Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > The Lockerbie Bomber - Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al Megrahi.

Abdelbaset Mohmed al Megrahi dies at home in Tripoli

(1/2) > >>

John:
Breaking News:

It has just been announced that Abdelbaset Mohmed al Megrahi had died at his home in Tripoli.

John:
His brother Abdulhakim said on Sunday that Megrahi's health had deteriorated quickly and he died at home in Tripoli.

He told the AFP news agency that Megrahi died at 13:00 local time (11:00 GMT).

The BBC's Rana Jawad, who is outside Megrahi's home in Tripoli, says family members are making preparations to receive guests paying their condolences.

Last month, Megrahi's son said his father had been taken to hospital for blood transfusions.

Centaur:
I feel really sad for him and his family today after everything that has happened.  I saw Jim Swire on Sky TV earlier today.  He lost his daughter Flora on that doomed flight and he is determined that the US and UK are made to reveal what really went on in the investigation which followed the crash.  Paying millions of dollars to witnesses is just not no in my view.  Then there is the break in at Heathrow Airport just hours before the baggage for the flight was loaded

Admin:

--- Quote from: Centaur on May 20, 2012, 05:54:06 PM ---I feel really sad for him and his family today after everything that has happened.  I saw Jim Swire on Sky TV earlier today.  He lost his daughter Flora on that doomed flight and he is determined that the US and UK are made to reveal what really went on in the investigation which followed the crash.  Paying millions of dollars to witnesses is just not no in my view.  Then there is the break in at Heathrow Airport just hours before the baggage for the flight was loaded

--- End quote ---

They hope that this will see the book closed but they are deluded if they think this is going to go away.  We have it on best authority that the Megrahi family are going to reinstate his appeal since the SCCRC have stated that there are indeed reasons to believe that the conviction was unsafe.

Admin:
There is also an excellent interview with Jim Swire this morning following Megrahi's passing in which he give some insight into what has been going on.

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16231765

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version