Author Topic: Met Police say 38 persons of interest including 12 UK nationals.  (Read 50922 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Met Police say 38 persons of interest including 12 UK nationals.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »
Angelo
Quote from: stephen25000 on Today at 02:36:24 PM
We disagree on who is responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, but surely one way or the other, all parties to what happened in PDL should be interviewed ?

At last you have posted something I can agree with Stephen.  It appears child neglect doesn't feature very high up in the Mets priorities though.

Me too.  My pleasure to be able to agree with you, Stephen, for a change 8((()*/

All parties should be investigated ... but I would lay my bottom dollar that the Mccanns are totally innocent of anything criminal

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
Maybe the McCann's will be making a contribution to this heroic effort by the Metropolitan Police since after all isn't that why the Madeleine fund was established in the first place??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline south of the river

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 03:24:10 PM »
I really doubt that SY would be spending the amount of time and money to re open a neglect charge - That boat sailed long ago - This is about trying to find out what happened - if possible

I think whatever  side of the fence you are on - the fact that the case is being opened again is good news. There is a chance then that the truth might come out .

I don't think they are involved - but welcome the news . If they are involved then bring it ,

I cant understand all those anti McCann's who are desolate because Gerry and Kate  are not being arrested . For goodness sake there are 38 people out there who might reveal something - good news I say

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 03:33:36 PM »
I really doubt that SY would be spending the amount of time and money to re open a neglect charge - That boat sailed long ago - This is about trying to find out what happened - if possible

I think whatever  side of the fence you are on - the fact that the case is being opened again is good news. There is a chance then that the truth might come out .

I don't think they are involved - but welcome the news . If they are involved then bring it ,

I cant understand all those anti McCann's who are desolate because Gerry and Kate  are not being arrested . For goodness sake there are 38 people out there who might reveal something - good news I say

Spot on, south of the river.  8((()*/

Would some rather not know the truth, or want Madeleine found alive, just to save face?

Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

stephen25000

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »
Spot on, south of the river.  8((()*/

Would some rather not know the truth, or want Madeleine found alive, just to save face?

On this I want the truth to come out, which ever way it goes.

However, that requires a full investigation with all parties involved.

I still doubt the Portuguese authorities will go the whole hog. The country has a  major financial crisis and they won't be spending money on a major investigation.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »

Don't loose time trying to understand a desolation that doesn't exist. What everybody including you wishes to understand is what happened to Madeleine McCann.
Those, excluding you, who believe she died 6 years ago would be happy to discover she's been abducted by lovely and loving persons. How could it be another way ? Doubting the McCanns spoke the truth doesn't imply being a child [ censored word ].
Only 60% of the documents reviewed but 38 persons of interest. That's a lot. Has SY elaborated a scenario in which 38 possible perpetrators could fit or are they expecting to investigate 38 storytellers ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
The country has a  major financial crisis and they won't be spending money on a major investigation.
The Portugueses aren't going to investigate. They'll support the Met with logistic as did the LC in the rogatory mission under the judicial cooperation in criminal matters.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
Madeleine McCann: How the British led investigation will operate overseas

Scotland Yard’s decision to launch a full-scale investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance from Portugal throws up a number of potential legal hurdles for detectives to overcome.

While the British police are obviously free to investigate lines of inquiry and suspects in this country, they have no jurisdiction to operate overseas.

However thanks to Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties they can request that their counterparts in other countries carry out investigative work on their behalf.

The British police would have to submit International Letters of Request to the appropriate foreign body, which in the case of Portugal is the judiciary rather than the police.

Those letters are then considered and under EU rules member states are expected to comply. 

The Metropolitan Police has already formally requested that the Crown Prosecution Service submit an International Letter of Request to the Portuguese Authorities seeking assistance in obtaining evidence relating to lines of enquiry they wish to pursue.

This has been done with the full support of the British Government and the Portuguese authorities have already signalled their willingness to cooperate.

As the investigation develops it is possible Scotland Yard may wish certain persons of interest to be brought in for questioning or to provide fresh witness statements.

While it would be the home police force that carried out such activities, the Met has already requested that a small team of British officers are on the ground to observe and assist in that process.

In preparation for today’s announcement, senior officers from Operation Grange made 16 visits to Portugal in order to ensure that any potential difficulties were ironed out.

If a British suspect is ever charged with abduction or murder in the case, the law allows them to be tried at the Old Bailey in London, even if the alleged crime took place overseas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/10159992/Madeleine-McCann-How-the-British-led-investigation-will-operate-overseas.html
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline south of the river

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
over 30 000 documents examined  resulting in over 3000 actions  which in return has revealed 38 persons that they would like to look at a bit closer

I for one hope that we might be a bit closer down the road to resolving this mystery -

SY are at their best when just left to get on and try and fight crime and investigate . They have resources at their disposal and manpower -

lets wait and see

Offline Carana

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »
Don't loose time trying to understand a desolation that doesn't exist. What everybody including you wishes to understand is what happened to Madeleine McCann.
Those, excluding you, who believe she died 6 years ago would be happy to discover she's been abducted by lovely and loving persons. How could it be another way ? Doubting the McCanns spoke the truth doesn't imply being a child [ censored word ].
Only 60% of the documents reviewed but 38 persons of interest. That's a lot. Has SY elaborated a scenario in which 38 possible perpetrators could fit or are they expecting to investigate 38 storytellers ?

You never know. Maybe they found the fridge.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
When a high profile captive is at stake, liberation is for evident reasons always breaking news.

Offline Carana

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2013, 04:39:40 PM »
When a high profile captive is at stake, liberation is for evident reasons always breaking news.

Do you have any particular high-profile captive in mind?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »
The Columbian Ingrid Betancourt, the Israelian Gilad Shalit, for instance.

Offline Carana

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 05:02:48 PM »
The Columbian Ingrid Betancourt, the Israelian Gilad Shalit, for instance.

Is there a close connection between these cases and Madeleine's disappearance in PdL do you think?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
They're high profile persons. Your question was Do you have any particular high-profile captive in mind?