Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius trial commencing 3rd March 2014 to be televised.  (Read 11928 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Oscar Pistorius trial commencing 3rd March 2014 to be televised.
« on: February 25, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »
The trial is going to be televised starting 3rd March '14! This is going to be another O J Simpson type circus ..... they will probably show the Dewani trial too if he ever faces justice!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:29:38 PM by Admin »

Silkywhiskers

Re: Oscar Pistorius trial commencing 3rd March 2014 to be televised.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »
Oh for Gods sake.

He shot the woman several times through a locked bathroom door.

How on earth do people feel he is innocent?

Redblossom

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
The trial is going to be televised starting 3rd March '14! This is going to be another O J Simpson type circus ..... they will probably show the Dewani trial too if he ever faces justice!

Well, they say the rich and famous dont get convicted ever if they are guilty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564446/Olympian-Oscar-Pistorius-not-KILLED-girlfriend-deliberately-new-evidence-The-Blade-Runner-likely-did-not-prostheses-time-shooting.html

PS Why does the daily mail not allow comments " for legal reasons" in a case happening in South Africa with no links to the UK but allows comments on an onging case ie Knox, oh well

Eta I meant in Italy and nothing to do with the UK either (legally speaking though Meredith was British)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:54:35 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Carana

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
Oh for Gods sake.

He shot the woman several times through a locked bathroom door.

How on earth do people feel he is innocent?

Innocent of what? He's admitted he shot her. He says it was a tragic mistake thinking that it was a dangerous intruder. The prosecution says it was murder.

Whatever happened, I hope that his trial - and the reporting of it - are fair.

Offline a.baker

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
His version of events has many flaws in it. For instance,he managed to locate his gun,put on his legs (eventually) and other things all in the dark but couldn't see that Reeva was not in the bed? He says he shouted to what he thought was an intruder and to Reeva before he fired the shots. Why did Reeva then not respond if she was just innocently using the toilet? And surely she would have screamed out after the first shot and at that point he would have realised it was her and yet he fired more shots. Sorry,but I don't find him believable.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »
I agree Amanda, the evidence of guilt is overwhelming. I hope Pistorius gets life and Shrien Dewani the same; the South African prison system is missing two lifers in my opinion!

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »

Innocent of what? He's admitted he shot her. He says it was a tragic mistake thinking that it was a dangerous intruder. The prosecution says it was murder.

Whatever happened, I hope that his trial - and the reporting of it - are fair.

Thats one of the reasons the authorities have agreed it can be televised.

His version of events has many flaws in it. For instance,he managed to locate his gun,put on his legs (eventually) and other things all in the dark but couldn't see that Reeva was not in the bed? He says he shouted to what he thought was an intruder and to Reeva before he fired the shots. Why did Reeva then not respond if she was just innocently using the toilet? And surely she would have screamed out after the first shot and at that point he would have realised it was her and yet he fired more shots. Sorry,but I don't find him believable.

See my link above from the Daily Mail, thats exactly what some witnesses are saying.

Meanwhile

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/10664950/Oscar-Pistorius-police-fly-to-Apple-HQ-in-California-to-access-deleted-phone-messages.html

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:03:20 PM by Redblossom »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 07:04:17 AM »

You hear a noise in your apartment. What is the first thing you do?

You wake your partner tell them to be quiet and ring the gate security, then you get your gun, screw on your leg and go investigate.

I have never heard such a load of garbage. I think personally he was suffering from PTSD and something triggered an attack in his head and his girlfriend paid the price. IMHO.

Offline Myster

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 07:43:43 AM »
You hear a noise in your apartment. What is the first thing you do?

You wake your partner tell them to be quiet and ring the gate security, then you get your gun, screw on your leg and go investigate.

I have never heard such a load of garbage. I think personally he was suffering from PTSD and something triggered an attack in his head and his girlfriend paid the price. IMHO.

PTSD ?...  because his girlfriend was about to leave him and they'd just had a loud argument, or because he heard somebody breaking into the apartment ?

Aren't you thinking of Shrien Dewani ?

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
PTSD ?...  because his girlfriend was about to leave him and they'd just had a loud argument, or because he heard somebody breaking into the apartment ?

Aren't you thinking of Shrien Dewani ?

NO, I am not thinking of Shrien Dewani. I just wonder if something happened to him after his near death experience in 2009 after his serious accident, it effected his training for a year and I noted too that later in that year he was arrested for allegedly slamming a door on a woman at his home.

From what i have read he appears to have become obsessed with guns, and safety in his home, and his relationship with  Reeva Steenkamp was becoming strange for her, and he was changing.

Just because he lost his legs at 11 months, doesnt mean there isnt some hidden trauma going on in his head.

I just find it so odd, that before 2009 he seemed perfectly happy, but afterwards over time he changed. This is only what I have read, I dont know him, but a couple of his friends said he had changed.

Something made him react irrationally, OR with intent on that night his girlfriend died, I dont think for one moment a sane man would have reacted in the way he did, after hearing a noise in the apartment unless of course he was out of his brain on alcohol or drugs. My opinion purely, just find it odd and unbelievable, that he would not check the safety of his girlfriend first.....

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
Reeva had her mobile phone with her in that locked toilet at 3.00am. I think that speaks volumes; in my opinion she locked herself in there because she was scared of OP. He then lost all control and deliberately shot her through the door.

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »
Reeva had her mobile phone with her in that locked toilet at 3.00am. I think that speaks volumes; in my opinion she locked herself in there because she was scared of OP. He then lost all control and deliberately shot her through the door.

None of it adds up, too many iffy excuses.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
Even if his ridiculous story is true, OP is guilty of gross criminal negligence and should spend many years in prison even on that basis!

Even if there had been a burglar behind that locked door, is someone fully armed justified in shooting through the door to kill? He should have at least challenged the 'burglar' first whilst perhaps firing a warning shot. The logical thing to have done would have been to keep the toilet door covered with his 9mm while getting Reeva to call the police and the compound's security.

I smell another OJ Simpson style travesty of justice being played out!

Redblossom

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »
Wasnt she chatting to an ex or had met him that day ? that could have been the cause of an argument and him feeling so insecure and jealous he lost it
Was Valentines day too

I agree the story "as presented" does not add up as are most false stories

http://news.sky.com/story/1218849/oscar-pistorius-lawyers-prepare-for-showdown
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:49:12 PM by Redblossom »

Offline John

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Common sense tells us that the series of events which Pistorius claims are basically codswallop.  Nobody in their right mind would shoot multiple times blindly through a bathroom door not knowing where your partner was at that very moment in time.

At the very least he is guilty of criminal endangerment causing death.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.