Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1349197 times)

stephen25000

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2013, 10:12:08 AM »
" Madeleine had an accident in the apartment"

Is that the main alternative theory?

What do you think are the others ?

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
What do you think are the others ?

I only saw one - it was deleted in a matter of minutes.

If you know of any others please feel free to inform the forum.

Offline Benice

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
Merely because you don't accept other theories does not make you right. That is your opinion and no more.

Besides you can no more prove abduction than I can prove Madeleine had an accident in the apartment.

In the former, no proof at all, in the latter the forensics were inconclusive.

As to your latter sentence, you are not that naive.

SY say you are wrong  - and if it's a choice between their expertise and knowledge of the case and yours - then its no contest imo.

Naive or not -  I still have no idea what you mean when you say:-

''As to the abuse it has produced, well you know exactly where that originates.''

Please clarify.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
I can truthfully say I have never read a single credible alternative theory to abduction.  And IMO if one existed you would be spamming the board with it on a daily basis.    Your reluctance to divulge what exactly this theory is and provide proof of its credibility  - says it all IMO.

I can also assure you I have no idea what you mean by ''you know exactly where that (abuse) originates'  Please clarify.
Credible alternative theories to the abduction one exist, but can hardly be expressed plainly, unless the author is potentially suicidal or writes a fiction, changing protagonists, places, names and circumstances for protection reason. It has already be done, offering an interesting narrative, possibly illuminating mutatis mutandis the McCann case (the abduction's default is the lack of narrative), but was precisely too much fictionalised to captivate readers. Carter Ruck rightly found it useless to react.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »
I agree it would be very difficult to propose a theory on an open forum that involves the Mccanns in any way, as there is no evidence (at present) that would support that theory. Hence the risk of libel.

Lyall

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
I agree it would be very difficult to propose a theory on an open forum that involves the Mccanns in any way, as there is no evidence (at present) that would support that theory. Hence the risk of libel.

Plenty exists a posteriori.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »
Actually the more i read about it, and some stuff lately coming forward as old news I think it was the maintenance man.

When someone tries to point towards someone else it is usually a lie...he tried to point to gypsies.....

I have always thought the child knew the person, died in the apartment, and that is why the dogs scented there...He would easily be able to get out the front door and I have always thought who ever killed her used the empty apartment above to hide her body. The dogs indicated outside that apartment and he would have access to a key.

He would also know where to hide her body.

What was bugging me was how could someone get in the front door or out, but if they had a copy of that key which was an unusual key, he could easily go in to burgle perhaps, and the child woke up and he over reacted......

He knew the ritual of the family and how often they would check them.

Yes it makes sense. The only thing that bugged me was JT sighting, and also GM saying he saw her at 9.10. I am not sure I believe that. I wonder if he just listened at door, then saw his friend and decided to chat to him instead.

Probably way off base lol...but its the pointing elsewhere that gets me everytime. Especially pointing at Romas all the time.

I hope finally we get resolution for the child. It just all makes sense to me now.

I think the dogs were right, and that he touched stuff like the toy, and went into wardrobes looking for stuff etc and all this was transference....so the McCanns carried the scent with them.

I believe he went in with a bag to carry stuff (they must have had laptops etc), and used it to take the child instead.

Is that a good enough theory for anyone?

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
I share with SH admiration for the finesse of Icabodcrane's posts, but I share with Icabodcrane the opinion that feeding illusory worlds isn't fair. If fantasy doesn't at least entertain like in Enid Blyton novels, it can't but frustrate either its builder and its public as it offers no challenge to what in ourselves needs to understand.

There is a distinction between sheer fantasy and building a hypothesis.

A hypothesis has to be built on something concrete. It involves conjecture, but it also involves facts.

There are people on this forum who have hypotheses as to what may have happened. They may be incorrect, but they are not baseless.

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »
Madeleine McCann police sift 4,000 calls following TV appeal
Leicester Mercury

Oct 30, 2013 7:03AM

Madeleine McCann
Detectives are continuing to examine information after receiving 4,000 calls about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Metropolitan Police officers are poring over possible leads and sightings following appeals on Crimewatch and German and Dutch TV programmes two weeks ago.

A Met Police spokesman said they had received 3,000 calls and e-mails after the British show, 500 calls following the German TV broadcast and 350 after it was shown in the Netherlands.

.....removed advert .....

Redeem View details
Portuguese police have since reopened their investigation after the Portugal Policia Judiciaria asked the government for permission to have another look into the case, as witnesses who were not questioned in the initial investigation had been identified.

Portuguese police had shelved their initial investigation in 2008, the year after Madeleine vanished.

Crimewatch aired a reconstruction of the night Madeleine went missing. New e-fits of men seen nearby on the night were released.

The BBC show also revealed a former prime suspect – a man who seen carrying a girl in pyjamas at 9.15pm on the night Madeleine disappeared – was an innocent British tourist.

Madeleine's parents, Gerry and Kate, said: "We urge anyone who may have information relating to Madeleine's abduction to contact police."

Madeleine, of Rothley, was three when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007.

Anyone with any information should contact Met Police by calling 0207 321 9251 or by e-mailing:

Operation.Grange@ met.pnn.police.uk

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:34:42 AM by Admin »

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
Kazcutt, how shocking - you pointed out something completely logical and bleeding obvious.

but this is the PJ part of the review and it was stated to be different to SY investigation.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
Kazcutt, how shocking - you pointed out something completely logical and bleeding obvious.

Sadly this doesn't appear to have occurred to Goncalo Amaral.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
"What about pings 8.30pm-10pm on May 3rd. Have you investigated these?"

No need as Madeleine was in Praia da Luz at that time. When she could've left in the rental car is what I'm investigating and no doubt what the police are also doing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:28:08 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline imustpointout

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
"What about pings 8.30pm-10pm on May 3rd. Have you investigated these?"

No need as Madeleine was in Praia da Luz at that time. When she could've left is what I'm investigating and what the police are also doing no doubt.

yes but what if a suspicious phone was activated in PDL around that time?

lizzibif.

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2013, 08:14:03 AM »
how long does one have to wait for a approval of a thread ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
how long does one have to wait for a approval of a thread ?

Do you think admin can be available every minute 24/7 ?    If you need to blame anyone blame the muppets whose actions created the need to have new threads pre-authorised in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 11:15:21 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!