Author Topic: Vila do Bispo in West Portugal becomes a place of interest for the second time.  (Read 26478 times)

Offline misty

Very naughty of them. Use reverse image search and that photo comes up from 2014.

''STOCK·SPONSORED
www.alamy.com
image-details-popup.asp - First found on Oct 29, 2014''

https://tineye.com/search/7e49b492a0aecbee486f7e388af41f587934ef05?sort=score&order=desc&page=1

Yes, you are correct, unfortunately. What a shame German press chose to use that one, taken by a local Portuguese photographer.

Offline misty

When are these from, the advent of photography itself?

Google Earth. 3 wells easily accessible & visible from the road between Budens & Boco do Rio. Never mind, I'm sure you won't be interested as there are no longer any donkeys at the noras.

Offline The General

Yes, you are correct, unfortunately. What a shame German press chose to use that one, taken by a local Portuguese photographer.
It's not even a well, it's an embankment.
Never mind.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

In my opinion your post was misleading;

"Do you think there's every chance the PJ were looking for evidence connected to Kenny's murder down wells on CB's old properties too?"

Obviously the answer is no, because there's no evidence that the PJ looked in those wells. In future you should provide cites imo.
Here’s your cite.  You will of course reject it but that’s your problem not mine
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12339813
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:47:52 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

You've been sucked in to the hyperbole.
Come back when you've got a plot plan of which wells were searched, where and when.
I guarantee you will not find them, but I'll give you a clue - have a look at where Kenny lived on Google Earth.
I’m sorry but I draw the line at looking up some unfortunate murdered old bloke’s gaff on Google Earth.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

It's not even a well, it's an embankment.
Never mind.

At least it's taught me a lesson to check the provenance of every single photo I use as a cite to avoid making a total t**t of myself.

Offline Myster

At least it's taught me a lesson to check the provenance of every single photo I use as a cite to avoid making a total t**t of myself.
Wading through all the muddy hyperbole on here, which wells were you supposed to be looking for?  The latest three or others searched in the past?
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline faithlilly

Don’t worry Misty, we’ve all done it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline The General

I’m sorry but I draw the line at looking up some unfortunate murdered old bloke’s gaff on Google Earth.
I nearly broke an emoji out then. Seriously funny and quite true; many a time I've paused, stared at the screen and inwardly considered the futility of scouring the internet for the remnants of an abandoned well in Nowhere, Kentucky, just to affirm a pointless notion that means even less to the recipient of this newly discovered, utterly meaningless mote of data.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline misty

Wading through all the muddy hyperbole on here, which wells were you supposed to be looking for?  The latest three or others searched in the past?

I mistakenly thought the photo I posted showed work being done after the 3 wells searched last Thursday. The location of those wells appears to have been ascertained by posters elsewhere, corresponding to various descriptions in the media.

Offline Myster

I mistakenly thought the photo I posted showed work being done after the 3 wells searched last Thursday. The location of those wells appears to have been ascertained by posters elsewhere, corresponding to various descriptions in the media.
Ah, Ok... gotcha.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Anthro

I have also been there, Misty. Mistakingly posting something that is not contextually correct. I think many here will concur they have done the same.

Offline Anthro

I am just sharing for information.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline G-Unit

Here’s your cite.  You will of course reject it but that’s your problem not mine

...it was revealed Portuguese police had been looking at the possibility McCann's body was dumped in wells near Brueckner's old home, according to claims. [whose claims?]

Weekly Portuguese newspaper SOL said police had already undertaken some work aimed at establishing whether the missing youngster's body might be in one of them.

The wells investigated are believed to be near Brueckner's old rented ramshackle cottage just over 3km from where Maddie went missing.

The property has a well right beside it as well as others dotted around the countryside nearby.

Neighbours said earlier this week they were only aware of searches in the wider area six years ago led by Met Police which turned up nothing new.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

...it was revealed Portuguese police had been looking at the possibility McCann's body was dumped in wells near Brueckner's old home, according to claims. [whose claims?]

Weekly Portuguese newspaper SOL said police had already undertaken some work aimed at establishing whether the missing youngster's body might be in one of them.

The wells investigated are believed to be near Brueckner's old rented ramshackle cottage just over 3km from where Maddie went missing.

The property has a well right beside it as well as others dotted around the countryside nearby.

Neighbours said earlier this week they were only aware of searches in the wider area six years ago led by Met Police which turned up nothing new.
That’s right, cherry pick the bits that suit your opinion best.