Author Topic: Vila do Bispo in West Portugal becomes a place of interest for the second time.  (Read 26478 times)

Offline The General

Unless Vodaphone record the content of everyone’s phone calls I don’t see what additional information you would expect to glean that could be in any way useful?
You'd have a complete log of numbers dialled and accurate timings; like the ones the German Police have about CB that they think are so important.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

You'd have a complete log of numbers dialled and accurate timings; like the ones the German Police have about CB that they think are so important.
How do we know about the phonecall and texts, who made and received them and the times then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

IMO Maybe the call made from GM's mobile to KM's mobile on May 3rd at 23:17 held some clues... You know the one deleted from his call log along with several others.... we'll never know though because despite the PJ
The deleted calls (and texts) may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.... And just for the record I also believe the German sex offender should be fully investigated.

Sorry, you've lost me a bit there.

I know the Judicial Police were not allowed to use Kate's diary ... but they just leaked it anyway.

I know they were not allowed to tap the McCann phones to record conversations.

I have never heard of " ...  quite reasonably investigating the deleted call logs the courts in Portugal ruled against forcing Vodafone to hand over further information about them."

I think you need to provide your source for that quote.  Please do so.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

Sorry, you've lost me a bit there.

I know the Judicial Police were not allowed to use Kate's diary ... but they just leaked it anyway.

I know they were not allowed to tap the McCann phones to record conversations.

I have never heard of " ...  quite reasonably investigating the deleted call logs the courts in Portugal ruled against forcing Vodafone to hand over further information about them."

I think you need to provide your source for that quote.  Please do so.

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/05/pj-forbidden-to-read-mccanns-mobile.html
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

https://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2008/05/pj-forbidden-to-read-mccanns-mobile.html

Thank you.

Now can you find where Amaral says the PJ had already read and knew what was said in the deleted texts ... I have read it but don't know where.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Gertrude

The article does not specify letters bragging about assaulting and murdering Madeleine- that was Gertrude’s own interpretation.  The letters (if they exist) may not be quite so explicit as that,  but may hold clues or evidence that may be useful.  But carry on scoffing and sneering, I’m sure it’s bringimg you some comfort.

Me - My opinion is that Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends and that the request to be sent any correspondence is something routine that is bound to happen in an investigation. The press are the ones again, who present things as significant when they may not be.

and that was my whole point.    8(>((....it's the media that jump on these things and make them seem more significant than they may be.  I was never questioning the German's procedure but you jumped on my comment without really understanding what I was saying.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 10:21:33 AM by Gertrude »

Offline G-Unit

Me - My opinion is that Bruckner is unlikely to have written anything disturbing about Madeleine to past girlfriends and that the request to be sent any correspondence is something routine that is bound to happen in an investigation. The press are the ones again, who present things as significant when they may not be.

and that was my whole point.    8(>((....it's the media that jump on these things and make them seem more significant than they may be.  I was never questioning the German's procedure but you jumped on my comment without really understanding what I was saying.

Media stories should be acknowledged but not uncritically believed imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

Media stories should be acknowledged but not uncritically believed imo.
I'm often labelled as misogynist by one particular bird on here, but I'd contend that no self-respecting woman (strong, intelligent, independent woman at that) would sit there and let him regale tales of horrific child abuse.

Offline Erngath

I'm often labelled as misogynist by one particular bird on here, but I'd contend that no self-respecting woman (strong, intelligent, independent woman at that) would sit there and let him regale tales of horrific child abuse.

I very much doubt that a strong, intelligent, self-respecting , independent woman would be his woman of choice or indeed would a woman with these qualities find him in the least attractive.
His lifestyle and odious criminal past would perhaps not appeal to such a woman.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

I very much doubt that a strong, intelligent, self-respecting , independent woman would be his woman of choice or indeed would a woman with these qualities find him in the least attractive.
His lifestyle and odious criminal past would perhaps not appeal to such a woman.
Misogynist!

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

How do we know about the phonecall and texts, who made and received them and the times then?

Was the PJs court application to read the content of deleted texts.
With regards to the deleted call logs Vodafone had supplied a list of calls made and received but I’m not sure if this included the full number and call duration.
The deleted call logs certainly raised a red flag. Why did KM leave GMs 23:17 call in her log but GM deleted it from his?

Offline Gertrude

Yet all kinds of women are abused. Often the abuser appears to be the perfect partner, it takes a lot of effort on their part but after a few weeks to months the true nature of their controlling and abusive nature starts to seep out, often it's quite hard to get out of the relationship by that point for any woman as intimidation and control have been employed.
 I would say Bruckner was like this from the descriptions, dressing nicely, having a 'nice' car, then the abuse started to creep in.

Offline kizzy

Well, when you're raped I don't think you have a choice who it is.

so what is the point of your post.... it's not as if she actually picked him to rape her.

Offline Erngath

Yet all kinds of women are abused. Often the abuser appears to be the perfect partner, it takes a lot of effort on their part but after a few weeks to months the true nature of their controlling and abusive nature starts to seep out, often it's quite hard to get out of the relationship by that point for any woman as intimidation and control have been employed.
 I would say Bruckner was like this from the descriptions, dressing nicely, having a 'nice' car, then the abuse started to creep in.

Men like him are not inclined to pick strong, intelligent, self-respecting, independent women..
I agree that all types of women can find themselves in an abusive relationship but I refer back to the General's post which suggested that if he had mentioned Madeleine in a worrying context then no strong, independent woman would keep quiet.......my pont was that he was unlikely to be in a relationship with such a woman.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline faithlilly

Men like him are not inclined to pick strong, intelligent, self-respecting, independent women..
I agree that all types of women can find themselves in an abusive relationship but I refer back to the General's post which suggested that if he had mentioned Madeleine in a worrying context then no strong, independent woman would keep quiet.......my pont was that he was unlikely to be in a relationship with such a woman.

I’m sure the woman he has been with in the past may disagree with you.

You really do think in stereotypes don’t you ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?