that what is in the statements is what was said. Why Gerry McCann said it I don't know because he didn't explain, but he admitted saying it.

accept that the curtains were drawn open at 10 pm too, as testified by both parents. It is for Kate McCann to explain why she later changed her story and said they were closed.

Where did she say that they were closed when she discovered that M was missing?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »
Curiously that alleged phone call didn't warrant a mention in his book - probably because it could be easily disproved & therefore libellous.

The McCanns were functioning enough to delete mobile records but apparently not functioning enough to let the PJ know about this hidden information. Do you think when the PJ found no records before the disappearance they would be naive to believe they hadn't used their mobiles all week?

Gerald McCann called his wife four times between 23.14 and 23.52.

So Gerry was not at the apartment with Kate at that time. The PJ had arrived prior to these series of calls so they would be wondering where the hell Gerry is when he said he stayed in the apartment.

After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

At 23.40 he called his sister ' Trish Cameron and at 23.52 -Janet Kennedy.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:24 PM »
For that system to work accurately a different interpreter would have to read it back in English.  If it is the same person the same mistake is repeated twice.

Did Gerry have his fingers in his ears when she kept mentioning keys then?
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 09:12:51 PM »
Gerry admits in his second statement that he changed it from front key door to rear patio door.

"Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE by the rear door which he consequently closed but did not lock given that that is only possible from the inside. Referring to the front door, while he is certain that it was closed it is unlikely that it was locked as [because] they had left by the rear door."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carana

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 09:25:12 PM »
Did Gerry have his fingers in his ears when she kept mentioning keys then?

Again, if there had been a recorded interview, it would be easy to establish what was actually said (by all three). That is not the case. Even a cross on a scribbled drawing could have clarified it, if he'd been asked.

There is no indication that I've found that the police officer had a prior grasp on the layout of the flat, let alone the lady serving as an interpreter. It would be perfectly normal to jot down notes as they went along (one door requires a key to enter) and they got mixed up as to which was considered to be the back or the front door.

Offline Carana

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:23 PM »
Gerry admits in his second statement that he changed it from front key door to rear patio door.

"Despite what he said in his previous statements, he states now and with certainty, that he left with KATE by the rear door which he consequently closed but did not lock given that that is only possible from the inside. Referring to the front door, while he is certain that it was closed it is unlikely that it was locked as [because] they had left by the rear door."
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Did he change his mind, or was there some confusion in the initial statement as written up?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »
The McCanns were functioning enough to delete mobile records but apparently not functioning enough to let the PJ know about this hidden information. Do you think when the PJ found no records before the disappearance they would be naive to believe they hadn't used their mobiles all week?

Gerald McCann called his wife four times between 23.14 and 23.52.

So Gerry was not at the apartment with Kate at that time. The PJ had arrived prior to these series of calls so they would be wondering where the hell Gerry is when he said he stayed in the apartment.

After going to the Reception he went back to the apartment where he stayed in the living room and in their bedroom.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

At 23.40 he called his sister ' Trish Cameron and at 23.52 -Janet Kennedy.
Gerry called Kate twice.  Those calls were double recorded.  From memory, the first was at 23.17.
What's up, old man?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 09:54:27 PM »
Did he change his mind, or was there some confusion in the initial statement as written up?
He changed his mind.

The word 'chave' = key.  It cannot be mistranslated as front or back.  It means he said he used his key.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »
Amaral's theory was put to bed yonks ago, not least by PJ officers who worked on the shelved enquiry.

SY haven't which is what I posted.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »

Perhaps Benice, you would like to list the 'inaccuracies' in the video, and then they can be discussed.

As you are making allegations, you do need to back it up.

I haven't watched the video yet, but I will later today.

Congratulations on becoming a Moderator Stephen I know you will be very balanced, and respected by many even some supporters . 8((()*/ 8)--))

Thanks for posting this Pathy .

There are a few discrepancies Stephen you will pick them up from the video. I don't buy into the child at the feet of a woman being cremated which he seems to want to give credence to, if I heard that correctly. I don't agree with some of his 'thinking'  calling calpol a sedative or anti histamine being a part to blame for something, but I do get the impression he does want to find out what happened to Little Maddie.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:22 PM »
It is his opinion based on his knowledge of the investigation as coordinator from day one. 

I agree he has made a number of deductions and offered several scenarios to explain what happened to Madeleine but for a few minor discrepancies the facts as related by him are for the most part reasonably accurate. There were unexplained discrepancies in the versions related by the parents, discrepancies which would allow any experienced detective to ask a lot more questions.

Those he related included Gerry changing his story as to which apartment door he used in the 9am check, the Tanner encounter with Jez and Gerry and Kate's changing story of how she found Madeleine gone.

The reference to the 200 cases in which cadaver dog Eddie was claimed to have been involved was a silly error.

I don't personally hold with his parental involvement theories but he did suggest that Madeleine could have followed Gerry out after his 9pm check and thereafter got into trouble. Gerry and Jez chatting and laughing just outside the apartment could very well have been the trigger which mobilised Madeleine given what we know about previous evenings.

I agree John.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2017, 06:53:25 AM »
Where did she say that they were closed when she discovered that M was missing?

'The curtains of the bedroom which were drawn, closed' she says, with arm actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhACS6ck-Dw
Result = happy posting.