Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1352922 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4305 on: September 28, 2018, 06:26:16 PM »
I don't know, perhaps they want to annoy the supporters.
Judging by your response, they might just have done that  8(0(*

I wouldn't say I was annoyed, rather more bemused at
why they bother.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline misty

« Reply #4306 on: November 13, 2018, 05:16:14 PM »
More funding....
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 05:37:32 PM by misty »

Offline barrier

This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4308 on: November 13, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »
Oh dear, terrible news for those who believed the Met were all done and dusted and ready to pounce on their chief suspects, the parents.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4309 on: November 13, 2018, 07:13:27 PM »
Oh dear, terrible news for those who believed the Met were all done and dusted and ready to pounce on their chief suspects, the parents.

They could well be ready to pounce on someone.  But it won't be The McCanns

Offline barrier

« Reply #4310 on: November 16, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »
Not sure how reliable this is,

https://www.flash.pt/atualidade/detalhe/policia-inglesa-ja-sabe-o-que-aconteceu-a-pequena-maddie-e-vai-revelar-tudo-em-breve
Notícia
BOMBÁSTICO

Polícia inglesa já sabe o que aconteceu à pequena Maddie e vai revelar tudo em breve

Os agentes da 'Operação Grange', que investigam o caso Maddie, estiveram em Portugal em segredo em 2017 e dizem ter descoberto o que aconteceu à menina.

Por João Bénard Garcia | 16 de novembro de 2018 às 13:52

A polícia inglesa conseguiu mais um financiamento estatal de 172 mil euros para seguir pistas altamente confidenciais que garante ter sobre o desaparecimento de Madeleine McCann, a menina de 4 anos que desapareceu em maio de 2007 na praia da Luz, no Algarve.

Os investigadores acreditam que agora é que vão desvendar o mistério do desaparecimento de Maddie depois de terem realizado, em 2017, várias visitas mantidas em segredo a Portugal. Os agentes britânicos que têm nas mãos a documentação da 'Operação Grange' (todo o processo do desaparecimento de Maddie) acreditam estar perto de resolver o mistério, em especial depois de terem analisado as cerca de 40 mil folhas de documentação arquivada pela polícia portuguesa.

Este novo pedido de dinheiro para a investigação que, em 11 anos, já custou cerca de 13 milhões de euros, ou seja, mais de um milhão de euros por ano, foi "cuidadosamente considerado", segundo avançou então fonte do Ministério do Interior britânico e, pelos vistos, foi autorizado e concedido. Têm até março de 2019 para concluir com sucesso a investigação.

Os pais de Maddie, Katie e Gerry McCann, sempre defenderam que a filha está viva. A ser verdade, a rapariga inglesa terá agora 15 anos de idade.

A estranha contratação do porta-voz do governo inglês

O processo de desaparecimento de Maddie esteve sempre envolto num imenso sigilo e ganhou contornos de assunto de estado, nomeadamente quando o casal McCann contratou Clarence Mitchell, o porta-voz do então primeiro-ministro britânico Gordon Brown. Além de Clarence Mitchell ter conseguido afastar o inspetor-chefe Olegário Sousa de ser o rosto das informações oficiais, ele terá ajudado o casal McCann a ocultar informações da investigação e a atenuar a "relação turbulenta" entre Kate e Gerry McCann e as autoridades policiais portuguesas e do Reino Unido, sempre devido a desconfianças e fugas de informaç

Translates to.

News
BOMBASTIC

English police already knows what happened to little Maddie and will reveal everything soon.

The Operation Grange officers investigating the Maddie case were in Portugal in secrecy in 2017 and say they have discovered what happened to the girl.

By João Bénard Garcia | November 16, 2018 at 13:52

The English police was able to get another state funding of 172,000 euros to follow highly confidential clues they guarantee to have about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the 4-year-old girl who disappeared in May 2007 in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve.

The investigators believe that now is when they are going to unravel the mystery of Maddie's disappearance after having made, in 2017, several visits kept in secret to Portugal. The British agents who have in their hands the documentation of 'Operation Grange' (the whole process of Maddie's disappearance) believe they are close to solving the mystery, especially after analysing the about 40,000 pages of documentation archived by the Portuguese police.

This new request for money request for the investigation, which, in 11 years, has already cost about 13 million euros, or more than 1 million euros per year, was "carefully considered", according to what a source of the British Home Office advanced and, it seems, was authorized and granted. They have until March 2019 to complete successfully the investigation.

Maddie's parents, Katie and Gerry McCann, have always defended that the daughter is alive. If it’s true, the English girl is now 15 years old.

The strange hiring of the spokesman of the English government

The process of Maddie's disappearance process was always shrouded in immense secrecy and gained the status of state-affair, namely when the McCanns hired Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman of then British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Besides Clarence Mitchell having managed to oust Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa from being the face of the official information, he supposedly has helped the McCann hide information from the investigation and to mitigate the "turbulent relationship" between Kate and Gerry McCann and the Portuguese and the UK police authorities, always due to mistrust and information leaks.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4311 on: November 16, 2018, 08:19:45 PM »
It’s in a Portugese rag with no named sources or quotes of any kind.  I wouldn’t get too excited if I were you.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #4312 on: November 16, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »
It’s in a Portugese rag with no named sources or quotes of any kind.  I wouldn’t get too excited if I were you.

I can assure you nothing about the case brings excitement,its a way of passing time.
But as to the no named source much like the brit rags.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4313 on: November 16, 2018, 10:46:13 PM »

I can assure you nothing about the case brings excitement,its a way of passing time.
But as to the no named source much like the brit rags.
If Madeleine were found alive or the McCanns arrested I’m sure that would raise more than a flicker of excitement...
Why the need to defend all things Portuguese by referencing shit British versions?

Offline John

« Reply #4314 on: November 17, 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
I know its the weekend so can we please avoid the usual conflicts.  Posts should be constructive but above all amiable. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline barrier

« Reply #4315 on: November 18, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »
If Madeleine were found alive or the McCanns arrested I’m sure that would raise more than a flicker of excitement...
Why the need to defend all things Portuguese by referencing shit British versions?

Nope still won't do it,now to still watch Sir Robert Of Charlton running in and smashing the ball past a goalkeeper and the keeper still looking for it some 50+ yrs later is another matter.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4316 on: November 18, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »
Fresh hope for Kate and Gerry McCann as they meet with Scotland Yard detectives to discuss two vital new leads in the search for daughter Madeleine
The Operation Grange team told the parents in a meeting they had two leads
Kate and Gerry are 'greatly encouraged' that Scotland Yard could be closing in
The Home Office said it would grant £150,000 to keep the investigation going

By TRACEY KANDOHLA AND JAMES MURRAY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:12, 18 November 2018 | UPDATED: 12:12, 18 November 2018

Police have told the parents of Madeleine McCann that they are 'hopeful' for a result as they pursue two vital new leads. 

The Operation Grange team, who had been thought to be focusing on just one, told Kate and Gerry during a meeting thought to be at their Leicestershire home, that they had 'two specific and active' lines of inquiry.

Kate and Gerry, both 50, are 'greatly encouraged' that Scotland Yard could finally be closing in on Maddie's kidnapper after eleven-and-a-half years.

The Home Office last week announced it would grant an extra £150,000 to Operation Grange to keep the investigation going until spring next year. So far they have handed out £11.75 million of taxpayers' money for the high-profile search.

A Whitehall source said: 'Metropolitan Police officers had a sit-down meeting with Madeleine's parents to tell them exactly where they were with their inquiries.

'They informed them they had two specific and active leads that still needed to be chased and that although the investigation was taking longer than they initially thought officers said they were confident and hopeful they could get a result.'

Police refuse to make public any clues about the suspects they are determined to track down for fear of them going to ground.

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal's Praia da Luz in May 2007. She had been left alone sleeping with her younger twin siblings while her parents were dining in a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Previously police confirmed they believed the blonde child was snatched by a paedophile gang who may have smuggled her over the border or grabbed during a botched burglary at the holiday complex.

They have also been keen to identify a woman in purple seen hanging around the holiday flat.

A senior Government source added: 'Police seeking special grant funding have needed to justify exactly what the money would be spent on, who they are chasing and why.

'They have had to outline their intended work in full detail and careful consideration has been given but we cannot divulge any aspects of that while there is an ongoing operation.'

Police advised the McCann's there was still 'important work left to be done' as they requested extra funding, allaying the family's fears that the London force's seven-and-a-half year investigation could be shelved.

Kate and Gerry, who have 13-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, cling onto a glimmer of hope that Maddie, who would now be 15, could still be alive after all this time.

The McCann's spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said the couple were 'incredibly grateful' and 'greatly encouraged' for the approved extra funding amid stringent Government and police cutbacks.

He said: 'They are greatly encouraged that the Met Police still believe there is work left to be done in the search for their daughter and they remain incredibly grateful to the Home Office for providing an extra budget for the investigation.

'It is a boost the while family and gives them renewed hope that one day they may finally find out what happened to Madeleine.'

Mr Mitchell added: 'Kate and Gerry appreciate everything the authorities have done and are doing to get a resolution after all this time. Beyond this they cannot comment on the ongoing operation.'

The extra cash - which has been slammed by a mother of another missing girl and outspoken TV and media personality Janet Street-Porter - will enable Grange to keep going until the end of March next year.

The Yard had applied for renewed funding in September but the Home Office only confirmed last Tuesday that it had been approved, as revealed by MailOnline.

Maddie's parents, however, had been told weeks ago by police that they expected the grant to be made.

A spokesperson said: 'We have confirmed that Special Grant funding of £150,000 will be provided to the Metropolitan Police Service for the six-month period to 31 March 2019. This is an ongoing police investigation.'

The British inquiry, launched in May 2011 after an initial bungled Portuguese investigation and the McCann's own funded private eye searches, is spearheaded by Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall.

A force spokesperson said: 'We still have important work to do and focused lines of investigation to be pursued.

'The inquiry has not reached a conclusion and we're continuing with focus and determination. There are no immediate plans to reduce officer numbers further at this time.'

Ex-police chiefs and some members of public have slammed the Maddie inquiry as a waste of public money and officers' time.

This week Karen Downs, whose 14-year-old daughter Charlene vanished from Blackpool, Lancashire, in November 2003, hit out at the 'preferential' treatment given to the McCanns, saying other missing kids were 'simply being forgotten.'

Controversial Loose Women star Janet Street-Porter also slammed the fresh funding for the 'fruitless search for Maddie' in a MailOnline article, asking: 'Isn't it time we prioritised the children who are dying here and now today?'

She said: 'The McCanns have consistently used emotional blackmail to ensure the government continues to fund a hopeless investigation at the expense of others. The next generation of young people need all their attention now.

'Why does the search for Madeleine attract more resources than investigating the thousands of other children and teenagers who have gone missing in the UK in the last decade?'

Maddie's parents have posted a simple but poignant message of hope as police pledge to find out what happened to their daughter.

The Find Maddie Campaign website, run by a family friend but endorsed by Kate and Gerry, has updated its cover photo.

The word 'Hope' written in yellow to symbolise the Portuguese colour of strength and solidarity against a vibrant background, is accompanied by a brief note to supporters: 'We just want to thank you continuing to be by our side and keeping Madeleine in your heart.'

Well wisher Jean Payne responded: 'Madeleine will always be remembered, and hope that one day you'll all receive the good news that you've waited so long to hear.'

Mary Ann Baldie added: 'Always thinking of her and her family not just her parents but grandparents, aunties, it must be hell on earth for them all.'

Micki Barnes posted: 'Someone knows about Madeleine. It's just a matter of time. OG must be getting nearer.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402835/Fresh-hope-Kate-Gerry-McCann-police-pursue-two-leads.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4317 on: November 18, 2018, 02:17:58 PM »
So grange have had to justify the request for extra funds ...still have laeds to investigate and beleive tehy will find out what happened to Maddie...excelellent

Offline barrier

« Reply #4318 on: November 18, 2018, 02:33:17 PM »
So grange have had to justify the request for extra funds ...still have laeds to investigate and beleive tehy will find out what happened to Maddie...excelellent

Only  this time it's the brit rags.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 02:51:36 PM by barrier »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4319 on: November 18, 2018, 03:44:29 PM »
Fresh hope for Kate and Gerry McCann as they meet with Scotland Yard detectives to discuss two vital new leads in the search for daughter Madeleine
The Operation Grange team told the parents in a meeting they had two leads
Kate and Gerry are 'greatly encouraged' that Scotland Yard could be closing in
The Home Office said it would grant £150,000 to keep the investigation going

By TRACEY KANDOHLA AND JAMES MURRAY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:12, 18 November 2018 | UPDATED: 12:12, 18 November 2018

Police have told the parents of Madeleine McCann that they are 'hopeful' for a result as they pursue two vital new leads. 

The Operation Grange team, who had been thought to be focusing on just one, told Kate and Gerry during a meeting thought to be at their Leicestershire home, that they had 'two specific and active' lines of inquiry.

Kate and Gerry, both 50, are 'greatly encouraged' that Scotland Yard could finally be closing in on Maddie's kidnapper after eleven-and-a-half years.

The Home Office last week announced it would grant an extra £150,000 to Operation Grange to keep the investigation going until spring next year. So far they have handed out £11.75 million of taxpayers' money for the high-profile search.

A Whitehall source said: 'Metropolitan Police officers had a sit-down meeting with Madeleine's parents to tell them exactly where they were with their inquiries.

'They informed them they had two specific and active leads that still needed to be chased and that although the investigation was taking longer than they initially thought officers said they were confident and hopeful they could get a result.'

Police refuse to make public any clues about the suspects they are determined to track down for fear of them going to ground.

Three-year-old Maddie vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal's Praia da Luz in May 2007. She had been left alone sleeping with her younger twin siblings while her parents were dining in a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Previously police confirmed they believed the blonde child was snatched by a paedophile gang who may have smuggled her over the border or grabbed during a botched burglary at the holiday complex.

They have also been keen to identify a woman in purple seen hanging around the holiday flat.

A senior Government source added: 'Police seeking special grant funding have needed to justify exactly what the money would be spent on, who they are chasing and why.

'They have had to outline their intended work in full detail and careful consideration has been given but we cannot divulge any aspects of that while there is an ongoing operation.'

Police advised the McCann's there was still 'important work left to be done' as they requested extra funding, allaying the family's fears that the London force's seven-and-a-half year investigation could be shelved.

Kate and Gerry, who have 13-year-old twins Sean and Amelie, cling onto a glimmer of hope that Maddie, who would now be 15, could still be alive after all this time.

The McCann's spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said the couple were 'incredibly grateful' and 'greatly encouraged' for the approved extra funding amid stringent Government and police cutbacks.

He said: 'They are greatly encouraged that the Met Police still believe there is work left to be done in the search for their daughter and they remain incredibly grateful to the Home Office for providing an extra budget for the investigation.

'It is a boost the while family and gives them renewed hope that one day they may finally find out what happened to Madeleine.'

Mr Mitchell added: 'Kate and Gerry appreciate everything the authorities have done and are doing to get a resolution after all this time. Beyond this they cannot comment on the ongoing operation.'

The extra cash - which has been slammed by a mother of another missing girl and outspoken TV and media personality Janet Street-Porter - will enable Grange to keep going until the end of March next year.

The Yard had applied for renewed funding in September but the Home Office only confirmed last Tuesday that it had been approved, as revealed by MailOnline.

Maddie's parents, however, had been told weeks ago by police that they expected the grant to be made.

A spokesperson said: 'We have confirmed that Special Grant funding of £150,000 will be provided to the Metropolitan Police Service for the six-month period to 31 March 2019. This is an ongoing police investigation.'

The British inquiry, launched in May 2011 after an initial bungled Portuguese investigation and the McCann's own funded private eye searches, is spearheaded by Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall.

A force spokesperson said: 'We still have important work to do and focused lines of investigation to be pursued.

'The inquiry has not reached a conclusion and we're continuing with focus and determination. There are no immediate plans to reduce officer numbers further at this time.'

Ex-police chiefs and some members of public have slammed the Maddie inquiry as a waste of public money and officers' time.

This week Karen Downs, whose 14-year-old daughter Charlene vanished from Blackpool, Lancashire, in November 2003, hit out at the 'preferential' treatment given to the McCanns, saying other missing kids were 'simply being forgotten.'

Controversial Loose Women star Janet Street-Porter also slammed the fresh funding for the 'fruitless search for Maddie' in a MailOnline article, asking: 'Isn't it time we prioritised the children who are dying here and now today?'

She said: 'The McCanns have consistently used emotional blackmail to ensure the government continues to fund a hopeless investigation at the expense of others. The next generation of young people need all their attention now.

'Why does the search for Madeleine attract more resources than investigating the thousands of other children and teenagers who have gone missing in the UK in the last decade?'

Maddie's parents have posted a simple but poignant message of hope as police pledge to find out what happened to their daughter.

The Find Maddie Campaign website, run by a family friend but endorsed by Kate and Gerry, has updated its cover photo.

The word 'Hope' written in yellow to symbolise the Portuguese colour of strength and solidarity against a vibrant background, is accompanied by a brief note to supporters: 'We just want to thank you continuing to be by our side and keeping Madeleine in your heart.'

Well wisher Jean Payne responded: 'Madeleine will always be remembered, and hope that one day you'll all receive the good news that you've waited so long to hear.'

Mary Ann Baldie added: 'Always thinking of her and her family not just her parents but grandparents, aunties, it must be hell on earth for them all.'

Micki Barnes posted: 'Someone knows about Madeleine. It's just a matter of time. OG must be getting nearer.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6402835/Fresh-hope-Kate-Gerry-McCann-police-pursue-two-leads.html

An article by the usual suspects.

They seem a tad mixed up though :

‘Police have told the parents of Madeleine McCann that they are 'hopeful' for a result as they pursue two vital new leads. 

The Operation Grange team, who had been thought to be focusing on just one ‘

So is it one or two and is this the same ‘vital’ lead we heard about over two years ago ?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 04:30:49 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?