Author Topic: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata  (Read 202745 times)

Offline misty

Re: Cadaver dogs are unreliable - Eugene Zapata
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2018, 07:11:53 PM »
I thought it was a judge  (in the documentary) who rule that the dogs were unreliable evidence.

That's correct, Rob. The cadaver dogs' alerts were ruled inadmissible in Zapata's first trial.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 07:32:07 PM »
That's correct, Rob. The cadaver dogs' alerts were ruled inadmissible in Zapata's first trial.
OK the prosecution could have tried to use the cadaver dog evidence, and the defence objected , and the judge made a ruling.  There would be a bit more to it than just the judge making a ruling from the start IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 07:34:11 PM »
IMO They were vconcerned about the IMO incompetent PJ... Amaral was convinced he could prove Maddie died in the apartment

Your post is too much opinion Davel please use IMO from now on please.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:18:30 PM by slartibartfast »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »
OK the prosecution could have tried to use the cadaver dog evidence, and the defence objected , and the judge made a ruling.  There would be a bit more to it than just the judge making a ruling from the start IMO.

I believe it was as the result of the dogs' high rate of failure in a series of tests.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »
I believe it was as the result of the dogs' high rate of failure in a series of tests.
That was mentioned as well, but not in the documentary in the OP.  "No more reliable than a toss of a coin"  I recall those words.  Even though I disagreed with the judge on this point, for a coin toss is 50 50 not 70 - 30.  A 70% reliability is better than a coin toss.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 08:04:51 PM »
IMO They were vconcerned about the IMO incompetent PJ.. IMO.. Amaral was convinced he could prove Maddie died in the apartment
Was that all opinion? 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:19:15 PM by slartibartfast »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
IMO They were vconcerned about the IMO incompetent PJ..... Amaral was convinced he could prove Maddie died in the apartment

In my opinion they were concerned that they might be taken back to Portugal. It was the lawyers who advised them to get out quickly.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:19:37 PM by slartibartfast »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:08 PM »
Your post is too much opinion Davel please use IMO from now on please.

I've used imo... Look again

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »
In my opinion they were concerned that they might be taken back to Portugal. It was the lawyers who advised them to get out quickly.

I agree with you... And when we have amaral thinking he could prove mafdie died in the apartment they had every reason to fear

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 08:12:56 PM »
I agree with you... And when we have amaral thinking he could prove mafdie died in the apartment they had every reason to fear
But do you know if Amaral thought like that in Sept 2007?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 08:14:49 PM »
Try and talk Zapata please.  - make your posts relevant to the topic.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »
But do you know if Amaral thought like that in Sept 2007?
According to his book.. Yes

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 08:20:17 PM »
According to his book.. Yes
Which came out in 2008.  What evidence of this in Sept 2007?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »
Which came out in 2008.  What evidence of this in Sept 2007?

Because he describes how he felt in 2007...have you read his book

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2018, 08:24:23 PM »
Because he describes how he felt in 2007...have you read his book
Of course I have but we were discussing why the McCanns got out of Portugal.  I don't think you can use arguments that only become apparent later.
Moderation