Author Topic: The burn hole in Sheila's nightie and the graze across her abdomen.  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: The burn hole in Sheila's nightie and the graze across her abdomen.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 12:39:22 PM »
Just had a closer look at M. Fletcher's Examination Record of the nightdress. Seems that the holes were tested for lead residue using Rhodizonate and none was found. So presumably they were not caused by a bullet...

https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/forensic-science/Pages/forensic-programs-crime-scene-rhodizonate.aspx

Next to hole * is smaller hole - made by hot

object - not full penetration - black particles around hole

Neg. Rhodizonate - not FD residues.  No spots of oil

visible on lower half of front part
(?).  No evidence of rifle (18)

having been fired when breech end close to nightdress.

FD = Firearms Deposit maybe?

I think FD is firearm discharge?

Where MF states "No evidence of rifle having been fired when breech end close to nightdress" whether JB murdered SC or she took her own life we know from the blood staining to SC's nightdress, trajectory of gsw's and wound tracks that the rifle was fired over her body twice.  MF is the 'expert' that told the court his relevant experience included using an air rifle as a small boy  &%+((£
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 12:43:37 PM »
The holes were probably old, they could be simply from smoking  joint.

If the holes were old how does one account for the black particles surrounding them?  Surely washing would remove and even sleeping would dislodge/remove?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
If the holes were old how does one account for the black particles surrounding them?  Surely washing would remove and even sleeping would dislodge/remove?

Old as in pre murders. Washing wouldn't necessarily remove scorched areas.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 04:17:49 PM »
Old as in pre murders. Washing wouldn't necessarily remove scorched areas.

MF said the nightdress contained black particles around the holes.  I would have thought any particles from cigarettes, tobacco or cannabis, would be lost after any signficiant movement eg washing the nightdress, sleeping under a duvet. 

david1819

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
Thanks.  Yes I appreciate casings get hot but David seems to think this extends to the casing ejection port itself and that this caused the burn marks to SC's nightdress.

The location of the burn holes are roughly where the ejection port was in crime scene photos. So I think its a good possibility.

I'm not too concerned about them TBH.

Offline Myster

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 05:58:24 PM »
MF said the nightdress contained black particles around the holes.  I would have thought any particles from cigarettes, tobacco or cannabis, would be lost after any signficiant movement eg washing the nightdress, sleeping under a duvet.

Rather than being caused by a cigarette or cigar, I think it's possible the hole(s) and black particles were made by remnants of burning propellant which escaped from one of the two casings if either landed on her nightie, before being brushed off or falling off her body when the rifle was staged to simulate suicide. Or if not caused by propellant, they were hole(s) and black singe marks from a red-hot casing itself.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »
The location of the burn holes are roughly where the ejection port was in crime scene photos. So I think its a good possibility.

I'm not too concerned about them TBH.

Neither am I but it's interesting the graze to the abdomen and nightdress appear to have fallen under the radar.  Might be completely unrelated might not be.       

Now imagine if witnesses observed JB with a graze to his abdomen covered by a dressing and some item of clothing had been found (maybe his fave cream jumper) with burn marks and black particles attached!  Blimey we would never hear the end of it!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 07:54:31 PM »
Neither am I but it's interesting the graze to the abdomen and nightdress appear to have fallen under the radar.  Might be completely unrelated might not be.       

Now imagine if witnesses observed JB with a graze to his abdomen covered by a dressing and some item of clothing had been found (maybe his fave cream jumper) with burn marks and black particles attached!  Blimey we would never hear the end of it!

The holes and the graze were on opposite sides.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
Rather than being caused by a cigarette or cigar, I think it's possible the hole(s) and black particles were made by remnants of burning propellant which escaped from one of the two casings if either landed on her nightie, before being brushed off or falling off her body when the rifle was staged to simulate suicide. Or if not caused by propellant, they were hole(s) and black singe marks from a red-hot casing itself.

But we know from the blood stains to SC's nightdress, trajectories and wound tracks that regardless of who pulled the trigger the rifle was fired over SC's body with the muzzle in loose contact with her neck meaning the casings were likely to land just above her head where they were found?  I don't really see how the ejected casings would come into contact with the lower of the middle part of SC's nightdress and then end up above her head?

Also you transcribed MF's scribble:

"Neg. Rhodizonate - not FD residues.  No spots of oil"

This seems to rule out the black particles originating from firearm discharge residue (FD)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodizonic_acid

The above test seems to be based on detecting lead within FD but if the Eley bullets didn't contain lead...!?  Although they must contain lead in some part as the box comes with a health warning about washing hands.  I get confused with the different parts: primer, propellant, casing and bullet.  I think the bullet might be made of lead but as this is coated with paraffin wax it probably prevents users hands becoming contaminated by lead.  Also when I loaded them into a mag I intuitively seemed to handle them by the brass casing. 

David I think you've posted in the past that the Eley bullets used at WHF didn't contain lead in the primer/propellant?  If so maybe MF's little tests is proof of this? 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »
The holes and the graze were on opposite sides.

Yes that's right.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
Yes that's right.

So are associated how?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn13622-gunshot-residue-test-fingers-lead-free-bullets/

"But the Griess test can give false positives when chemicals in varnish or cleaning chemicals are present. While the sodium rhodizonate test offers an alternative, “if someone used lead-free ammunition, it’s going to test negative".

Seems to me the bullets used at WHF were probably lead-free.

Offline Myster

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 08:58:31 PM »
But we know from the blood stains to SC's nightdress, trajectories and wound tracks that regardless of who pulled the trigger the rifle was fired over SC's body with the muzzle in loose contact with her neck meaning the casings were likely to land just above her head where they were found?  I don't really see how the ejected casings would come into contact with the lower of the middle part of SC's nightdress and then end up above her head?

Also you transcribed MF's scribble:

"Neg. Rhodizonate - not FD residues.  No spots of oil"

This seems to rule out the black particles originating from firearm discharge residue (FD)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodizonic_acid

The above test seems to be based on detecting lead within FD but if the Eley bullets didn't contain lead...!?  Although they must contain lead in some part as the box comes with a health warning about washing hands.  I get confused with the different parts: primer, propellant, casing and bullet.  I think the bullet might be made of lead but as this is coated with paraffin wax it probably prevents users hands becoming contaminated by lead.  Also when I loaded them into a mag I intuitively seemed to handle them by the brass casing. 

David I think you've posted in the past that the Eley bullets used at WHF didn't contain lead in the primer/propellant?  If so maybe MF's little tests is proof of this?

A hot casing could have been cushioned on impact with the material on the side of the bed and then rebounded to land on the nightie, if say the rifle was held horizontal or near horizontal for the second neck shot.  This might have been the one that was found between her right arm and the chair, if it was swept off in haste by the perp when the rifle was being placed on her body.

Most, if not all .22 bullets are made of 100% lead, i.e. the projectile part which does the damage. M. Fletcher tested for lead around the hole(s) with Rhodizonate to see if a bullet had been the cause of them, not a hot brass casing or its burning contents.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:05:31 PM by Myster »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »
A hot casing could have been cushioned on impact with the material on the side of the bed and then rebounded to land on the nightie, if say the rifle was held horizontal or near horizontal for the second neck shot.  This might have been the one that was found between her right arm and the chair, if it was swept off in haste by the perp when the rifle was being placed on her body.

But how did the 2 casings pertaining to SC's GSW's end up above her head where they would be expected? 

Most, if not all .22 bullets are made of 100% lead, i.e. the projectile part which does the damage. M. Fletcher tested for lead around the hole(s) with Rhodizonate to see if a bullet had been the cause of them, not a hot brass casing or its burning contents.

It seems to me MF carried out the rhodizonate test on the black particles:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8235.0;attach=9116

and the test showed negative as the primer/propellant are lead-free. 

Offline Myster

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »
But how did the 2 casings pertaining to SC's GSW's end up above her head where they would be expected? 

It seems to me MF carried out the rhodizonate test on the black particles:

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8235.0;attach=9116

and the test showed negative as the primer/propellant are lead-free.

Only DRH/2 finished up above her head, didn't it?  And as I said, DRH/1 might have been swept off her body by the perp before the rifle was staged.