Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 242262 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1080 on: April 15, 2019, 10:57:04 PM »
That conclusion should remain in your head.

No it shouldn't... I have every right to express it... It's not harassment or insulting... It's a reasonable conclusion ..I suggest you stop your harassment of me

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1081 on: April 15, 2019, 10:58:17 PM »
That conclusion should remain in your head.  You could ask another question to confirm it but don't tell the forum what you think someone else believes.
Why not, what’s the problem?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1082 on: April 15, 2019, 10:58:40 PM »
We've been through it all many times... Remember how poorly cadaver digs did in the one study into handler bias.... By your reasoning... 19 out of 20 alertd in PDL must be corect... If you think that I'll leave you to it
I don't understand what you are saying TBH.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1083 on: April 15, 2019, 10:59:52 PM »
That conclusion should remain in your head.  You could ask another question to confirm it but don't tell the forum what you think someone else believes.

It's perfectly reasonable to say what I think... Bases on the facts

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1084 on: April 15, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
I don't understand what you are saying TBH.

It's all been discussed many times

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1085 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:17 PM »
Why not, what’s the problem?
Because I'll class that as harassment and possibly delete your post etc.
It's perfectly reasonable to say what I think... Bases on the facts
Conclusions are not facts.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1086 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
Because I'll class that as harassment and possibly delete your post etc.Conclusions are not facts.

The fact that I've started the statement with... I think... Indicates it's opinion not fact... You seem to be arguing for arguing sake

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1087 on: April 15, 2019, 11:07:25 PM »
No that's not what you said... You said gunit had requested me to stop hassling her ..and I should comply with her request... that, wasn't true... I feel you are hassling me
It was a subtle request.  I read it in what she was saying.  OK she never gave you a plain request "stop hassling  me", but there was enough.

Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1088 on: April 15, 2019, 11:09:31 PM »
It was a subtle request.  I read it in what she was saying.  OK she never gave you a plain request "stop hassling  me", but there was enough.

There was no request... But could you stop hassling me

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1089 on: April 15, 2019, 11:11:05 PM »
The fact that I've started the statement with... I think... Indicates it's opinion not fact... You seem to be arguing for arguing sake
I still don't think saying "I think you are a complete idiot" is allowable, just because it is expressed as an opinion.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1090 on: April 15, 2019, 11:11:58 PM »
I still don't think saying "I think you are a complete idiot" is allowable, just because it is expressed as an opinion.

Could you stop hassling me

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »
Could you stop hassling me
Would you stop hassling me too please.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1092 on: April 15, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »

I was feeling harrassed and you were very kind to intervene. You were entitled to do so if you felt it was needed and I don't think you are required to publicly explain your actions or the reason for them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1093 on: April 15, 2019, 11:30:03 PM »

Are you allowed to say that another poster "is somewhat arrogant", just because it is expressed as an opinion?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1094 on: April 15, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »
Of course challenge views, but not the person or be personal about it.

A very personal post was directed at me on this thread a few days ago.
It's a pity this advice was not applicable in that instance?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.