Author Topic: Vila do Bispo in West Portugal becomes a place of interest for the second time.  (Read 26251 times)

Offline Gertrude

'German detectives believe the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case may have written letters about her as Portuguese Police examine whether her body was dumped in a well.

Detectives probing into the life of Christian Brueckner are hunting for the supposed letters and have asked ex-girlfriends for notes the convicted sex offender may have sent them in the past.''

I know he's an arch weirdo but..I find this hard to believe, that he would be bragging about the assault and murder of a small child to multiple girlfriends.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12339813

Offline Venturi Swirl

'German detectives believe the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case may have written letters about her as Portuguese Police examine whether her body was dumped in a well.

Detectives probing into the life of Christian Brueckner are hunting for the supposed letters and have asked ex-girlfriends for notes the convicted sex offender may have sent them in the past.''

I know he's an arch weirdo but..I find this hard to believe, that he would be bragging about the assault and murder of a small child to multiple girlfriends.

Perhaps you should contact the German police and give them the benefit of your opinion.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

Yet many sceptics seem to think Gerry discussed.............in front of the Gaspars

Offline Gertrude

Perhaps you should contact the German police and give them the benefit of your opinion.

What's the point of your flippant comment really? My comment is an opinion relating to what someone else posted on this thread, which is what the whole thread is full of.

Offline Gertrude

Yet many sceptics seem to think Gerry discussed.............in front of the Gaspars

I think most hold the opinion it should be investigated seriously, whether one believes it or not. Anything else would be failing the children alleged to be the subjects of the abuse.

Offline Mr Gray

I think most hold the opinion it should be investigated seriously, whether one believes it or not. Anything else would be failing the children alleged to be the subjects of the abuse.

You obviously believe it's a possibility by that statement so it's strange you find the claim re Breukner unlikely

I don't think most hold that opinion

Offline Venturi Swirl

What's the point of your flippant comment really? My comment is an opinion relating to what someone else posted on this thread, which is what the whole thread is full of.
What’s the point of your comment? Just because you think you know what CB would and wouldn’t do has no bearing on the reality of the situation.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Gertrude

What’s the point of your comment? Just because you think you know what CB would and wouldn’t do has no bearing on the reality of the situation.

Just as valid as any of your comments. My opinion is that Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends and that the request to be sent any correspondence is something routine that is bound to happen in an investigation. The press are the ones again, who present things as significant when they may not be.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Just as valid as any of your comments. My opinion is that Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends and that the request to be sent any correspondence is something routine that is bound to happen in an investigation. The press are the ones again, who present things as significant when they may not be.
So it’s your opinion that the story is completely made up?  Fine, believe what you want.

Offline Gertrude

So it’s your opinion that the story is completely made up?  Fine, believe what you want.

Cite please for where I said it was made up. I didn't.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Cite please for where I said it was made up. I didn't.
you said you found it hard to believe.  The police clearly don’t share your point of view so either the story is bogus, or the police know something about CB and what he would and wouldn’t do that you don’t.  Or the police are completely nuts.  I’m sure you’ve already made up your mind.

Offline faithlilly

It does seem absolutely ridiculous that any girlfriend of Brueckner would not take any correspondence of the nature suggested to the police...especially if there was a large reward to be had.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

The article does not specify letters bragging about assaulting and murdering Madeleine- that was Gertrude’s own interpretation.  The letters (if they exist) may not be quite so explicit as that,  but may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.  But carry on scoffing and sneering, I’m sure it’s bringimg you some comfort.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

The article does not specify letters bragging about assaulting and murdering Madeleine- that was Gertrude’s own interpretation.  The letters (if they exist) may not be quite so explicit as that,  but may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.  But carry on scoffing and sneering, I’m sure it’s bringimg you some comfort.

IMO Maybe the call made from GM's mobile to KM's mobile on May 3rd at 23:17 held some clues... You know the one deleted from his call log along with several others.... we'll never know though because despite the PJ quite reasonably investigating the deleted call logs the courts in Portugal ruled against forcing Vodafone to hand over further information about them. The deleted calls (and texts) may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.... And just for the record I also believe the German sex offender should be fully investigated.

Offline Venturi Swirl

IMO Maybe the call made from GM's mobile to KM's mobile on May 3rd at 23:17 held some clues... You know the one deleted from his call log along with several others.... we'll never know though because despite the PJ quite reasonably investigating the deleted call logs the courts in Portugal ruled against forcing Vodafone to hand over further information about them. The deleted calls (and texts) may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.... And just for the record I also believe the German sex offender should be fully investigated.
Unless Vodaphone record the content of everyone’s phone calls I don’t see what additional information you would expect to glean that could be in any way useful?