Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243422 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1125 on: April 16, 2019, 12:21:53 PM »
So is that a yes or a no? Difficult to tell.
I had to read it twice too. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1126 on: April 16, 2019, 12:46:22 PM »
As you say, you said;

"I think that exactly sums up the sceptics belief ... not so much in the police whose final report laid it on the line ... but in Amaral's beliefs which he formulated in 2007 and which remain the cornerstone for sceptics."

A simple question for you; do you believe me when I say those are not my beliefs or do you not?

When have you ever said what you believe or what you don't believe?  A precis would be helpful.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1127 on: April 16, 2019, 12:50:39 PM »
I had to read it twice too.

I think you and Jassie have just provided an example of bullying and I also think it is well past the time that the thread title was being addressed rather than all this pettiness which seems to have replaced informative debate.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1128 on: April 16, 2019, 12:58:34 PM »
It’s not that I want to think you are pretending....it’s simply that you’ve given myself, and this forum, no other choice. You say that there is plenty of evidence, then when asked to supply that evidence you prevericate, insult and frankly act like a child. The forum rules state the cites must be supplied for claims yet you have consistently failed to provide any for your constant claim that there is evidence of an abduction. TBH I’d have thought you’d be champing at the bit to provide your evidence, imagine the joy you’d feel to shut us sceptics up, but no, not so much as a whisper of tangible proof.

So I’ll leave it there....but if you ever feel the need to claw back your credibility, don’t hesitate to let us know.

So faithlilly accusing me of acting like a child is acceptable

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1129 on: April 16, 2019, 01:04:37 PM »
Not answering my original question?
Why after so many years and the ongoing current  investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese police and without any shred of tangible evidence, do you still believe the parents of Madeleine are guilty of whatever the diverse views of sceptics believe?
You do obviously believe they are guilty of some part in their daughters disappearance?
I'm just wondering what keeps you so steadfast in your belief?

"Why after so many years and the ongoing current  investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese police and without any shred of tangible evidence, do you still believe the parents of Madeleine are guilty of whatever the diverse views of sceptics believe?
You do obviously believe they are guilty of some part in their daughters disappearance?
I'm just wondering what keeps you so steadfast in your belief?"

That is the question. 

The way I see it is if there was nothing to hide, why have the McCanns appeared to hide certain facts?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1130 on: April 16, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
"Why after so many years and the ongoing current  investigation by both NSY and the Portuguese police and without any shred of tangible evidence, do you still believe the parents of Madeleine are guilty of whatever the diverse views of sceptics believe?

That is the question. 

The way I see it is if there was nothing to hide, why have the McCanns appeared to hide certain facts?

What facts are those?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1131 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »

That is the question. 

They've appeared to hide things.. In your opinion... Not in others

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1132 on: April 16, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »
So faithlilly accusing me of acting like a child is acceptable
Yes I believe so for she is criticising what is coming from you .  Like criticism of words is OK and so must actions then be allowed to be criticised. 
If she said "you are a child", then that would be ad hominem IMO.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1133 on: April 16, 2019, 01:16:09 PM »
Yes I believe so for she is criticising what is coming from you .  Like criticism of words is OK and so must actions then be allowed to be criticised. 
If she said "you are a child", then that would be ad hominem IMO.

So if I say someones acting like they are in denial... That's acceptable... Thanks for clearing that up

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1134 on: April 16, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
They've appeared to hide things.. In your opinion... Not in others
The thread is about beliefs.  There will be a variety of beliefs which all are opinions of the holder.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1135 on: April 16, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
So if I say someones acting like they are in denial... That's acceptable... Thanks for clearing that up
If it is possible to act like they are in denial. 
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1136 on: April 16, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »
The thread is about beliefs.  There will be a variety of beliefs which all are opinions of the holder.

Don't we need to make it clear if we are, stating opinion

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1137 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:11 PM »
If it is possible to act like they are in denial.

Act in this situation means.. Behaving like a child.... So I'm OK to day a member is behaving as though they are in denial

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1138 on: April 16, 2019, 01:25:01 PM »
What facts are those?
Well there were the 49 unanswered questions in Kate's interview.  There are more examples but it is well past my bedtime.  https://omny.fm/shows/maddie/a-door-marked-closed  has examples through it. 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1139 on: April 16, 2019, 01:26:06 PM »
Act in this situation means.. Behaving like a child.... So I'm OK to day a member is behaving as though they are in denial
You are going to become a perfect poster one day at the rate you are going.
Moderation