Author Topic: Vila do Bispo in West Portugal becomes a place of interest for the second time.  (Read 26087 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

No you really aren't and you're being very condescending in my view. I said the request would be routine not that I believe letters exist or not. I also said....

'Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends '

Yet you have decided that is me suggesting the letters contain 'grisly details'. How is that possible if I think any letters would not contain detail of an assault?
We’re going round in circles.  I know what you said, it’s there for all to see.  The media report to did not say he wrote letters describing Madeleine’s rape and murder.  Those were details you doubted existed in response to the media article even though they had not been mentioned.  IMO there was no need to doubt something that hadn’t even been reported in the first place.  I’m not interested in further discussion on this so fill your boots, I don’t really care one way or the other.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

It was a former US Marshall (McCleish) who reportedly said the deleted calls log raised a red flag. We don’t need to imagine anything. It’s just worthy of investigation like CB’s call in the PDL area on the evening of May 3rd.

Anyway we know it roused suspicion of “manipulation” as the PJ applied to court for more information from Vodafone.

Never heard of 'former US Marshall (McCleish)' please provide a cite, thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Gertrude

We’re going round in circles.  I know what you said, it’s there for all to see.  The media report to did not say he wrote letters describing Madeleine’s rape and murder.  Those were details you doubted existed in response to the media article even though they had not been mentioned.  IMO there was no need to doubt something that hadn’t even been reported in the first place.  I’m not interested in further discussion on this so fill your boots, I don’t really care one way or the other.

So it's all your opinion then, something you construed but I didn't actually say and you have no cite for  ;''It wasn’t the media suggesting the letters were full of grisly details, it was you, '

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:33:19 AM by Eleanor »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Just as valid as any of your comments. My opinion is that Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends and that the request to be sent any correspondence is something routine that is bound to happen in an investigation. The press are the ones again, who present things as significant when they may not be.
They may not be significant, but then again they may be.  I don’t see anything wrong in the news report, which may in fact prompt ex-girlfriends to dig out old letters which may possibly hold valuable clues. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

They may not be significant, but then again they may be.  I don’t see anything wrong in the news report, which may in fact prompt ex-girlfriends to dig out old letters which may possibly hold valuable clues.

Which is what I said,   the request of any potential letters would be a 'routine' step in any investigation.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Which is what I said,   the request of any potential letters would be a 'routine' step in any investigation.
What you also said was that the press present things as significant when they may not be.  But they might be!  So a pointless comment IMO.  I didn’t know CB wrote letters to ex-girlfriends so that was new information to me, thanks to the media for reporting it. 

Offline Gertrude

What you also said was that the press present things as significant when they may not be.  But they might be!  So a pointless comment IMO.  I didn’t know CB wrote letters to ex-girlfriends so that was new information to me, thanks to the media for reporting it.

They do present things as significant when they are just routine. There may, or may not be letters who knows until the investigation is over ( and even then we might not get to know). The press reports said correspondence requested not that it existed. The tracking down of letters and analysing will be part of any investigation so the process is not news IMO. Contents of the letters ( if they exist) could be of course.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

Never heard of 'former US Marshall (McCleish)' please provide a cite, thank you.

It’s in the Missing Calls podcast in MS’s Maddie series on 9.AU

https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/the-missing-calls?in_playlist=podcast
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 11:00:42 AM by Billy Whizz Fan Club »

Offline Brietta

There's forty odd minutes of that ... please say exactly where it can be found on the podcast.  Thank you
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

There's forty odd minutes of that ... please say exactly where it can be found on the podcast.  Thank you

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

Offline Mr Gray

why did Saunokonoko have to go all the way to the US for an opinion...seems a little contrived. It could be looked upon as  a red falg...but thats all ....like a suspect not answering questions...thats a red flag...it just depends if there is a raesonable explanation. Surely the vodaphone records show if any calls were made.

Offline Brietta

why did Saunokonoko have to go all the way to the US for an opinion...seems a little contrived. It could be looked upon as  a red falg...but thats all ....like a suspect not answering questions...thats a red flag...it just depends if there is a raesonable explanation. Surely the vodaphone records show if any calls were made.

I think Saunokonoko has chosen the wrong career path and as time progresses I think that will become more and more apparent to him.
In the meantime the world has moved on from sceptic speculation to real investigative police work.  Brueckner may be entirely innocent of having anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance on the other hand the police and justice services are the ones to determine if he has a case to answer.

I don't think naked sceptic prejudice whether past or present even touches first base in the present stakes.

Offline The General

I think Saunokonoko has chosen the wrong career path and as time progresses I think that will become more and more apparent to him.
In the meantime the world has moved on from sceptic speculation to real investigative police work.  Brueckner may be entirely innocent of having anything to do with Madeleine's disappearance on the other hand the police and justice services are the ones to determine if he has a case to answer.

I don't think naked sceptic prejudice whether past or present even touches first base in the present stakes.
He's quite accessible, why don't you give him that career advice personally?
(Disgruntled of Chippenham)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

He's quite accessible, why don't you give him that career advice personally?
(Disgruntled of Chippenham)

neednt bother I already have