Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243416 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1635 on: April 24, 2019, 07:41:21 PM »
well the post has been deleted and I can't recall the offending words but my comments to the forum was a clue.

as I said ..im not bothered...you cannot recall the offending words..im not bothered...time to move on

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1636 on: April 24, 2019, 07:46:01 PM »
Presumably that confirms you as another reader.   *&(+(+

I've also read your blog.
I particularly enjoyed your reference to me. @)(++(*
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1637 on: April 24, 2019, 07:50:41 PM »
as I said ..im not bothered...you cannot recall the offending words..im not bothered...time to move on
keep to the rules.  "That is an opinion not a statement of fact.  Keep to the rules." is what I said.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1638 on: April 24, 2019, 07:52:49 PM »
keep to the rules.  "That is an opinion not a statement of fact.  Keep to the rules." is what I said.

I am keeping to the rules..imo...you are wrong...imo...and as you cant remeber the post we cant dispute it...time to move on...you are disrupting the thraed

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1639 on: April 24, 2019, 07:55:01 PM »
I am keeping to the rules..imo...you are wrong...imo...and as you cant remeber the post we cant dispute it...time to move on...you are disrupting the thraed
OK  moving on ....
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1640 on: April 24, 2019, 07:58:12 PM »
I've also read your blog.
I particularly enjoyed your reference to me. @)(++(*

Many thanks.

I am still hoping to prise out of you what your Burn's night menu was.  I have another light and frothy thread stacked up for May 2019.  It's all about cooking.  Or hang on, it's about murder.  And mystery.

Such is fun.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #1641 on: April 24, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
Thank you Brietta.
You have explaned exactly my motive for starting this thread.
From time to time I do wonder what keeps sceptics so committed to their variety of beliefs in parental complicity in Madeleine's disappearance.
So much of their commitment  to their belief in complicity seems to depend on concerns which do not as yet seem to have aroused the same suspicions in both current police investigations.

Obviously the first one didn't go as planned.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1642 on: April 24, 2019, 08:59:11 PM »
Many thanks.

I am still hoping to prise out of you what your Burn's night menu was.  I have another light and frothy thread stacked up for May 2019.  It's all about cooking.  Or hang on, it's about murder.  And mystery.

Such is fun.

Your reference to me wasn't a very flattering one!
However let's move on from that point.

A number of reasons for celebration before another Burns night.
In our family there are a number of non meat eaters and one vegetarian.
So every menu has to be adapted.
Scottish dishes popular at Burns night would include Scotch Broth, Haggis neeps and tatties, Cullen Skink, Steak Pie, Chicken Balmoral, Cranachan...,
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1643 on: April 24, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »
Note me, kid. I don't need incessant goading to get me to admit my stance.
I'll even admit that some of the utterly insane theories are tarnishing the rational 'sceptic'. (yes, that's a concept, a rational sceptic)
You may be a rational sceptic but I doubt you can put forward a rational theory of parental involvement, taking into account the known facts of the case.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1644 on: April 24, 2019, 09:09:28 PM »
Presumably that confirms you as another reader.   *&(+(+
Not a regular one, but I’ve seen enough to have formed an opinion.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1645 on: April 24, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »
Sandra Felgueras is adamant that Goncalo Amaral lied to her in leaks about the evidence in Madeleine's case.

There was no blood!

What is "honest" about repeating the lies he told journalists in his best selling book?

Did she specifically say Amaral or simply the PJ ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1646 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:14 PM »
Did she specifically say Amaral or simply the PJ ?

SANDRA FELGUEIRAS ON THE MADDIE MCCANN DOCUMENTARY  "I'VE BEEN DECEIVED"
The journalist Sandra Felgueiras was this Thursday, March 28, in RTP's 5 To Midnight program, and spoke about the Netflix documentary 'The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann'
Snip
"I do not know if the people who did not follow the case like me, who lived that intensely, realized what I meant. I wanted to say something very simple, "she explains, referring to the fact that not only did she reveal that one of her sources was the then inspector of the Judicial Police Gonçalo Amaral but also that he had lied to her.

"A journalist does not reveal his sources. I only needed to talk about Gonçalo Amaral for a concrete and dangerous reason. I was deceived. I was told that the blood sample found in the car and the McCanns' room belonged to Madeleine, "recalls Sandra Felgueiras.

The journalist and face of the research program Sixth at 9 admits further that she feared that the public opinion had a negative impression on her testimony in the documentary of Netflix.

"I was uncomfortable because I thought people would find 'Sandra Felgueiras is an idiot footprint that reveals sources'. No, I'm not an idiot, and second, I do not reveal my sources. But I have a very clear beginning in my head. There is an article in the code of ethics that says that we must tell the truth whenever we feel cheated by a source. And this is what happened".

Leia mais em: https://www.vip.pt/sandra-felgueiras-sobre-o-documentario-de-maddie-mccann-eu-fui-enganada

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #1647 on: April 24, 2019, 10:06:51 PM »
SANDRA FELGUEIRAS ON THE MADDIE MCCANN DOCUMENTARY  "I'VE BEEN DECEIVED"
The journalist Sandra Felgueiras was this Thursday, March 28, in RTP's 5 To Midnight program, and spoke about the Netflix documentary 'The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann'
Snip
"I do not know if the people who did not follow the case like me, who lived that intensely, realized what I meant. I wanted to say something very simple, "she explains, referring to the fact that not only did she reveal that one of her sources was the then inspector of the Judicial Police Gonçalo Amaral but also that he had lied to her.

"A journalist does not reveal his sources. I only needed to talk about Gonçalo Amaral for a concrete and dangerous reason. I was deceived. I was told that the blood sample found in the car and the McCanns' room belonged to Madeleine, "recalls Sandra Felgueiras.

The journalist and face of the research program Sixth at 9 admits further that she feared that the public opinion had a negative impression on her testimony in the documentary of Netflix.

"I was uncomfortable because I thought people would find 'Sandra Felgueiras is an idiot footprint that reveals sources'. No, I'm not an idiot, and second, I do not reveal my sources. But I have a very clear beginning in my head. There is an article in the code of ethics that says that we must tell the truth whenever we feel cheated by a source. And this is what happened".

Leia mais em: https://www.vip.pt/sandra-felgueiras-sobre-o-documentario-de-maddie-mccann-eu-fui-enganada
.....she continued 'that, plus the large cheque Netflix presented me with for appearing'.*

* disclaimer: Sandra did not say these words, The General did.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1648 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:58 PM »
.....she continued 'that, plus the large cheque Netflix presented me with for appearing'.*

* disclaimer: Sandra did not say these words, The General did.

Probably not as much as the large cheque Netflix presented to Amaral ... or is this another occasion when he used publicity only to 'defend his honour' or whatever it is he does with it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #1649 on: April 24, 2019, 10:20:12 PM »
Probably not as much as the large cheque Netflix presented to Amaral ... or is this another occasion when he used publicity only to 'defend his honour' or whatever it is he does with it.
I think they would all of been paid handsomely for their trouble. They're all wringing the life out of it in my opinion - it's turned in to a cottage industry - the rise of the talking head. Sandra may be playing the 'oh woe is me card', but she's playing the same game. They all sign their lives away for the Netflix dollar. They relinquish any editorial control.
It's a sad indictment on society actually. It's one step away from Zane Lowe's Rudetube or 100 Craziest Things on Telly; it's essentially the same genre....some spotty C list tool vocally reviews a clip they've just seen on a telly about an amusing incident involving Anthea Turner and a motocross rider setting fire to her face in 1992.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:24:24 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum