Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243411 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1185 on: April 17, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »

"Moreover, he says that with respect to Madeleine she was in the same position in which he had left her at the beginning of the night. Madeleine was lying down on her left side, she was completely uncovered, that is, lying on top of the covers, with the soft toy and the blanket, both pink, next to her head, not knowing if they were placed in the position in which one can see them in the photograph attached to the files."

(GM 7th September)
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1186 on: April 17, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
As I recall, the PJ photos show a made up bed. No covers folded down.

Nice touch from the abductor there, making the bed after he took Maddie.

That does not looks like a made bed to me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1187 on: April 17, 2019, 05:40:37 PM »
That does not looks like a made bed to me.

It doesn't look slept in to me.
Nor would I describe it as having sheets folded towards the foot of the bed, as one of Gerry's statements describes.

Was Madeleine sleeping under them covers or on top of them?

Who knows, another one of those pesky translation problems.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1188 on: April 17, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
Can you see any judge allowing the alerts as evidence when the expert responsible for the evidence has stated it has no evidential reliability

Such evidence has been used in the US and in Scotland. In the correct context it is admissible. Those who decide are lawyers and judges, not dog handlers and searcgh advisers.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1189 on: April 17, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »
It doesn't look slept in to me.
Nor would I describe it as having sheets folded towards the foot of the bed, as one of Gerry's statements describes.

Was Madeleine sleeping under them covers or on top of them?

Who knows, another one of those pesky translation problems.
It looks like someone was in it to me, albeit briefly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1190 on: April 17, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
Would it be an accurate assertion that you very rarely if ever question evidence put forward by other sceptics to supprt their belief that the parents are complicit in some way, even if said evidence can also be evidence of something else, eg abduction?
I guess that’s a yes then. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1191 on: April 17, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »

"States that his daughter slept without the covers, as was normal, due to the heat, with the bed sheets folded towards the foot of the bed."

(GM statement May 10th)

"So, I actually came in and Madeleine was just at the top of the bed here, where I'd left her lying, and the covers were folded down and she had her cuddle cat and blanket, were just by her head."

(GM Madeleine Was Here)

But he rold hus wife;

Madeleine was lying there, on her left-hand side,
her legs under the covers, in exactly the same
position as we’d left her [madeleine]

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1192 on: April 17, 2019, 06:03:53 PM »
Such evidence has been used in the US and in Scotland. In the correct context it is admissible. Those who decide are lawyers and judges, not dog handlers and searcgh advisers.
They have been admitted a couple of times outside of England... Never in England...the bark of a dog is not admissable... It would need to be backed by it's handler... That has always been the case... In this case the handler says no evidential reliability.... I'm sure no alert has been admitted where the handler said that.... There is also evidence that the review of the Scottish case criticised the admissibility of the dog.. I think given the testimony of grime and Harrison the idea of the alerts being seen as evidence  is laughable..

Given the statements Re the digs I cannot see any lawyer even attempting to present them as evidence
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 06:07:42 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1193 on: April 17, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
As I recall, the PJ photos show a made up bed. No covers folded down.

Nice touch from the abductor there, making the bed after he took Maddie.

I have some experience of moving sleeping children and taking one from that bed would be easy if the child was lying on top of the covers because you need to get one arm under the knees. You could lift, turn and go very easily. If the child's legs were under the covers it's not so easy. Wouldn't the arm then have to slide under the covers to get behind her knees? The next movement would then be more complicated imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1194 on: April 17, 2019, 06:27:42 PM »
Just a reminder ... the thread topic is 'Sceptic beliefs?' ... that and the OP gives plenty of room for discussion in the abstract about any aspect whatsoever of what the forum has decided are called "sceptics" and what they wish to publish and promulgate on the internet.

I think sometimes you tend to get caught up in the personae for arguments sake ... which deflects from the intention of this thread and quite often some others.
So I won't be discussing me or discussing you ... particularly when there is such a fruitful harvest of sceptic beliefs out there to peruse and post about.

The forum can do as it wishes but I will continue to object if I think I'm being included in sweeping statements with which I disagree.

I don't know what the bolded bit means. What personas do I get caight up in?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1195 on: April 17, 2019, 07:10:26 PM »
The forum can do as it wishes but I will continue to object if I think I'm being included in sweeping statements with which I disagree.

I don't know what the bolded bit means. What personas do I get caight up in?

whether you like it or not some here consider you a sceptic...why should that bother you...it doesnt bother me in the slightest what others here think of me. Of course not all the traits apply to every sceptic .......its a generalisation...if you dont like being labelled a sceptic you could show how open minded you are by making some posts in support of the mccanns

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1196 on: April 17, 2019, 07:40:58 PM »
whether you like it or not some here consider you a sceptic...why should that bother you...it doesnt bother me in the slightest what others here think of me. Of course not all the traits apply to every sceptic .......its a generalisation...if you dont like being labelled a sceptic you could show how open minded you are by making some posts in support of the mccanns

That's an unenviable task if ever I saw one.
I've tried to come up with something positive to say about the McCanns & the best I can think of is, at least they've managed not to lose any more children.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1197 on: April 17, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
The slightly opened bedroom door would also suggest support for the woke and wandered theory.

Nobody saw the door slightly open. Matt and Emma Knight saw it half-open - the position Gerry said it moved to when he checked. That door is a red herring.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1198 on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »
I've tried to come up with something positive to say about the McCanns & the best I can think of is, at least they've managed not to lose any more children.
A
A post liked by G-Unit, therefore somewhat proving the point.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1199 on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:30 PM »

I can only imagine that they thank God they didn't.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.