Author Topic: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights  (Read 527943 times)

Offline Sunny

Re: McCanns appeal to the European Court of Human Rights
« Reply #2685 on: November 06, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »
Don't you think it will be very damaging to amaral and Portugal if it's found that Portugal has denied the McCann's their human rights

I wonder what will happen if they fail at the ECHR, Davel?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2686 on: November 06, 2018, 06:37:48 PM »
You have a cite for this, or is it just your opinion ?
Yes I can see it in the forum.  There are a lot less posts to read than a year ago IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2687 on: November 06, 2018, 06:40:48 PM »

Unless the ECHR publish the result, we might never hear.

Do they publish every rejection?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #2688 on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:18 PM »
Yes I can see it in the forum.  There are a lot less posts to read than a year ago IMO.

Hardly a cite, more an interpretation.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2689 on: November 06, 2018, 06:47:11 PM »
I loved this bit;

"Kate and Gerry don’t care about his money, he may be cashing in on their daughter’s disappearance and their misery, but they ultimate goal is to shut him up.

Isn't it too late to shut him up? It's ten years since he released his book. It has been widely read in Portugal, other European countries and on the internet. It wasn't found libelous and they were unable to prove it damaged any investigation or search for their daughter. Shutting Amaral up will make no difference at all to anything at this juncture in my opinion.
IMO Amaral will be making a career out of his connection with this case until his dying day.  The McCanns have as much likelihood of preventing this as they had of shutting up Tony Bennett, sad but true.  You see, IMO these two ..... have no sense of decency or morals, hence why they blithely continue with their arrogance, lies and stupidity, reveling in their involvement and notoriety.. 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:17:25 PM by John »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2690 on: November 06, 2018, 06:50:30 PM »
Hardly a cite, more an interpretation.
John or the Admin may have a counter showing daily posts or even just the number of visitors to the site on a year by year basis.
I know when I first arrived here  2.5 years ago the forum commonly would have over 100 people (guests) reading the forum.  Currently "95 Guests are viewing this board".  I haven't seen it over 100 for a while.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2691 on: November 06, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »

Based on past cases I don't see them failing... IMO they have a very strong case

Offline John

« Reply #2692 on: November 06, 2018, 07:22:28 PM »
John or the Admin may have a counter showing daily posts or even just the number of visitors to the site on a year by year basis.
I know when I first arrived here  2.5 years ago the forum commonly would have over 100 people (guests) reading the forum.  Currently "95 Guests are viewing this board".  I haven't seen it over 100 for a while.

The number of guests exceed well over 100 most days Rob, currently at 175.  In fact the number of new member registrations has risen recently compared to a few months back.  The long dark nights sees more people online too which is reflected in seasonal stats.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:28:02 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2693 on: November 06, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
The number of guests exceed well over 100 most days Rob, currently at 175.  In fact the number of new member registrations has risen recently compared to a few months back.
Are you reading the same line as I am?  "Robittybob1, Davel, carlymichelle, ShiningInLuz, Vertigo Swirl (+ 2 Hidden) and 87 Guests are viewing this board."    I'm not looking at the whole forum but the McCann board alone.

I see on this page http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php  visitors are over 170, but that is the whole board IMO.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:31:26 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline John

« Reply #2694 on: November 06, 2018, 07:33:02 PM »
Are you reading the same line as I am?  "Robittybob1, Davel, carlymichelle, ShiningInLuz, Vertigo Swirl (+ 2 Hidden) and 87 Guests are viewing this board."    I'm not looking at the whole forum but the McCann board alone.

I see on this page http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php  visitors are over 170, but that is the whole board IMO.

Sos Rob, I thought you meant the forum stats.  I think interest in Madeleine is waning but that is to be expected after more than eleven years.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 07:35:54 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2695 on: November 06, 2018, 07:41:16 PM »
Don't you think it will be very damaging to amaral and Portugal if it's found that Portugal has denied the McCann's their human rights

I don't know. Has it damaged the UK when they have been found guilty by the ECHR?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2696 on: November 06, 2018, 07:44:05 PM »
IMO Amaral will be making a career out of his connection with this case until his dying day.  The McCanns have as much likelihood of preventing this as they had of shutting up Tony Bennett, sad but true.  You see, IMO these two ..... have no sense of decency or morals, hence why they blithely continue with their arrogance, lies and stupidity, reveling in their involvement and notoriety..

Quite. Shutting people up isn't in their power however many court cases they instigate. They are wasting their time and the Fund's money in my opinion.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2697 on: November 06, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »
I don't know. Has it damaged the UK when they have been found guilty by the ECHR?

do YOU not remember psoting this...

If, by some chance, the ECHR finds that Portugal has breached the McCann's human rights they will have achieved more than if they had defeated Amaral. They will have discredited not just him, but his entire country.

its one of your posts I beleive

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2698 on: November 06, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »

Based on past cases I don't see them failing... IMO they have a very strong case

Every case is unique. IMO they have a very remote chance of succeeding.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2699 on: November 06, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
Every case is unique. IMO they have a very remote chance of succeeding.

every case follows similar rules on law....on what evidence do you base your belief