Author Topic: What type of camera was Joao Barreiras using?  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Robittybob1

What type of camera was Joao Barreiras using?
« on: October 06, 2018, 12:11:39 PM »
What type of camera was Joao Barreiras using?  2007 digital cameras would be the norm. 

So just how long would it take to snap those few photos?  http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_PHOTO_REPORT.htm

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

Re: What type of camera was Joao Barreiras using?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »
One would have to say, what relevance does it have?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
Just for the record ... it is my opinion that Robitty makes a valuable contribution to the forum when some of his persistence is rewarded by allowing things to be looked at slightly differently.

Whatever ... he is never offensive and always interesting ... and if members do not want to progress his threads there is no compulsion to contribute to them.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 07:44:56 PM »
One would have to say, what relevance does it have?
Can we tell if the job is done with skill or not?  To me the shots look slightly out of focus.   Relatively poor quality for  a good digital image. 
I'm trying to work out whether Kate was right that the PJ didn't stay long.  I would think the few shots we see could be snapped in well under 10 minutes. 

I wasn't looking for a long thread but just an answer to the question, does anyone know what type of camera Barreiras used?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:47:44 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 07:54:04 PM »
Can we tell if the job is done with skill or not?  To me the shots look slightly out of focus.   Relatively poor quality for  a good digital image. 
I'm trying to work out whether Kate was right that the PJ didn't stay long.  I would think the few shots we see could be snapped in well under 10 minutes.

Early reports said the PJ left at 4am.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 08:00:51 PM »
What I did notice there was no use of a flash when taking the outside photos which would be a feature of a digital camera which is capable of taking pictures in low light.

Since they were aware that Kate had reported the window and the shutters had been interfered with I would have hoped for more close up work on the window and shutter from the outside.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 08:02:54 PM »

I wasn't looking for a long thread but just an answer to the question, does anyone know what type of camera Barreiras used?

Rob the photographs were taken with a camera ( I have no idea what sort) then printed out onto the PJ reports. The poor quality of the images could be caused by a low quality printer. These documents were then scanned  onto discs for the files again the quality of the scanner will play a part.

So IMO we can't make any judgement about the photographs and their quality.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:14:26 PM »
Rob the photographs were taken with a camera ( I have no idea what sort) then printed out onto the PJ reports. The poor quality of the images could be caused by a low quality printer. These documents were then scanned  onto discs for the files again the quality of the scanner will play a part.

So IMO we can't make any judgement about the photographs and their quality.
OK you might be right the quality is reduced by the scanning of physical paper documents.  I'm getting spoilt now by having images on computers.  I recall a photo taken by a friend with a high quality digital camera and I was able to zoom in to the point where I was able to see the hairs inside the subjects nostrils.

The photo of the main bedroom with the blotchy wall worries me. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:48:53 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »
What I did notice there was no use of a flash when taking the outside photos which would be a feature of a digital camera which is capable of taking pictures in low light.

Since they were aware that Kate had reported the window and the shutters had been interfered with
I would have hoped for more close up work on the window and shutter from the outside.

What makes you think Kate reported any such thing? I get the impression you write down what you think might have happened rather than what actually happened.

Kate said nothing to the PJ according to Martins. Gerry told them the window, shutters and curtains were open when she went to the apartment at 22.00. He didn't say anything about the outside of them.

Barreiras found Kate's prints on the window (inside);

The witness carried out finger print testing on the inside of the bedroom window, where the girl had been sleeping, leaving other examinations for the following day given that on that occasion these tests could not be carried out in the best technical conditions. For this reason, the apartments and the surrounding area were sealed off, watched over by the GNR officers who remained on site.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JOAO_BARREIRAS.htm
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 08:43:31 PM »
G-unit why reply to the photo image, and then complain about something that is not in the post you quoted? 

Moderation

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
G-unit why reply to the photo image, and then complain about something that is not in the post you quoted?

Probably to point out Kate had touched the window which you said she claimed had been interfered with.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 09:05:48 PM »
Probably to point out Kate had touched the window which you said she claimed had been interfered with.

"At the same place, at about 22.00 Kate discovered the facts and the consequent disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, at this moment the window being wide open as well as the curtains and the shutter."
Gerry is definitely reporting what Kate said to Gerry.

The PJ knew that was what was being claimed so where are the close up shots of the window and the shutters?  Maybe he didn't know how to do real close up shots. 
At work they gave us cameras for taking evidence photos but there was no actual training in how to use them.  When you needed to use them you had to learn on the spot.  I recall sometimes the lens cover hadn't been removed, or your finger was partly over the lens.  It was real skill to take a zoomed in shot.
Moderation

Offline Sunny

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:26 PM »
"At the same place, at about 22.00 Kate discovered the facts and the consequent disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, at this moment the window being wide open as well as the curtains and the shutter."
Gerry is definitely reporting what Kate said to Gerry.

The PJ knew that was what was being claimed so where are the close up shots of the window and the shutters?  Maybe he didn't know how to do real close up shots. 
At work they gave us cameras for taking evidence photos but there was no actual training in how to use them.  When you needed to use them you had to learn on the spot.  I recall sometimes the lens cover hadn't been removed, or your finger was partly over the lens.  It was real skill to take a zoomed in shot.

Or perhaps it was so dark that he didn't bother taking photographs knowing that a full forensic search was going ahead and the apartment was being locked with a GNR officer left outside.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »

I don't know where the rest of the above post went. How strange!

Quoting your version of events rather than the version recorded does nothing for your credibility in my opinion.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »
Or perhaps it was so dark that he didn't bother taking photographs knowing that a full forensic search was going ahead and the apartment was being locked with a GNR officer left outside.
Having been in these situations myself, you think I should have played around with the digital camera myself and got to know it like the back of my hand, but for some reason I didn't. 
I got better in the end but taking shots at night or in the bright sunlight could be difficult.

If they both thought "Oh well we'll leave till tomorrow", some important points could easily be missed.  One GNR officer could only observe one side of the building at any one time, so if you had been working in tricky situations, like I have, you might have some observation on this side but on the other side of the building there could be people moving things away.

Think of prison officers etc how much difficulty they have at controlling inmates.  Police officers at a scene of a crime also, there would be people shifting things to hide evidence all the time (opinion).  You need enough staff to control it.
Moderation